• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game: Create Invitational Letters for newcomers and veterans.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Imagine that the Original 12 sent out invitational letters to Melee veterans, Brawl veterans, & Smash 4 newcomers and your wanted newcomers.

Example: Wii Fit Trainer

Dear Ms. Fit,
We are inviting you to the 4th Smash Bros. Tournament for your perfect fitness. We find your ability of perfect health to be the best in this tournament of Smash Bros. We heard through the grapevine that your game has sold over one million copies. If you wish to participate, you must be present on June 11th, 2013.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Dear Ridley,
Unfortunately, your tournament request has been rejected. You have, however, been approved as a stage hazard.
Don't worry. I know how it feels.
-- Randall

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Pika pi,
Pikachuuu.
- Pikachu

P.S. Chaaaaaa

(Dear Red,
**** off.
- Pikachu

P.S. Tell Charizard he's in.)

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Dear Toon Link,

Congratulations! I have the honor of sending this message to you to let you know that you have been accepted into the 4th Smash Bros Tournament! I know, I wasn't expecting it either. Stop by Dragon Roost Island sometime and we can celebrate together.

Sincerely,
Quill

P.S. I have included a package with this letter that contain a mailbag and all the other Smash Bros invitations. Would you mind delivering the rest of the invitations to the other combatants? Thanks, you're the greatest.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Dear Link

Hyia! Shaaaa! Hip, sitc, SHAAAA!! Hya, hip hia SHRAAAAA!!!

-Master Hand

P.s. WHHHHAAAAA!!!!

Dear Skull Kid

We're sorry to inform you that your request has been rejected. You will not be in Smash 4.. but please let us know if you'd like the title of Assist Trophy. Please Understand,

-Master Hand

P.s. Remember, dropping Moons on Nintendo HQ will win you a lawsuit.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Dear Link,

I regret to inform you that, despite your strong showing in Melee, we will once again decline your request to join the new Smash Bros. tournament. We have decided to stick with your two distant descendants from alternate timelines. Better luck next time!

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4
Dear Waluigi,

Expecting a spot on the Super Smash Bros. 4 roster? TOO BAD. ASSIST TROPHY TIME (again).

-Masahiro Sakurai

P.S. *laughs*

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Dearest King Dedede,

You gotta clobbah dem dere smashers!

Sincerely,

Masahiro Sakurai.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Dear Megaman,
This is a bit awkward sending this to you, considering we were dubbed rivals, and the fact that CAPCOM doesn't care for you. I'm sorry, that happened by the way, but I think we should try to work together. Come fight me at Smash Brothers so you can have some time to get back on your feet.
Sincerely,
Mario

Morbi

Scavenger
Dear Sheik,

We didn't realize that you were the same entrant as another participant, we have heard rumors that you were male and of another race. It seems like we would be violating the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by removing you based on your gender and race. We apologize for the inconvenience, but please send us a response in addition to the response you have already sent us. I suppose we will proceed with our original intent, you are allowed to enter the Smash Brothers Tournament under different aliases.

Deepest regards, Sora Ltd.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Dear Little Mac,
I'm sorry we couldn't make you into Brawl. How did you expect us read something that someone wrote with a boxing glove on? We're sorry for the inconvenience that you were an Assist Trophy in the last tournament. Please accept our invitation to the 4th Smash Bros. Tournament.

Love,
The Original 12​

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
Dear Ganondorf,

You will be allowed to return as long as you uphold your side of the agreement. As per contract you can only fight if you don't use your sword. We have to give the other combatants a chance.

Sincerely,
Master Hand

Laniv

Smash Champion
Dear Pokemon Trainer,

You have been invited to the 4th Super Smash Bros Tournament. This time, however, some changes must be made. For starters, you don't need to bring Squirtle and Ivysaur anymore. Just bring Charizard because he's the most popular one. Now that you mention it, you don't even have to come. Just give this letter to Charizard and tell he made it on his own.

Yours,
Master Hand

P.S. Make sure to have Charizard bring Charizardite X. He'll need it.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Dear Zero Suit Samus,

Enclosed is $500 and a map to Dr. Mario's. You know what you must do.

With love,
Master Hand

P.S. We got you some high heels too. Yes, they are necessary. At least they're jet engine high heels.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Dear Shulk,

Receiving this letter has done nothing for you since you already had a vision it was coming. And I'm sure you've already had a vision of you joining our tournament. So why aren't you here yet?

- Master Hand

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Dear Zero Suit Samus,

Enclosed is $500 and a map to Dr. Mario's. You know what you must do.

With love,
Master Hand

P.S. We got you some high heels too. Yes, they are necessary. At least they're jet engine high heels.
Well damn. My idea was stolen. :laugh:

Dear Olimar,

You have been invited to re-join the Smash Brother for the next installment Super Smash Bros 4. However there are a few conditions you must meet. Due to your playstyle being called "gay" by everyone you must limit yourself to 3 Pikmin. Yes yes, I know, you rely on your Pikmin to fight and that being limited to 3 will severely hamper you, but the need of the many outweigh the need of the few. You must also draw your Pikmin in sequential order order of Red>Yellow>Blue>White>Purple so that any average Joe can use you, it's only logical. Also you must have an even worse recovery as well and requires you to get rid of your Pikmin to actually be good, please disregard any emotion you may have over this.

Sincerely,
Crazy Hand with the help from Leonard Nimoy

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
Dear Toad,

You're request has been denied. You will however receive a free pass to the inside of Peach's dress.

Cordially,
Crazy Hand

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Dear, Rosalina

Your fanbase won. Come fight in the next Smash Bros. Tournament.

