• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia: XL-Edition | Day 5!

JeXs

Smash Champion
I'll take a look again tomorrow since I'm super lazy now.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm not really a fan of this post. The first paragraph seems pretty superfluous. "I agree that Jexs is scum but he COULD flip town and the people on his lynch MIGHT be scum" What's the point of saying this, they either have no bearing on Jexs' scumminess or just irrelevant to the convo. It's kind of like you want to express that we should be more careful about lynching Jexs despite the fact that you really think he's scum. Feels a bit off.

i think jexs is scum, but i'm not naive enough to assume he'll flip it. i'm making note that looking at that specific point of the game tomorrow, whether that be more or someone else.

One more question Mr. Laundry; you said Orbo is scummy due to his lack of presence and commitment correct? I'm curious, how does that differ from Nabe or why did you specifically mention orbo as scummy without including nabe? Do you also find nabe scummy?
from memory, this is very typical (read: null) from nabe and not typical (read: scummy) from orbo. i don't care for this style of play but you'd be hard pressed to point to a game where nabe's proactive before d3, especially a recent one. i was thrown off when he looked like he'd be more proactive here at the start of the game, but i got my hopes up.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Example of the unfounded versus the now-better-founded?

Getting more and more intrigued as you push away from ever having said anything about Ryu.
i ain't gonna pretend like it doesn't exist, i'm just moving on from that because i don't scumread him anymore.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
i ain't gonna pretend like it doesn't exist, i'm just moving on from that because i don't scumread him anymore.

but do you understand that it looks suspicious when someone gets called out on a weird scumread, and says they'll provide reasoning for why they thought what they did, but then says they need to reread, and finally states that they no longer hold that scumread, as if that were relevant to the original callout or somehow made that scumread never have existed

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
but do you understand that it looks suspicious when someone gets called out on a weird scumread, and says they'll provide reasoning for why they thought what they did, but then says they need to reread, and finally states that they no longer hold that scumread, as if that were relevant to the original callout or somehow made that scumread never have existed
i mean, when you put it like that, yeh. i'm not gonna deny that it looks off. i just don't believe it's trying to erase the original scumread--i did have it, i felt that it held water, but then i backed off when i thought it didn't hold weight anymore. you and orbo have both kept pestering me, orbo as soon as he saw me appear in the thread again, and so i thought i'd clarify since it was something that i was asked to do. i tend to go back and reread on scumreads just to make sure i didn't miss anything in my analysis.

i ain't gonna fault people for scumreading me but i am town and i think i can prove that

Ice and Fire

Zen | Macman
i think jexs is scum, but i'm not naive enough to assume he'll flip it. i'm making note that looking at that specific point of the game tomorrow, whether that be more or someone else.
Apologies, but I don't understand what you're saying in the second sentence. With regards to the first sentence, yes I agree that it would be naive, any townie wouldn't assume that someone is 100% scum. It just felt odd that you felt the need to explicitly state that. That part of the post seemed to me that you wanted to express discontentment for a JeXs lynch while outwardly appearing to be for JeXs lynch

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
ebwop: another thing to add into that whole "acting like it never existed thing", if i was trying to act like that i would've just unvoted and said nothing, wouldn't i? how is me making another three or so posts adding onto why i unvoted and showing my thought process on my ruy read "acting like it never existed"? why would i draw so much attention to it if i wanted it to go away?

Ice and Fire

Zen | Macman
Apologies, but I don't understand what you're saying in the second sentence. With regards to the first sentence, yes I agree that it would be naive, any townie wouldn't assume that someone is 100% scum. It just felt odd that you felt the need to explicitly state that. That part of the post seemed to me that you wanted to express discontentment for a JeXs lynch while outwardly appearing to be for JeXs lynch
Ebwop:
Apologies, but I don't understand what you're saying in the second sentence. With regards to the first sentence, yes I agree that it would be naive, any townie wouldn't assume that someone is 100% scum. It just felt odd that you felt the need to explicitly state that. That part of the post seemed to me that you wanted to express discontentment for a JeXs lynch while outwardly appearing to be for JeXs lynch.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
i've got no qualms with a jexs lynch lmao

second sentence is misworded, my bad. it was me saying that i wanted that out there just in case i get lynched or die tonight (both things could potentially happen, there's mullings about people scumreading me). i think that jexs is scum but i'm only about 75% confident in this. most evidence points towards scum overextending but he could be town biting way too hard into something that isn't scummy at all (ranmaru is guilty of this at times, as am i)

JeXs

Smash Champion
How is trying to ride a strong slot's scum read then backing off when he got suspicion raised on him on the premise that he made a mistake not scummy?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
@KevinM @ Orboknown Orboknown @jdietz Do you all think it's likely that Laundry is scum?
Possible. For all he posted he didnt really say much. Admittedly its not a ton to go off of but "i see jexy hate" is his strongest thing i can remember
How is trying to ride a strong slot's scum read then backing off when he got suspicion raised on him on the premise that he made a mistake not scummy?
You're doing that thing where you tunnel onto an idea and roll woth it. Admittedlt i don't remember off hand who you thinkhe was following (laundry?) But the fact that he flipped off of it without much hassle makes me less inclined to think bw is scum

