• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia: XL-Edition | Day 5!

JeXs

Smash Champion
Uhh... No. He was saying he had a gut scum lean on potato and accusing potato for things he didn't do. I was trying to see where he did that and yea, I found out that it never happened. So all it did was solidify my read on him.

Maven89

Smash Master
wtf is this? we almost get jex to a lynch then everyone peaces out?

get your ass in this thread people! you're making marshy cry

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Wow don't like Jexs from what I read.

Badwolf Is 100% town if he is scum.

I wanna get more from laundry/Kevin/Dietz though.

Kantrip

Kantplay
jexs read development on bwolf was totally disingenuous. his defense of me rather than letting me respond to bwolf myself shows hes not interested in reading me.

bwolf realizing his mistake and conceding the point cleared up any issues i had with him and its also weird that jexs didnt take anything from that at all

agree that bwolf is town if jexs is scum

ruy and gorf are town

@ Sons of Hardbody Sons of Hardbody @ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe @ Ice and Fire Ice and Fire @ KevinM KevinM

thoughts on the other 3 people besides yourself listed above?

@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry thoughts on the jexs hardbody?

JeXs

Smash Champion
Badwolf was accusing you of something that didn't even happen, only when I took issue with him did he realise he was wrong. This shows that he wasn't bothering to read the thread and only cared about posts that related to him. This means that he doesn't bother about people that are not him. His "gut scum" read on you is also very fake as he couldn't explain it and it happened immediately after suspicion was raised on kantrip, when he did explain though, it was untrue and he admitted that, he thought one of unvote's posts was yours, which brings us to my first point, him not bothering to read about posts not pertaining to him. He's giving off a similar vibe that Bunzy did in Sleepover.

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
quick check in post had a long weekend..

Orbo slot hella grimy people shouldn't sleep on that slot

BadwolfxJexs is either two dumb townies or Jexs mafia.. Would be really surprised to see that go the other way don't know if Jexs is the play over Orbo or..

Laundry flip flops harder than the shoes I wear during the summer his slot also looking to get lynched hard

Ditzy not even playing the game is an issue but it's also something I've come to expect he's Vig bait every game and either needs to play or pay early this game not letting the null tell kid ride to late game

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
looks like zen is replacing out so y'all are stuck with me

anyways, imma read up now

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Who (when you made this post) had an acceptable ratio of presence to useful input? Specifically, anyone who had made 4 posts or less?

I'm really looking forward to this being fleshed out.
it wasn't so much the number of posts, it was more what he was talking about and responding to that made me question his slot.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Are you assuming that I'm just going to **** up no matter what? If yes, then why even play the damn game?
Lynch me now.

Expectations make perceptions.
interaction whether positive or negative is readable. ruy tried to throw the breaks on the hatetrain before any potential scummers could latch onto it or before you could give us a fairly reputable reaction.

Not entirely sure what you meant by this. Reinforcing the fact that it was a gut read was not "blabbering" however I might have gotten a little frustrated at the fact that I had to try to explain a read in which I said was based on a feeling.
i bolded the important part. it wasn't the fact it was gut, it's that you had apparently two points to support it but didn't feel like mentioning either.

you're probly town tho

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm not disliking you for having a gut read, I have no idea how you even reached that conclusion lol. I'm disliking you for not being able to explain what you don't like about potato. As said previously, even a gut read must have some sort of reasoning to it. You can't just look at someone and then say I don't like him for no reason.
you're biting way hard on this

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
He's the first one on laundry. Werekill was another game I got that mixed up lool. Why are you twisting his actions to this extent? He has voted twice. First on you, which admittedly he wasn't the first, but his second one on laundry, he IS the first one to vote laundry.
still biting way too hard on someone who is just making mistakes.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
How can I vote a guy who makes a post like thaat?
[comment about gorf flavor]
Gorf scum for sho?
[response to me commenting about gorf]
In the past sure, but what about right now?
[defense of badwolf]
[defense of badwolf]

i didn't like how he stuck on the gorf thing as if it were anything majorly significant and if it is it was completely unreadable as to which way it went. i didn't like how he immediately tried to shoot down the badwolf thing either. i've been chewed out for doing this enough.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
i don't think ruy is particularly scummy anymore. his early game discussion points were awkward to me but they eased as he got into the game more and started to react to other things. hence my previous unvote. i mostly posted the above for closure.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
i'm struggling to find much else, though, in terms of connection. sure, jexs looks like a pile of **** and i wanna lynch him but there's the potential for him to flip town and i think maven does make the correct point that scum could still be on jexs, regardless of jexs' flip, even if i disagree with his assessment of the votestring that followed jexs admitting he thought badwolf was still scummy. half the game was on jexs at that point.

orbo is individually scummy for being a background factor with no presence and no commitment to anything.
maven potentially scum if jexs is scum--his vote was on jexs initially and he did try to throw the brakes on the jexs hardbody at a ripe time to pick off jexs. don't expect that out of somebody on his second game but it's worth at least a second look.

outside of that, i have little to go off. marshy's doing the typical marshy thing, gorf is way less a factor than i imagined, kevin is doing the kevin thing, mac and zen were doing the mac and zen thing. potato's less of a factor but he's rearching right conclusions and is usually one of the first to post them. ruy's not as scummy as i thought. nabe and orbo don't exist whatsoever (and both are oddly intrigued by what i had to say about ruy's early game). badwolf's town. everyone else isn't even memorable.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
he ain't scum lmao, slot's too innocent in his affairs to be that. he made a bunch of dumb mistakes but that's not scummy, that's just him mixing stuff up. he's shown a willingness to investigate others for the sake of reading them when not being typical badwolf. he's just all over the place.

JeXs

Smash Champion
He tried to put suspicion on potato immediately after people did and for all the wrong reasons too. Then he dropped it when he realized he was wrong but isn't even trying to push unvote who should be his target since his reasoning for potato was pretty much intended for them.

Ice and Fire

Zen | Macman
**** it, I ain't letting Zen replace

I just would like to commend Sons of Hardbody for having reads similar to mine. I was a little unnerved by their reserved behavior but the jexs vote and his subsequent reads posts gives me good feelings. I agree that JD and Laundry should be disposed of as they do not seem to be contributing to our endeavor of finding scum.

Ruy, my dear friend, why does it seem like you were pretty hard pressed on defending Badwolf? And can you please share your houghts on jexs?

Jexs my I don't explicitly think he's town but I didn't get any scummy vibes from his actions, moreso just BADwolf having an crappy early read based on little information. I though his explanation was fair and that it was off that you still found him so heavily suspicious; Your overbearance on him was concerting. I get the impression that you were drawing Badwolf into an argument you knew you could win to both make Baddy look bad and to make yourself appear to be contributing. As scum in Lovers n Friends mafia, it seemed like you had a tendency to lead extended arguments that seemed to distract town, whereas in your other town appearences I feel like you make more independent contributions and don't really seek extended discussions.

Ice and Fire

Zen | Macman
i'm struggling to find much else, though, in terms of connection. sure, jexs looks like a pile of **** and i wanna lynch him but there's the potential for him to flip town and i think maven does make the correct point that scum could still be on jexs, regardless of jexs' flip, even if i disagree with his assessment of the votestring that followed jexs admitting he thought badwolf was still scummy. half the game was on jexs at that point.

orbo is individually scummy for being a background factor with no presence and no commitment to anything.
maven potentially scum if jexs is scum--his vote was on jexs initially and he did try to throw the brakes on the jexs hardbody at a ripe time to pick off jexs. don't expect that out of somebody on his second game but it's worth at least a second look.

outside of that, i have little to go off. marshy's doing the typical marshy thing, gorf is way less a factor than i imagined, kevin is doing the kevin thing, mac and zen were doing the mac and zen thing. potato's less of a factor but he's rearching right conclusions and is usually one of the first to post them. ruy's not as scummy as i thought. nabe and orbo don't exist whatsoever (and both are oddly intrigued by what i had to say about ruy's early game). badwolf's town. everyone else isn't even memorable.

I'm not really a fan of this post. The first paragraph seems pretty superfluous. "I agree that Jexs is scum but he COULD flip town and the people on his lynch MIGHT be scum" What's the point of saying this, they either have no bearing on Jexs' scumminess or just irrelevant to the convo. It's kind of like you want to express that we should be more careful about lynching Jexs despite the fact that you really think he's scum. Feels a bit off.

yea dat ***** laundry can get the noose fo sho

One more question Mr. Laundry; you said Orbo is scummy due to his lack of presence and commitment correct? I'm curious, how does that differ from Nabe or why did you specifically mention orbo as scummy without including nabe? Do you also find nabe scummy?

ayo kevin, we should def get drinks when im back in NE next week. Come to BOSTON and hang out with me n John

Orboknown

Smash Hero
He tried to put suspicion on potato immediately after people did and for all the wrong reasons too. Then he dropped it when he realized he was wrong but isn't even trying to push unvote who should be his target since his reasoning for potato was pretty much intended for them.
At the same time, badwolf came across damn honest when we pointed out the bote mixup. He dropped that completely and left his read to change which i dont see a scumwolf doing

JeXs

Smash Champion
That's also part of why I think he's scum. I think he tried to ride Zen/Mac until he realised he was gaining suspicion then dropped it immediately.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
i made a big deal about ruy's early posts, his later ones made me feel better. his targets and his discussion topics are a lot better founded. his concern over badwolf is disconcerting but at least he's consistent about it.
Example of the unfounded versus the now-better-founded?
i don't think ruy is particularly scummy anymore. his early game discussion points were awkward to me but they eased as he got into the game more and started to react to other things. hence my previous unvote. i mostly posted the above for closure.
nabe and orbo don't exist whatsoever (and both are oddly intrigued by what i had to say about ruy's early game).
Getting more and more intrigued as you push away from ever having said anything about Ryu.

Top Bottom