Love, Master Hand

P.S. Bring a Luma

Morbi

Scavenger
Dear Villager,

I want to play a game. The rules are simple. You are to "defeat" your opponent, move on, do it again, and again until you are the last Nintendo character standing. You might have to catch them, they will not be locked in a kill room. Are you interested, do you want to play the game?

- Master Hand

P.S. Bring your ax, and bring your smile.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
Dear Luigi,

Come or don't, we already have Mario anyway.

Regards,
Master Hand

Dear Ridley,

Even we don't know if you're in.

Sincerely,
Sora Inc.

Dearest Pokemon from X or Y,

Imagine our surprise to learn that you, a Pokemon from X or Y, made it into Smash. We figured a different Pokemon from X or Y and even another different Pokemon from X or Y, but you stood out above the rest apparently. Good luck with the negative feedback.

Our best,
GameFreak

Dear Bayonetta, Goku, Spyro, Leon Kennedy and Sora,

Please stop wasting our time. You can see yourselves out.

-Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Dear Pit,

I'm happy to let you know your application to Smash has been accepted. However, we will have to redo your hair, weapon, clothes, and... well, your body. Don't worry though, by the time I'm through, the fangirls will eat you like candy.

With love,
Marth

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Dear Luma,

I want to be the first to welcome you to the newest Smash Bros tournament! When considering new entrants, you were naturally on the top of our list and we think you will bring grace, elegance and real star power to this event. (Get it? Of course you did.) We look forward to having you take your rightful place among the ranks of our gaming titans!

PS. I saw you filled in the check box to bring a "+1" with you. I assume that you are referring to the girl who is always hanging out with you. She may tag along, so long as she doesn't get in the way.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dear Nana and Popo,

We would first like to formally apologize. It appears the Condor accidentally sent your letter to the Polar Bear. Imagine our surprise when he showed up without you two! That being said, you guys are free to join us again. I do hope you receive this letter. It'd be a shame to have you miss out.

Love,
The Original 12

PS: Please try to limit your grabbing. It's not very nice.

D

Deleted member

Dear Shiek,

I have no idea why I'm even sending you this. Technically, I've already sent you an invite. Either way, welcome back to Smash Bros.

Best Regards,
Master Hand

P.S: Come up with a couple new moves too. As amusing as it is to see you Simon Belmonting with your chain, I hear it's not useful at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Dear Wario,

Go on a diet. Lay off the garlic. We hired you a personal trainer. Her name is Ms. Fit. Please take to her form of tough love.

Concerned,

Your cousins, Mario & Luigi.

P. S.: Tell your brother he's always going to be an assist trophy and he can't play with us.

And the sequel:

Dear Mario & Luigi,

Mario, you're fat as **** too so don't even, but thanks for welcoming me back.

Luigi, nobody likes you. Why are you even here? Wahahahaha.

**** off,

Wario

PS: Whatever, whatever, I do what I want.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Dearest Little Mac,

I am here now writing you this missive of cordial invitation to the fourth Super Smash Brothers Tournament, on behalf of the series host, Master Hand, as he is currently out on a walk. I couldn't begin to explain to you how that works, I just let it happen and laugh at the circumstance. But let's not tangent from the point, eh old chap? Your performance in the various boxing tourneys you have attended has been simply sublime, and we here believe that you would add a fantastic new flavor to our melting pot stew. You have exceptional skill in the art of fisticuffs and pugilism, posing a large threat to many challengers here. Though one thing you may want to keep your wits about you for is the aerial-style fighters. You know, the ones that prefer the air. You seem to lack proficiency in avian combat, and that could possibly cause your downfall. And as for my personal opinion, there would not be another character in all of Nintendo I would rather strife up with, due to both

Show me ya moves!

Captain Douglas Jay Falcon

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Dear Goku,

Get your filthy hands out of here you damn, dirty ape!

Sincerely,
Video Game Characters

Dear Roy Koopa,

Many players have been requesting us to send you an invitation. They mentioned your amazing skill with swords and fire.

Well, they almost got the Lord part right, so I assume it's you! Welcome to the game!

Sincerely,
Sakurai

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I laughed so hard I cried at some of these invitations! :joyful:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Hey, tubby!

Guess what? You're invited to the Super Smash Bros. tournament again! But there's a difference! Wanna know what?

You're gonna have to go through the super effective yet extra painful training of the one and only, Ms. Fit.

That's me! And bring your Gordos instead of your Waddle Dees. By the sound of their name, seems like they'll need mas training, too.

Adios! -Wii Fit Trainer

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Dear King Koopa,

I have heard many worries about you. Apperantly, you have a severe back problem and I take it upon myself to help you change that. We will begin one week from now. Meet me at the Wii Fit Gym. There will also a dinosaur that you hate from your childhood. Save it for the tournament.

-Ms. Fit

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Dear Dr. Mario,

We only allow one invitation, Mario. Stop filling applications.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Steadfast Guardian,

I am discernibly informed of my winsomeness and equanimity. That notwithstanding, my manifestation in the congregation of fisticuffs is quiet clamant. I beseech that you inquire for my playability so that I will proffer more to the pastime than mere succor.

Ingenuously,

-Deity of the Entirety of All Things Concerning Luminosity xoxo

And then the response:

What?

-Pit

And the final response:

I'm sorry. I'll make this easy for you. Get me in Super Bash Sisters. Grr!

-Palutena

Last edited:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Dear Chorus Men:

Okay, you HAVE to tell me who you payed to tell people you're in, this guy has a sense of humor :rotfl:
He could help me out here...

-Black Mage

KatKit

Smash Lord
*Sent to obligatory second Fire Emblem rep*

拝啓

Go sanka kudasai.

謹言

-Marth

Last edited:
Top Bottom