• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frederick, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

Frederick, the brave knight. First introduced in Fire Emblem: Awakening, he is part of the mounted class, but has been seen off of his horse, so it's not to weird to have a mounted unit walk around. His extremely heavy, but around Ganondorf's speed, and with good endurance and great strength.
B: Axe Toss- Frederick throws an axe forward. It travels slowly in an arc, and only goes out about a quarter of Battlefield. However, it does tons of damage and knockback if it connects.
Side B: Have at Thee!- Frederick runs forward with his arms spread out. If he connects with his opponent, he will begin to bear-hug them, dealing small amounts of damage.
Up B: Axe Spin- Frederick spins his axe in a circle very quickly for a character of his size and weight, and propels himself into the air. On the ground, he simply spins, though a bit slower than in air.
Down B: Heat Exhaustion- Suddenly, Frederick says: "Oh dear," and falls over. Anyone below him will be OHKO'ed, but he falls very slowly and is vulnerable for a few seconds after falling.
Final Smash: No idea.:p

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

That being said, while very unlikely, Frederick could be kind of cool, since the Great Knight class gets access to Swords, Axes, and Lances.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Frederick will be the next Waluigi, the king of memes. :troll:

In all seriousness, Frederick is a minor FE character and will be lucky to get a trophy even.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Frederick is awesome and OP and like most FE characters has a lot of personality,but an Awaking rep is either going to be Chrom,Lucina,Robin or even Anna. Maybe as an Assist Trophy though as he dose play a sort of important role in Awaking. (Unlike some of the children units)

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
Maybe as an Assist Trophy though as he dose play a sort of important role in Awaking.
Maybe he could pair-up with the user sort of like units can do in Awakening. Whenever you attack, he attacks in tandem and could also occasionally block attacks for you. This could open up possibilities for other minor characters from Awakening as well.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yeah, no. Chrom or Lucina(or Anna, if you consider her an FE13 rep) would be higher priority than he is, as far as FE13 characters are concerned.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Frederick will be the next Waluigi, the king of memes. :troll:

In all seriousness, Frederick is a minor FE character and will be lucky to get a trophy even.
That doesn't tend to stop anyone from supporting characters on this board. Frederick could make for an interesting trophy or something I actually wouldn't mind him as an Assist Trophy running around the stage trampling people and stabbing them with his lance.

He is for the first few chapters. He's pretty crappy after that. He's also a mounted unit, and that would never work in a fighting game. He wouldn't be able to jump.
Also this, he's really good early but he's the typical Oifey archetype of Awakening. Awakening's ability to grind and reclass makes it so he can be perfectly viable. Even if you do that though he doesn't remain the OP force he is in the first few chapters. Not that such things matter in the least in terms of Smash Bros though.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
He is for the first few chapters.
Yeah,I found myself using him in the Final Chapter....he died first turn. He would make a good assist trophy though. That makes me wonder how many assist trophies will be in SSB4.

Hong

The Strongest
I can't help but feel a lot of the people who like him are new to the series and are amused at his apparent statistical advantage. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Though he is a genuinely funny character, there is so much more to choose from if we want characters that can do more, have more popularity, more significance, etc.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Like it was said previously he is good for the first few chapters,but if there more assist trophies and one of them is related to Awaking then I can imagine Thajara,Sumia,Praim or Gangrel (Or Lucina/Chrom/Robin if not playable)

He like many other Fire Emblem characters might not appear as a assist,but instead be a sticker or trophy.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
He is for the first few chapters. He's pretty crappy after that. He's also a mounted unit, and that would never work in a fighting game. He wouldn't be able to jump.
I always thought he could jump off his horse, let it fall to it's doom, and before he lands gets a new horse. Reasonable but worth a PETA call.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Frederick is too OP.

He's immune to arrows, swords, lances, and axes, he's probably immune to hammers and fists too.

Lol but sersiously, nothing I can really use to support him. Never played an FE game.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I think he'd make a great Assist Trophy, and that would fit very well with his role in Awakening. As for playable, I don't think anyone other than the main Fire Emblem protagonists really have much of a shot. I couldn't see Frederick getting in over Chrom or some kind of Villager-style Avatar unit.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I think he'd make a great Assist Trophy, and that would fit very well with his role in Awakening. As for playable, I don't think anyone other than the main Fire Emblem protagonists really have much of a shot. I couldn't see Frederick getting in over Chrom or some kind of Villager-style Avatar unit.
The Speculator... coming to my thread... SQUEEEE!

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Here's my opinion on Frederick.
Chances:
Not appearing at all: 5%
Sticker only: 15%
Trophy only: 65%
Assist trophy: 14%
Playable: 1%
But in all honesty, Frederick is my #1 most wanted assist trophy. It could go a couple of ways:
-Remember Munchlax's pokeball? he sat still, then viciously attacked any item. Frederick could do that, only to players.
-Another pokemon he could ape is Porygon 2. Only he would wait until someone is near him.
-He could use his abilities from Brawl in the Family:troll:
But as for an original assist trophy idea, I imagine him working like this:

Immediately after being summoned, Frederick will attack the player with the most health left. (Because that is where you would send him anyway, right?) He would continue targeting this player until he disappears, even if they are Koed. (Though that may fit Sully better, given her "I'll kill you twice" phrase) If they are near him, he will chase them and attack with a silver sword, causing moderate damage but minimal knockback. If they are far away, he will draw a hand axe and toss it as a arched projectile. Finally, he will pull out a Luna, and shout "Pick a god and pray!" before dashing across the stage, doing massive damage to any player he comes in contact with. Also, as a nice nod to the character, his attacks could do less damage if he is summoned later in the match, representing his role in Awakening.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I want a Fire Emblem character with a new playstyle. An entire Fire Emblem army!
You have defiantly come to the right thread then:laugh: It's a shame that FE isn't a bigger franchise, because it could then warrant more than 2-3 reps. And there are so many unique picks to choose from!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Frederick should be borderline-OP at the start of the match, but as it goes on he gets weaker and weaker.

Donnel would be the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom