• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameboy Stage

Croco

Smash Lord
Gameboy -
The gameboy stage places players in the old grey brick gameboy yellowish screen. It plays allot like the SSBM Mr. Game & Watch stage but the scenery changes every few minutes to different gameboy games.

One of them is the gameboy camera.. and in this one it imports your pictures from your SD card and converts them to a Gameboy camera pixel look.

List of games that could work-

Super Mario Land
Balloon Kid
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
Kirby's Dream Land
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Donkey Kong
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Game Boy Camera
Wario Land II
Wario Land 3

List of games that might work-

Alleyway
Baseball
Golf
Tennis
Tetris
Golf
Dr. Mario
F-1 Race
Play Action Football
Radar Mission
Solar Striker
Yoshi
Wave Race
Yoshi's Cookie
Kirby's Pinball Land
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Tetris 2
Top Rank Tennis
Donkey Kong Land
Kirby's Block Ball
Mario's Picross
Vegas Stakes
Donkey Kong Land 2
Mole Mania
Pokémon Blue
Pokémon Green (Japan only)
Pokémon Red
Tetris Attack
Tetris Blast
Donkey Kong Land III
Kirby's Star Stacker
Major League Baseball
Pokémon Trading Card Game
Pokémon Yellow
Mario Golf
Pokémon Gold
Pokémon Pinball
Pokémon Silver
Crystalis
Donkey Kong Country
Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble
Mario Tennis
Pokémon Crystal
Pokémon Puzzle Challenge
Wario Land 3
Warlocked
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
That's a pretty good idea. Of course, the stage probably should be bigger than your picture. Also, I'm not so sure about having a gameboy camera as a part of the stage. If Flat Zone wasn't in SSBM than I probably would have said that this might be a little too, um, "old" to be a stage, but it was so I say this is a good idea.:)

Note my signature.

Croco

Smash Lord
That's a pretty good idea. Of course, the stage probably should be bigger than your picture. Also, I'm not so sure about having a gameboy camera as a part of the stage. If Flat Zone wasn't in SSBM than I probably would have said that this might be a little too, um, "old" to be a stage, but it was so I say this is a good idea.:)

Note my signature.
Thanks.
Yeah I only used that image as a example.. And I know what you mean by your sig.. lol

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Good idea.

You need to add Tetris to that list. Tetris blocks could fall on screen and could act as platforms or hazards.

Croco

Smash Lord
Good idea.

You need to add Tetris to that list. Tetris blocks could fall on screen and could act as platforms or hazards.
Thanks.
I was going to add Tetris but then I realized it won't work well because of the location of the falling blocks.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
dont forget to add pokemon to that list. how could you have a gameboy without pokemon? >:O

I like this idea for a stage. especially the gameboy camera part. I hope they implement that :D

Croco

Smash Lord
dont forget to add pokemon to that list. how could you have a gameboy without pokemon? >:O

I like this idea for a stage. especially the gameboy camera part. I hope they implement that :D
ok ok.. I'll add Pokemon and Tetris.. lol
But I'm putting them under.. "Might work"
The reason I didn't have Pokemon was because it's a RPG style game. The ones I choose are side scrollers.

But I will add it. It could be possible to just show a animation in the background or something.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
Tetris:

-Tetris blocks will fall creating platforms.

-If they fall on you they'll just disappear with no damage done to you.

It would kind of be similar to the falling star blocks on both sides of the Green Green stage, the difference being the tetris blocks falling all over the place instead of in just those two places in the GG stage.

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Quite a nice idea, it would probably be much more exciting fighting on famous GBA levels than G&W. I'd love to play in a level of Super Mario land and Tetris especially.

How about if players can see the game cartridges constantly switching (By a big hand?) in and out of the slot, just to know how the level with change?

Croco

Smash Lord
Quite a nice idea, it would probably be much more exciting fighting on famous GBA levels than G&W. I'd love to play in a level of Super Mario land and Tetris especially.

How about if players can see the game cartridges constantly switching (By a big hand?) in and out of the slot, just to know how the level with change?
Nice idea. The hand idea changing the game would work well with the GBA. The screen would be large enough.. etc.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
DS stage? it could be a rotating stage and a pen that knocks people out

DragoonFenix15

Smash Apprentice
lol, I thought of this exact idea a week or so ago. Good stuff. My own picks were the Mario Lands and Kirby's Dream Lands for sure. Metroid and Kid Icarus II could work as well.

And yes, of COURSE Tetris!

I think a "widescreen" Gameboy would be required though, cause that square aspect ratio would be hell to deal with. But I'd still play the stage all the time, regardless.

Top Bottom