• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Friendlies, please watch and critique.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Matches recorded on the 5th of March, this is the first half of the list of matches. I will probably have the other half up Today or Thursday depending on how busy I get with my college work. I'll put the newer matches up top)

Anyways Enjoy, and thanks for those who took the time to watch and give responses.

Red Star (*)means recently added, though the match itself may not neccisarily be new.

KenJT (Marth) vs Timpoc (Falcon)- March 5th'07
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3
Match 4 *
Match 5*
Match 6 *

K.C. Cloud (Falco) vs Timpoc (Falcon) - March 5th'07
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3
Match 4*
Match 5*
Match 6*

K.C. Cloud (Falco) vs KenJT (Marth) - March 5th'07
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3
Match 4*
Match 5*
Match 6*

K.C. Cloud (Blue Falco) vs KenJT (Marth) - Jan.27th'07
Match 1
Match 2

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Just added the other half of the matches, thanks for watching Tarheeljks, I'll get him to tech chase more.

PetaNybble

Smash Cadet
falco vs falcon match 4. at 2 min you shouldn't have done a running dair, but rather do a dair while second jumping back, so if you miss, you could do it again almost immediately cuz you'll be back on the stage.

Zone

Smash Champion
Well I hope the following helps:

I noticed the marth player didn't try to space himself *Occasionally* very well when the opponent came back with invincibility. Also I didn't see him trying to F-air L-cancel into a grab much. That's very good to mix up. I noticed alot of F-air or Neutral Air L-cancel into tilts and such. but if they decide to shield sometimes the grab is too quick for them to jab or such right after they shield the first hit.

THe Falco is nice, Not sure how much I can try and help out ur falco since i'm only learning him myself.

The Falcon. I suck with falcon but I noticed a few random jabs. My friend when i'm Marth Would throw a blind Knee at me and L-cancel it into a jab. It'd get me sometimes and its very good to pop in. And if the jab connects, it can link to so many things. I also noticed he liked to ledge hog with uptilt It's very good don't get me wrong, but sometimes holding the ledge and b-air is better imo. Once you guys get good at sweet spotting it'll be hard to uptilt all the time. He's decent falcon over all. I saw a few dash attacks.

I wouldn't do these too often unless it wsa set up for the dash attack. And if he dash attacks. Most of the time you guys would shield Have him dash attack and try and do it so it ends behidn you. So you can't easily shield grab or punish him. He misses short hop sometimes, I know this cuz a few moves coulda been connected if he did so. I think most of what I said somes up with accuracy of moves. The Falcon looked like the one with the most trouble in ur group.

Also, Vs your falco does he know his options for throwing when ur low %? My friend Throws me down and I either roll right or left or stationary(Sometimes tech saves me btw) from a Forward B and from there he can Smash-Jab-Tilt w/e works best for the situation. Then as ur falco gets higher % My friend who plays captain falcon pretty well starts to throw me up (Around 70% ish?) he down tilts me pops me up then knee's and or what not. And when he throws you up or causes you to fall on the ground as falco. He can always tech chase with short-hop spike.

Hope this helps. IF you disagree with something let me know and maybe i'm wrong.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
for the record i meant that the falcon should tech chase, not the falco. he would get a grab and then after the throw he would do the raptor punch. that's unnecessary-- he should be trying to cg falco.

Zone

Smash Champion
Also add (After watchin a few extra vids)
Marth needs to work on JC grabbing when attempting to chain grab you.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Hmm, watched a few matches, noticed a few things. You almost always do double jump phantasm when recovering from the ledge. Don't know why you weren't punished for that more, it gets really predictable after awhile. LHDL and ledgehop dair should be used a bit more.

Otherwise, pretty nice Falco, although some combos could be a bit smoother. Shine -> bair is a nice continuation off a shffled dair at higher percentages and can be also used after dash attack/utilt. You can also use it when people are on a platform above you. or if they shield the shine, just JC it, dair them and go from there (or waveland or whatever).

I'll watch more later.

Haha, after watching some vids, your Falco seems to be where mine is at right about now XD. Sometimes you just shffl a dair past your opponent, then you don't do anything, or you pause, then jab/grab. Hmm, I think I know the cause of this. Try starting your aerials just a bit later, since you're starting them too early, so you either land behind them (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but you might land too far behind them), or you hit them too high and you get shieldgrabbed.

For throws, you can use uthrow into bair/nair/uair/dair or dthrow to tech-chase, instead of just fthrowing most of the time. Might want to consider using lightshield trick more often against Marth as well. Don't always sh dair (or other aerial) out of your shield, this is where shine out of shield is useful, and also leads into stuff like shine to instant bair. WDing out of shield is quite useful as well. You also tend to roll towards the middle of the stage when you get knocked down (not techroll).

Yeah, pretty much just work on chaining combos together better, since what I'm seeing is that you're pretty much just trading hits (with KenJT, at least), and Falco has the potential to take off huge chunks of life at a time, even when you manage to get one hit in. Nice Falco overall though, very nice with applying pressure.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Thanks for the feed back guys.

Hydro, those are things I am working more or less into my game play.

Shine -> Bair, I'm really inconsistant with that, You might notice it in later matches, so half the time I just Bair, though I don't think it has that 'umph' to it.

As for the recovery, I'll work on that too. I think in the later matches I used up B more because they caught on.

Thankyou Hydro, I'll work on what you pointed out.

Also, hopefully over my spring break I can get matches recorded with different people in the state.

Top Bottom