• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameClucks Super Smash Bros Tournament March 7, Lynnwood, WA

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
GameClucks

When: show up at 4:00pm.

Tournament should start within a hour or so

Where: 3333 184th St SW, Lynnwood, WA 98037

Costs:
Venue Fee $5.00
Super Smash Bros. 1v1 $5.00

Rules:
Game Settings:
Mode: STOCK
Stocks: 5
Handicap: OFF
Team Attack: ON
Stage Select: ON
Damage: 100%
Item Switch: NONE
All Characters Available
All sets are best-of-3 except for the following which are best-of-5:
Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Quarters, 5th place tiebreaker, Losers Semis, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals

Stages:
The Stage List consists of Congo Jungle, Peach’s Castle and Dream Land.
The first match is always Dream Land

Characters:
All characters are legal.
For visibility reasons, players may request that Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon
(Right-C) not be used if Congo Jungle is the stage. The opposing player may reset the match without
penalty if they wish for a color change. Taking or dealing any damage nullifies this right.

Set Procedure:
Players select characters for first match. Double Blind Picks may be called.
The first match is played.
The loser of the previous match selects the next match’s stage from the Starter Stage and Counter pick Stage Lists.
The winner of the previous match selects their character.
The loser of the previous match selects their character.
The next match is played.
Above four steps are repeated if necessary.
Players may not counterpick to a stage they already won on that they picked themselves.

Additional Rules:
Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
Alternate or custom controllers/adapters such as a keyboard, Gamecube controller or a Hori Mini Pad are allowed. Players suspected of using turbo functions or other macros are subject to immediate disqualification from the tournament.
If a player pauses without prior agreement from the other opponent, the opponent has the right to gain a stock or take away the pauser’s stock from the moment of the pause and begin a rematch where both players’ percentages are reset to zero. The opponent also has the option to simply force the pauser to forfeit a stock without restarting the match.
Extreme stalling is disallowed. Any reported case of such will result in a warning, followed by automatic forfeit of the match as per the discretion of the TO. If there is no movement from either player, the losing player is considered to be stalling.

Last edited:

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
5 people from the Bellingham 64 scene will be rolling down. If I can find other people to drive there'll be more. Once again so excited.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'll still have some of my actual skill - the kind that's only inspired into existence by Apex - by the time this rolls around.

Or maybe I can follow through on my plans to pick up a Hori and use this event as Hori training grounds.

Hmm....

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
If it doesn't snow we'll have about 7 people coming down. If it does snow then things may go horribly wrong.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Thanks to everyone who came out to this. We got hit with snow at the end of the event that was fun!!
here is the bracket and results.

GC SSB FEB 8th bracket.png

1: Kefit
2: Captain L
3: Jel
4: Trangjim
5: McGodd
5: Bladewise
7: Irrocenttuno
7: Krynxe
9: Gordo
9: Fig
9: bob
9: Avsany
13: Little spoon
13: Cazcom
13: John H

GGS everyone videos soon to come.

Last edited:

gt_pokey

Smash Rookie
How in the world did I not come in last since I had to leave before the tourney matches started???

Last edited:

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
Great games everybody. See you all next month I hope.There's a tournament in march in Bham I'll make a post regarding it soon.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
How in the world did I not come in last since I had to leave before the tourney matches started???
This has been fixed for now. Keep in mind you had to leave right when we all started to play matches witch means you should of got a DQ. You also did not get your money back and it was still in the pot.

A lot of events take time to run and players need time to play I will post from now on time to be there and not the time of the event as it can take a few hours for the event to start.

The next event has been posted.

Last edited:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Had a lot of fun, guys. I'll definitely continue to enter 64 so long as it's there, but my attendance at GameClucks is really inconsistent (due to the long drive and whatnot) so don't expect my every time~

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
So is 64 confirmed for the 8th at Gameclucks?
Yeah it is.

From this month
Results:
2: McGodd
4: Foos
5: Little spoon
7: Chris solis
7: Cazcom
9: Kamaji
9: Coarh
9: Elliot
9: Krynxe
13: Hadoken

Last edited:

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
March Gameclucks was excellent as always, had a lot of fun. Had great sets with Jel and taking a game off Kefit in the grand finals was probably the highlight of my SSB playing so far. See you guys next month.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Updated Info for the next tournament.

Who will come this time? This is the tournament before NWM so be sure to get ready!!!

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
Bellingham usuals confirmed, at least Littlespoon and I hopefully some others. As usual I wouldn't miss it for the world and I'll be training hard to win. Will we be seeing @Captain L this time around?