Orboknown

Smash Hero
For the record I'm gonna be out in the field for 4 days starting tomorrow without any kind of internet access till thursday afternoon/evening

Kantrip

Kantplay
personally idk

i would almost be more inclined to look at laundry if jexs flipped town. the way he casts doubt on jexs flipping scum is totally unnecessary for someone who says they support the lynch. its like he doesnt mind a jexs lynch and supports it going through but hes making it clear that he thinks jexs could flip town. gives me a bad feeling personally

if they were mates id expect something more concrete. like if youre gonna bus you should really commit to it for town points yknow? or if youre not gonna bus you either try to ignore the push or you find a reason not to go along with it. to bring up that jexs could flip town while still saying you support the lynch just doesnt fit as SvS to me

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
i mean, when you put it like that, yeh. i'm not gonna deny that it looks off. i just don't believe it's trying to erase the original scumread--i did have it, i felt that it held water, but then i backed off when i thought it didn't hold weight anymore. you and orbo have both kept pestering me, orbo as soon as he saw me appear in the thread again, and so i thought i'd clarify since it was something that i was asked to do. i tend to go back and reread on scumreads just to make sure i didn't miss anything in my analysis.

i ain't gonna fault people for scumreading me but i am town and i think i can prove that

Okay, so we're establishing in the bold that there was in fact an original analysis pre-reread, some thought process as to why Ryu was scum. This vetoes any possibility of it being gut, which is an answer I would have unhappily accepted. But it not being gut emphasizes the issue here. To my eyes, what you said when you voted Ryu doesn't parse in terms of the posts at that time.

You've talked a bit about your general mindset, which might be what other people want, but that does nothing at all for me. I'm after a very specific response, one that deals with the actual wording and situation of Ryu's first 4-5 posts that specifically triggered your scumread (my original problem) and, if you like, the specific factor (a post or posts) that changed that read afterwards, although I care much less about that.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Badwolf [2] - KevinM, JeXs
Potassium [2] - Badwolf, Red Ryu
JeXs [6] - Unvote, Dietz, Potassium, Sons of Hardbody, Ice and Fire, Gorf

Not voting: Nabe, Orboknown, Maven, Laundry

Takes 8/14 to lynch.
Deadline: last minute of Oct 30th.

:059:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
For the record from what I read last time I caught up I'm fine with this course of action. I don't think Badwolf has earned a lynch and unless someone spells it out in the last few pages I'm waiting for someone to tell me why Potassium was satan earlier.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I wasn't pushing him hard lol. I was questioning what he was doing since he was accusing potato for no reason and writing it off as gut and then accusing him of doing things that he never did.
Uhh... No. He was saying he had a gut scum lean on potato and accusing potato for things he didn't do. I was trying to see where he did that and yea, I found out that it never happened. So all it did was solidify my read on him.
I made a mistake in reading.... Hardly something to hang for.

Badwolf was accusing you of something that didn't even happen, only when I took issue with him did he realise he was wrong. This shows that he wasn't bothering to read the thread and only cared about posts that related to him. This means that he doesn't bother about people that are not him. His "gut scum" read on you is also very fake as he couldn't explain it and it happened immediately after suspicion was raised on kantrip, when he did explain though, it was untrue and he admitted that, he thought one of unvote's posts was yours, which brings us to my first point, him not bothering to read about posts not pertaining to him. He's giving off a similar vibe that Bunzy did in Sleepover.
You're taking a lot on faith here. I read a post wrong. I'm sorry, I'll try to not make mistakes but I owned up to it and when I thought that I was right I had given a legitimate reason for why. The fact that you're pushing me on a mistake even after I admitted I was wrong isn't very great.

I'm ok with Jexs dying but I'd like to get the down low on Kant first. It sounds as if I was right in scum-reading him at some point in time, but I'd like for someone who has the read to explain why they have it.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Badwolf was accusing you of something that didn't even happen, only when I took issue with him did he realise he was wrong. This shows that he wasn't bothering to read the thread and only cared about posts that related to him. This means that he doesn't bother about people that are not him. His "gut scum" read on you is also very fake as he couldn't explain it and it happened immediately after suspicion was raised on kantrip, when he did explain though, it was untrue and he admitted that, he thought one of unvote's posts was yours, which brings us to my first point, him not bothering to read about posts not pertaining to him. He's giving off a similar vibe that Bunzy did in Sleepover.
No dude, that means he was so focused on mentally finding the scum trying to quickkill him he lost details. If anything that's a Town-panic mindset. If he was scum trying to fake a case he'd have been paying much more attention.

