• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon-user going to a Tourney at UK, need tips

PurpleEqualsDoom

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm a pretty experienced SSBM player, but this will be my first tournament that I actually participate in, so I'm going to be asking for some tips and advice in how to wield my character.

That character is Ganondorf.

If you guys could just remind/inform me of the essentials of using Ganondorf in highly competitive gameplay, I would be in a better state when I attempt to make the $500 at the tourney this March.

Here are a few things about my style of play: Knowing Ganon is slugglish and slow to recover from his moves, I try to L-cancel as much as possible after doing his Dair and Fair shffl. I haven't mastered these things, but rest assured I try to do them constantly. In fact, I'm rarely successful with my Fair shuffl, it's just so hard to do. I also side-step a ton, and it actually saves my butt from getting hit 90% of the time I use it. It's impossible for me to wave dash, it's just too hard for me to do. Um...

Okay just tell me anything you think I should know about him. Any of his moves, his combos, his best strats, and some things I can do against rough A and B tier characters.

Thanks everyone.

Kman25

Smash Ace
Which tourny in the UK are you going, If its TNJ then Ill be there and I started using Ganon as a Secondary so I think I could help a bit, Also if you live in London theres a smashfest this Sunday as well

The aerials I think you should be shffling are the fairs or the dairs, If they shield then jab or if you have space ftilt. Also Uairs if the are above you.

Dont always approach mindlessly with shffled aerials, You can do empty shorthops or simply waveland back. His down B is a good move but dont over use it or you will be punished.

Also his grab game is pretty good, Dthrow with floaties then follow their DI with a suitable aerial. Uthrow for the fast fallers the chain grabbing percents are on a thread in the ganon section.

With edgeguarding you can use his dair (my most favourite edgeguarding move), reverse Uair (wavelainding off platforms to do it helps as well), his dtilt can be used to edgeguard I believe, low angled ftilt as well and his fair at times.

Yeah and his ledge game as well, Such infinite ledge hop I think its called, the ledge cancelled uair or the uair onto stage and all that.

Well thats all I know, I havent played Ganon for long so thats all I know, Good Luck at the tourny

Top Bottom