• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Controller Mapping

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
What controls do you guys use? I find that using X/Y for jump is annoying because I have to move my thumb a lot between the B and X/Y buttons. I don't know if this belongs in General Discussion or not, but the last time I asked a question there, I just got troll responses.

Thanks.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ur still gonna get that sorry bro. this is the diddy boards after all.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wyatt uses the same thing I use, I did it first.

But really sam, if you don't like moving your thumb from jump to b all the time, try switch jump to whichever trigger button you don't use, if applicable. Otherwise, just practice thumb dexterity.

Vega4

Smash Ace
You must jump with X or Y, otherwise it would be kinda weird...

When I was starting to use Diddy, I used to shield and Glidetoss with R, but a I asked about controller mapping to a top Diddy main and he told me that best configuration was using L to shield, cause it was way easier to glide toss with L, and now I can tell he was complitely right.

Just use X or Y to jump, the more you practice, the more you'll feel it's completely natural.
Personally, I jump with Y and grab with X. Grabbing with X can be weird for some people, so it's just a personal choise xD

Don't worry about trolling, P1 loves me and he still trolls me all the time xD

tekkie

Smash Master
i have R set to special since i use L to shield every time anyways. makes jumpshine billions of times easier with wolf. i'm trying to implement it more with diddy too. in your situation it might make things a lot easier. why is moving between B and X/Y such an issue? is jump > special move actually useful for anything? i use it to fullhop peanuts but that's just screwing around.

edit: and being technical for technicality's sake cough cough dekar

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
control: reason

tap jump off: jumping out of shield when you're tilting your shield up during mk's tornado is for baddies.

L = jump: I use R for shield. L is for upsmashing out of shield. also for jump cancelled throws.

Controller is modded so that L and R springs are removed for better glidetossing.

y = useless: don't use it. pros jump with x.

c stick = dabess: use liberally

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
Dan, if I get a ride, I'll have a rematch with you at GC ;). I was surprised and kind of salty when you ran across FD just to take my banana beginning of game 1. I know you're not supposed to do that against a high level diddy.

Also, isn't it awkward to SH fair if you use x to jump?

Kantrip

Kantplay
No it isn't. I have a controller at my desk right now. X or Y sliding to A is a really simple input.

breez

Smash Ace
control: reason

tap jump off: jumping out of shield when you're tilting your shield up during mk's tornado is for baddies.

L = jump: I use R for shield. L is for upsmashing out of shield. also for jump cancelled throws.

Controller is modded so that L and R springs are removed for better glidetossing.

y = useless: don't use it. pros jump with x.

c stick = dabess: use liberally
Felix da bess.

Do none of you noobs claw-grip?

Picking up diddy is weird....

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
Dan, if I get a ride, I'll have a rematch with you at GC ;). I was surprised and kind of salty when you ran across FD just to take my banana beginning of game 1. I know you're not supposed to do that against a high level diddy.

Also, isn't it awkward to SH fair if you use x to jump?
Actualy, it makes it much easier IMO because there is 0 risk of full hopping with Y. I slide from right to left X-A and it is super easy to short hop fair. as I said, pros jump with x. unless you use tapjump for mk or some shiz like that

Top Bottom