• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Skype Weekly Skype Meetings

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
well theres nair/dair on the back on shield that works on some people, you can also shield poke certain characters with nair, etc etc

but what I find works best for me is using a lot of feinting to draw out a response and punishing from there, much better then just straight up approaching with an attack.

anothing thing very similar is using 'walk spacing' sorta walk up to them to get them to throw out an attack, but then you walk back and then ftilt them, sounds kinda simple and easy, but it can be hard to apply, but when you do it right its really quite annoying for your opponent as it messes up their spacing and ftilt can be a relativly space move.
I feel when ever I dair the back of a shield the opponent can just turn around and grab me. Do I have frame advantage?

Zhamy

Smash Champion
No, but you should be able to get out, or set up jab frame traps if they're bad.

I feel like I am slowly drifting away from Fox and starting to lean towards maining Marth, because I play so much better with him and feel like I have safe moves on block.
Honestly, the campy/baiting type of Fox has never really suited your playstyle. Unfortunately, that's the most effective. I think Marth fits how you want to play a lot better. (This is going solely off of old videos of what I remember from you.)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if you time the nair right they shouldnt be able to turn around and grab you, shield grabs are really good because you dont have the added frames from dropping your shield, but they cant shield grab behind them so you should have enough time to utilt, which will punish an attempted grab (although if they shield the utilt some characters can punish that)

or sometimes what I like to do is jump over the grab or whatever and ff bair them

Kuares

Pizza
I got a few ideas I wanted to share.

Charged dash up smashes, it has to be placed around wherever the opponent is landing but it makes Fox travel a bit farther before flipping and gives me control of when to release the attack. I haven't missed an opportunity for a hit because of it so far.

Then the second is shff laser(single) at mid distance(I can't shtl yet...). I'm not so sure of this but I think it gives the advantage of keeping options open while forcing an approach.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Honestly, the campy/baiting type of Fox has never really suited your playstyle. Unfortunately, that's the most effective. I think Marth fits how you want to play a lot better. (This is going solely off of old videos of what I remember from you.)
=3 Zhamy has spoken!

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
Fox can get away with approaching sometimes maybe like 30% of the time but fox is a bait and punish char you should know this lol *at NKB

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Ok we need a consensus on when we can start. Then it will be weekly thing.

I say on Saturdays. Idk the time though.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
sorry I ignored invites to this, I was private webcam chatting with a very special girl
and we were wearing clothes

just bad timing I guess

Top Bottom