• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fTilt meteor smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedgehog9597

Smash Rookie
Untested as of yet, but I was watching a YouTube video, olimar vs peach, where Peach was hanging on the edge. After she lost her invincibility frames, olimar proceeded to use his fTilt. He kicked, and then landed on the very edge of the platform, meteor smashing peach to her doom! A very viable edge guarding technique, I will test it tommorrow when I have the time. Has this already been discovered? If so, I am sorry for wasting anyone's time. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: Looked at video closer, and peach let go of the edge just before the hit connected. This may have something to do with it. Here is the video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeIW9MEeNA0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It happens around 2:30.

Edit: it appears that peach was hit by the part of the hitbox that sends the opponent backwards, stage spiking her. I will test some, could still be used as an edgeguard, but it is not a meteor smash :(
:phone:

Dnyce

Smash Master
Untested as of yet, but I was watching a YouTube video, olimar vs peach, where Peach was hanging on the edge. After she lost her invincibility frames, olimar proceeded to use his fTilt. He kicked, and then landed on the very edge of the platform, meteor smashing peach to her doom! A very viable edge guarding technique, I will test it tommorrow when I have the time. Has this already been discovered? If so, I am sorry for wasting anyone's time. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: Looked at video closer, and peach let go of the edge just before the hit connected. This may have something to do with it. Here is the video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeIW9MEeNA0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It happens around 2:30.

Stage Spike... :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom