• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf or Ghirahim?

Ganondorf or Ghirahim for Smash 4

• Ganondorf

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • Ghirahim

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TerumiLOLZ

Smash Apprentice
Which of these 2 popular Legend of Zelda villains would you prefer in? Keep Ganondorf and hope for a new moveset, or have Ghirahim replace Ganondorf? Because I doubt Legend of Zelda is getting more reps than Mario.

Weavel

Smash Ace
If Ganon is going to play like he does in hyrule warriors then ganon!!!!

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
How is this even a question? Ganondorf is the most prominent villain of the Legend of Zelda series, while Ghirahim, while memorable, is a one-time character.

D

Deleted member

Ganondorf is part of the triforce you can't separate that sort of thing.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Zelda isn't in any danger of passing the Mario franchise with its 6 confirmed characters plus arguably wario. And that same rule you'd think would guarantee there'd be more zelda characters than fire emblem

TerumiLOLZ

Smash Apprentice
Zelda isn't in any danger of passing the Mario franchise with its 6 confirmed characters plus arguably wario. And that same rule you'd think would guarantee there'd be more zelda characters than fire emblem
6? Are you including Yoshi? Isn't he considered a Yoshi character? And isn't Wario considered a WarioWare character? Ugh, spinoffs.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
6? Are you including Yoshi? Isn't he considered a Yoshi character? And isn't Wario considered a WarioWare character? Ugh, spinoffs.
Wario does represent WarioWare so I'll give him a pass. But Yoshi on the other hand is really more of a Mario character than anything, regardless of what Smash Bros. Says.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I don't care if Yoshi has a little egg symbol he is straight up a Mario character

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
1. Yoshi is considered a Yoshi's Island character. Deal with it.

2. Ganondorf.
That is ridiculous and you know it. The idea that Sakurai would say we can't have more zelda or pokemon because then they'd have more characters than Mario because I'm not including Yoshi! Is totally absurd

TerumiLOLZ

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they could just add Bowser Jr. Or Toad that way they could justify two more Zelda characters.
Add another Mario chara-

SHHH! Don't give them ideas! They're watching us...the Daisy supporters...*shudders*

That is ridiculous and you know it. The idea that Sakurai would say we can't have more zelda or pokemon because then they'd have more characters than Mario because I'm not including Yoshi! Is totally absurd
Well isn't Mario the head mascot of Nintendo? I think Mario and Legend of Zelda should have equal reps.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
What are you even talking about? I just said what Yoshi's considered in Smash. :laugh:

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
It's really not absurd at all.

Add another Mario chara-

SHHH! Don't give them ideas! They're watching us...the Daisy supporters...*shudders*
And the Waluigi supporters

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I would take Ganondorf over Ghirahim any day. I ****ing hate Ghirahim.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Context yo.

People here are implying we can't get another zelda character because Mario only has 5. Which is silly, because obviously Yoshi is as much a Mario character as luigi is
But it doesn't matter in the end. :rolleyes:

Yoshi is representing his own series. :p

TerumiLOLZ

Smash Apprentice
Ok so if Yoshi is Mario, then Legend of Zelda can get the Mario treatment of a newcomer. Correct?

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Ok so if Yoshi is Mario, then Legend of Zelda can get the Mario treatment of a newcomer. Correct?
Yeah. I really think the Yoshi thing is being blown out of proportion. It doesn't really matter what series he's supposed to be "representing". Mario isn't bring shafted because his main series has five characters, and two series's that are spin offs get characters as well. Plus, he's got more stages than Pokemon and Zelda, and more of the other stuff so it's not the end of the world if there's one more character in the game with a tri force logo, we have plenty of Mario dudes regardless if they have mushrooms as their logos.

L9L

Smash Cadet
NNID
sirshyguy
3DS FC
4596-9684-9176
I like Ghirahim, but it's tough to imagine any villain from Zelda getting in over Ganondorf. He's a little too iconic of both the series and Nintendo in general to get cut for Vaati or Zant, as cool as those two both are.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Ganondorf is the better choice, but why not have both? :lick:

Though that's probably only a pipe dream...