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
GGs y'all, sorry I got so salty I was beating myself up for how I played. See you guys at NWM.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
GGs y'all, sorry I got saty I was beating myself up for how I played. See you guys at NWM.
Its all good everyone has off days playing smash I had mine last month. Cant wait to play you again soon.
Are there results for April somewhere? Or can you post them here?
Yeah ill post them tonight

Results from April GC
2: Brax
3: Ichiro
4: Jel
5: McGodd
5: Cazcom
7: DAK
7: THIX
9: Smurf
9: Mister E
9: Damken

Last edited:

Eric Clapp

Smash Rookie
I am planning on going.

Did the results for NWM get posted anywhere? *Edit, nvm, found them

Last edited:

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
Yo this was an awesome GC even though Kefit didn't come. Jel that falcon set was what I play this game for holy ****. @Captain L I got you next time, I won't pick peach's.

Eric Clapp

Smash Rookie
CaptainL's shines are filthy. What an awesome Grand Finals. We had a bunch of people watching it in the back room, almost as many as were watching Melee GF.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
GGS everyone. Yeah Kefit could not make it out to this one as he had other things to do. But I had fun coming out only thing was I could not stay for GF has I had other things to do as will.

1: Captain L
2: McGodd
4: Smurf
5: Nobking
7: FireFly
7: Tait
9: Kenji
9: Praxis
9: Little spoon
9: ****inya
GC June bracket.png

Studstill

Smash Ace
Do you have the brackets from April and March? And/or the videos the non-Feb ones? Also, no event in May?
Have you guys been to http://Rankings.SuperSmashBros64.com ?
We run a single match archive, stats, and much more. The videos are also neatly linked to the match record. There is a bunch of stuff to help report online games, but any game of Smash 64 is eligible, including console and ESPECIALLY Tournament!
You guys do sets, so there are actually quite a few matches! Jel, or TO could sign up (free) as a TO and report the games, or myself or another admin would have no problem doing it just off the posts here. For example, the Feb tourney has the videos already, plus I can get chars/stocks left from them.
Let me know if you`re interested, the stats are really cool, the "rankings" are nifty but just the abiliy to track your stats is what I really dig.

Last edited:

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
In May we had Northwest Majors instead of our usual monthly.
It'd be pretty dope if you wanted to do that we have a lot of players that enjoy tracking their progress, myself included. If you need anything feel free to shout, I think Jel has all the brackets saved.

Studstill

Smash Ace
The northwest majors would count, in fact, all games count!
Yeah, man, we`re figuring out how to best help TO`s use the site. For right now I don`t mind putting them all in myself! The brackets are helpful, but for the full picture I`d need the videos. Not like, for the video per se, but to see who used what character: Our system is character based, i.e. you can`t really play Studstill, but you can play Studstill`s Kirby or Studstill`s Pika, all the chars are tracked separately.
Unless the brackets have this info somewhere and I`m not seeing it? (Individual matches in set/chars used)
Oh, and I`d need the players themselves to make an account (super-easy, free, no spam/ads/bull****)
AND
then just "activate" the characters they use.
Since there is no rush, we`re doing some major updates, I`ll link to the how to videos on here when they get made.
Glad you`re interested, it`s super cool.
Here is what we`re working on now, for online/console reporting, in real-time.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JcPYksRhlOITt_1I8iFDDyw8MG5y33zTlJNY7YZqflI/edit?usp=sharing

Cestus

Smash Cadet
I am going along with 4 of my friends. The 5 of us will likely carpool and are all entering SSB64 only.

Last edited:

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
GGS everyone. Thanks for coming out had a lot of fun matches and hope to see you all next month!!.

1: Jel
2: Connor
3: Bladewise
5: P4KI Firefly
7: Cestus
7: Kerth
9: Toast
9: Punk Panda
9: Kevin
9: Milton
13: CEPG3 Hangrg Headcras
13: Jake
SSB GC Aug 2 bracket.png

Cestus

Smash Cadet
GGS everyone. Thanks for coming out had a lot of fun matches and hope to see you all next month!!.

1: Jel
2: Connor
3: Bladewise
5: P4KI Firefly
7: Cestus
7: Kerth
9: Toast
9: Punk Panda
9: Kevin
9: Milton
13: CEPG3 Hangrg Headcras
13: Jake
Definitely going to go to all of these that I can, had a great first tournament! Milton is a likely to go regularly with me, maybe Jake, Toast lives in San Diego, and Connor would go to them all but he travels a good amount with school out of state.
Shoutouts to everyone in my group for doing as well as they did on their first tournament, especially Connor, I knew you would do well but DAMN bro. Sorry Jake :grin:. Also thanks to Jel and Smurf for facilitating such a good time, looking forward to smashing in and out of tournament with you guys!

Top Bottom