Unvote

chaco|rajam
Random thought: Feeling Ryu town from the way he reacted to Laundry's vote

Random thought #2: Do people here get anything from the lack of interaction between BadWolf and marshy (given pre-game discussion)? I've been thinking about it but didn't conclude anything at the end; maybe someone here can elucidate something more interesting

If its not obvious, maven=/=unvote
Which head has been posting out of curiosity?
me (Rajam) all the time. Just PM'd Chaco so he sees the game already started.

I'd like you to tell now.
No. "Time will tell" is already a response and once I develop a read then maybe I'll see if it's convenient to drop it.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ditzy not even playing the game is an issue but it's also something I've come to expect he's Vig bait every game and either needs to play or pay early this game not letting the null tell kid ride to late game
You know that's actually fair. But now that I got most of the image and planning assets for BB mafia moderation taken care of I should be able to post at least a blurb every night. You can hold me to that much.

Expand on your Laundry read, ie. quote me where he's getting his flippy-floppys all wet?

Unvote

chaco|rajam
if your content is to bodyblock the badwolf shenanigans at the start then i don't buy this either
Explain how he did it? Didn't BadWolf started with like 6 votes piled up on him? Also, wouldn't this only apply if BadWolf vs Ryu were SvS (I mean why would Ryu interfere otherwise)?

Unvote

chaco|rajam
Mac is pretty busy, so it's mostly me for the moment. Therefore, that would be a negative. We most definitely should be town bros though.

I'm not sure about Orb yet, but BW is looking pretty town.

Some current Zen thoughts:

Unknown

Jdietz (???)

Scum

Potassium
Gorf
Laundry

Not Sure
JeXs
NabeUnvote [Chaco / Rajam]

Sons of Hardbody [marshy / Kary]

Town

Orboknown
Red Ryu
Maven89
Badwolf
KevinM
Ice and Fire [Mac / Zen]

Top to bottom is most scum to least scum. I realized that Unvote could just be misreading Kantrip. I think he possibly just got an early town read on him for some reason. Orbo's recent posts I like.

Kantrip is really scummy. Gorf is playing to his scum meta, as is Laundry. Laundry is also playing def > off.

Questions:

Orbo: Why did you vote Kevin earlier?
Unvote: Why did you ask Laundry why he wasn't voting Gorf?
Maven: How many games have you played so far? What were your alignments?
I think you misread me since I have never had any sort of read on Potato

Regarding the last question: Mostly RVS, but also Laundry's vote against BWolf at the very beginning felt like the classical ninja scum who joins wagons ninjaly. What do you think of my #189 btw?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
i've got no qualms with a jexs lynch lmao

second sentence is misworded, my bad. it was me saying that i wanted that out there just in case i get lynched or die tonight (both things could potentially happen, there's mullings about people scumreading me). i think that jexs is scum but i'm only about 75% confident in this. most evidence points towards scum overextending but he could be town biting way too hard into something that isn't scummy at all (ranmaru is guilty of this at times, as am i)

So you decided 2-3 mullings were enough to start hedging the lynch you wanted? That seems super counter-intuitive if you're playing from a Town mindset. I don't see why that of all things would make you want to start pointing out the ppossibilityof Jextown everyone should've already been aware of from just how mafia always works unless you're suddenly worried you're in the lead for being pinned for a Jex mislynch come tomorrow... yeah?

ebwop: another thing to add into that whole "acting like it never existed thing", if i was trying to act like that i would've just unvoted and said nothing, wouldn't i? how is me making another three or so posts adding onto why i unvoted and showing my thought process on my ruy read "acting like it never existed"? why would i draw so much attention to it if i wanted it to go away?

It's starting to feel like you have a very guilty conscience about quite a few different things.

Vote: Laundry

@KevinM @ Orboknown Orboknown @jdietz Do you all think it's likely that Laundry is scum?

Not going to lie he's been making a very convincing case for why he could be lately, especially if it turns out Jex isn't

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
PS: Kevmo I'm probably still going to want to know what you saw earlier on Laundry since this is pretty much solely off of the last two pages

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
what about potato? i can see jexs pretty clearly

strictly from memory (which might be hazy if ya know what im sayin man!)t he replies that he was giving leading up to and during that fat string of badwolf directed posts looked like he was, like, flowing on the badwolf hate wave man. it was totally NOT cool :glare:

Kantrip

Kantplay
dietz do you think jexs is town because of your laundry read, how unanimous his push has been, or something else?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
ay gorf

thoughts on jd/nabe in the event that laundry is innocent?
good question man

if laundry flips town id have a second look at dietz' approach to the wagon (the post before this) cuz like he went from 0 to 60 in a matter of a post. that was quite the weirdness ya know what im sayin?

nabe im more okay with strictly based on his direct interaction with laundry in the sense that, like, nothing particularly catches my eye man. the dudes got a pretty okay path to his scumread and, like, its understandable. but what tickles my pickle (which pertains to orbo as well) is that they started immediately making plays and calling shots as soon as laundry started talking about their lack of presence. do i see a pair of scum mates doing that? no way. but i can see a scum mate doing that, if youre catching my drift.

Top Bottom