Last edited:

Waterwraith

Smash Cadet
Cuz somebody out there in the world is gonna see that Legend of Zelda has more reps than Mario and have a big HUH? moment.
Mario and Legend of Zelda both have always matched eachother in reps(Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link) (Mario Peach, Bowser, Luigi, Yoshi). Since Rosalina gives Mario a new rep it would only make sense for Zelda to get one too.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well Baby Mario does appear in the Yoshi games, so ok! ^_^
Yes, if we follow the logic that Yoshi has his own series because of Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Island (which is called Super Mario World 2, for god's sake), then Luigi should have his own series for Luigi's Mansion, because Yoshi's Island and Luigi's Mansion are pretty identical in how much Mario content they contain. Even Yoshi's Story still relies on many Mario enemies.

Yoshi is a Mario character, and I still have no idea why Sakurai chose to represent him differently. Oh well.

TerumiLOLZ

Smash Apprentice
Mario and Legend of Zelda both have always matched eachother in reps(Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link) (Mario Peach, Bowser, Luigi, Yoshi). Since Rosalina gives Mario a new rep it would only make sense for Zelda to get one too.
Yes but then Legend of Zelda would outnumber Mario. See this is why Toon Link should've been cut. Love the guy but still.

Waterwraith

Smash Cadet
Yes but then Legend of Zelda would outnumber Mario. See this is why Toon Link should've been cut. Love the guy but still.
Zelda wouldn't outnumber Mario. They'd each have six.

And even if Zelda did, Mario has more than enough stages and items and music to make up for it.

TerumiLOLZ

Smash Apprentice
Yes, if we follow the logic that Yoshi has his own series because of Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Island (which is called Super Mario World 2, for god's sake), then Luigi should have his own series for Luigi's Mansion, because Yoshi's Island and Luigi's Mansion are pretty identical in how much Mario content they contain. Even Yoshi's Story still relies on many Mario enemies.

Yoshi is a Mario character, and I still have no idea why Sakurai chose to represent him differently. Oh well.
Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's New Island, Yoshi's Cookie, and Yoshi's Story

Luigi's Mansion, and Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon

Hm...

Zelda wouldn't outnumber Mario. They'd each have six.

And even if Zelda did, Mario has more than enough stages and items and music to make up for it.
So clearly Yoshi is the 6th Mario character? Nonetheless, I see your point.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's New Island, Yoshi's Cookie, and Yoshi's Story

Luigi's Mansion, and Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon

Hm...
Yet I'm pretty sure that Yoshi's inclusion in the original SSB as his own series was based off of Yoshi's Story. Really the only two titles that I would give to Yoshi would be Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Cookie. Even still, it's silly to include him as a different series.

Yoshi is very much a Mario character, continuing to appear in big mainline Mario games, like Super Mario Galaxy 2.

TerumiLOLZ

Smash Apprentice
Yet I'm pretty sure that Yoshi's inclusion in the original SSB as his own series was based off of Yoshi's Story. Really the only two titles that I would give to Yoshi would be Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Cookie. Even still, it's silly to include him as a different series.

Yoshi is very much a Mario character, continuing to appear in big mainline Mario games, like Super Mario Galaxy 2.
I'm surprised Rosalina isn't a Galaxy character, but at the same time I'm not.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Wario does represent WarioWare so I'll give him a pass. But Yoshi on the other hand is really more of a Mario character than anything, regardless of what Smash Bros. Says.
It's not regardless of what Smash Bros says because Smash Bros is the series we're discussing. Regardless of what you personally consider Yoshi to represent, according to SSB the Yoshi series is as seperate from Mario as Mother or Fire Emblem.

In terms of physical slots on the roster no series has ever eclipsed Mario, which is a perfectly astute observation (although "Mario Theory" really bugs me as a name for it). Even Pokemon, with its "six" characters in Brawl, still stood at four slots alongside Mario and Zelda. With the inclusion of Rosalina and the seperation of Zelda and Sheik, Mario and LoZ now each have five slots if we assume Ganondorf is returning. Taking this further, Pokemon also has five slots if we assume Jigglypuff is returning. That's a proportional increase of one slot each for the main three series. This observation by itself, without any extrapolation beyond Ganon and Jiggly, is accurate.

As for the question at hand, it is impossible for Ghirahim to replace Ganondorf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom