• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FOX IS A... Fox trouble I need help...

Master Peach

Smash Ace
I've been playing my brother Gost (God of Sheik) for a while now. He's completely left Sheik and has gone on to fox. It was bad enough with his Sheik, but now that he's using fox It's hell!! I have not played enough fox players to understand them completely. And on top of that HE SPAMS MOVES LIKES IT'S NOTHING. CONSTANT GRAB UAIR, FLIP KICKS, AND HE'S SHINE CRAZY!!!
I can't escape his combos!! Help me out. What should I do in these situations.

No noobish remarks please.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Spam downsmash like that and he'll just punish with falling up aerials.

CC grab works wonders. Learn how to DI the up throw and Smash DI the up aerial. Don't purposely DI into Fox combos looking to neutral air him out. It's not really worth it. Only do that to his jab. Wavedash back solves most of your problems in this match. Peach's forward air helps, so space it. DI the drill, and Smash DI the **** out of that shine. You can't avoid everything, but DI helps so much in this matchup.

If they don't tech or have trouble teching, take advantage of that with ground-level DJC strikes. Force tech rolls (or missed techs) with down tilt, down throw, and low percent back throws. Edgeguarding is key. Fox eats the @$$ like no other, so back air him to death, but also know when edgehogging is better. Use downsmash prudently--it can net you some clutch damage. Just be careful about being predictable.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Spams moves? Predict and punish.

Uair you say? DI or tap that A repeatedly after about 20%. It'll trade hits at the least.

Flip kicks(assuming it's uair) are easily avoided by reading his jump and dairing. If he's falling with uairs, then CC tech to dsmash. It also has no priority, so do something.

If shines like crazy means drillshine to usmash, you're pretty screwed, but if it has no wavedashes along with it, it shouldn't be a problem at all. Just use the umbrella if you know he's going to shinespike.

I main Fox, and those are some ways to counter him.

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
Turnip mindgames. If he begins to stand still and shine ur turnips, try this: Run towards him, thow the turnup backwards, airdodge into the ground and Dsmash. Doing this fast enough causes a CC'd Dsmash for nice dammage.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If shines like crazy means drillshine to usmash, you're pretty screwed
Wrong. If you can smash DI his shine.It will push Peach further. You have to time it. Foxes these days are shine fiends. So when you think a shine is coming get read to smash DI it. Its will really come when Fox does his D-air. If you know how to smash DI and well, his shine wont really be a problem and cant grab or up smash you. If you cant do i,. THEN thats when your screwed

Now as for your topic on help, I to have trouble with foxes, but the way I was told to play against them works, for I tried it a couple of times and it works. I just have to fight him this way more and get use to it.

Dont rush into fox. That can lead to ****. Bait fox into aerials or shines. then react fast to get the hits one. Peach is slow, so rushing or chaseing him, or running away wont help. Patients is Key here. Fox is fast and for that have many advantages on you. It may be hard at first but. best not to try to go all out on him. (unless its a person you know very well or a noob fox) Wave dash to dash dance. and watch how the fox moves. If you get shined, dont try to get a Dsmash in, cause the shine comes in too fast for you to get that in. Smash DI Learn that. you be suprised how that can screw up foxes whole game play. Not this makes the match less harder.

Ok, so now you know that his speed can be trouble. but patients and all can help reduce that trouble. Now for his attacks. Most of then you can crouch cancel to Dtilt or Dsmash. at around 30% I would Dtilt him, then combo him into a grab and chain grab him. at around 80%, Dsmash him to rack up damage. abd send him flying. you will want to rack up as much as possible before sending him out the stage.At low Damage you can Dsmash him if you want, but doing so will send him flying out of your reach thous you have to bait him into you again. When close to fox, you want to rack up as much damage as possible.His up throw, smash DI it and if you cant or miss it DI away from him. Now from this point, Fox will csae you like hell so He can get another U-throw in.Wiggle out when your stuned in the air.and if you can land cause fox is all over the play, Time Your D-air to his U-air. You do it right your D-air can stop his U-air and you can land to the stage. This Down throw, when he does it mix up your techs, like tech in place, tech to the left or right. Mix it up to thrown him off. Cause he might tech chase you. But You need to know how to time the tech when he Dthrows you, cause if you dont, You will eat a smash attack.

Well, now that you know all of this, next you need to know is how to attack a fox. FC can do wonders on his furry azz. and since he is a fast faller, you can combo him pretty easy. Fox can **** Peach. But cause of Foxes weight, He can **** him just as bad. Dtilt pwns foxes to nasty Peach combos. Use this more at low damage. Shoot, even at high damage, you can do it then ether N-air him or Up-air him for the kill. If Fox is like going crazy on the stage and want to slow him down when attacking you. Jab him, that jab stops him dead. Jab one then grab or Dsmash him. And if Times Dtilt as well. F-air does great when connected. Wavedash back to a FC and F-air him. Space the move so You are not to close to get grabbed or attack if you miss or he blocks it. N-air out of the shield or FC-Niar or back air out of the shield works great too. Attack out the shield alot and dont roll too much. Remember Fox is speedy.Dont pick up turnips when your in range with fox. Or too much, even at a slight far distance, he can catch you in time to grab or attack you.Only when the time is right grab a turnip. Mix your Dash and grabs. Dont always dash, cause remember this. Most People that play Peach, when Peach runs to them what id most likely expected? A dash attack. and in most cases Peaches do dash attack alot. So mix up the grabs and Dash attack to throw you enemy off. Use Use FC techs fast when in rage with for if you plan to use it at all. Cause FC can leave you open to attacks. Best not to do it too far away and leave yourself open for an attack. The right FC can pwn his azz.You can also grab fox when he tries to drill shine you. But you have to time it. Once he drills you time it right and you can grab him out the shield before the shine comes in. Also out the shield. U-B out if it at times if possible for a quick escape if you need breathing space. Its pretty fast. And breaks through almost anything when done out the shield.

I doubt I need to explain how to edge guard him cause one he is out the stage, its **** time.
If he U-B when trying to return (I love this kill so much) In the middle of it before he is set into flame, hit him with a turnip, its stops him head on and he falls to his Death. B-air him when he does his U-B. But be careful, bad timing , he can go throw it and hit you. Or you both will take each others hits.Foxes now these Days love to F-B to the stage, so time it right and FC to a F/N/ or B-air him to his doom. Also times Fsmashes on him and even up smashes can get him pretty good for the kill. But thats another story. Fox fox is too scared to try to land in the stage, he will try to sweetspot the edge. with timing you can FC D-air to N-air and send his azz out again. Or grab the edge and get back up on the stage moment the move is about to connect. Dsmash works well too. But its all about timing. Also while he Does his U-B, You can FC to him and hit him with an aerial attack before he is set into flames and moves toward the stage. but you can also get burned when he is still in place cause of the flames around him and can but you in danger. and one more lil trick I love to do. But needs timing as well. When fox U-B to the stage, once his is in flames and is coming towards the stage, if you can tell which direction he is going. get over him and FC D -air to N-air. I have been messing this up lately but can work well with the right timing. is being flashy I guess. but if you can do it right. It can do justice in your game play (well I think so anyway)

Well thats all I have as advice to help you with your fox problem. if you have anymore problems. I'll be more then glad to help. Im starting to learn this match up my self and trying to see ways I can handle foxes on different levels and such. hope this helped you. Good luck in your fox battles and own that furry animal.

One more thing I forgot to add. If your getting comboed pretty back and lose your coll. Your giving fox the advantage to beat you even easier. thus player get tick off and rush into fox. and a smart one will abuse you for it. always play the way you was when you were doing just fine. You mis a few DI's and DI smashes and get K.O for it, dont lose your cool for nothing. I tend to do this alot and T get beat worst then I was a minute ago, thus lose my cool or get mad and then get owned. Im trying to get off this habit, cause habits like this are not good and Fox, falco, Shiek and Marths. From start to finish, Play like you always do. your better off that way and still have a chance to come back and own his azz. Just a lil tip from expereence and what I see alot.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
- Bair beats Fox's Nair (his main rush move)
- if he starts to spotdodge your dash atks/grabs, go for dash cancelled downsmash
- his deadliest weapon is SHDL camping... don't leave no openings!

Speed is a big issue here... be sure to give yourself a few electric shocks to boost up your reflexes a bit before the match

IMPORTANT EDIT: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=48396

search is your friend buddy

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
My best opponent switched mains, now he plays as Fox instead of Sheik, and I'm in serious problems. It works like this:

- Fox uses laser, a lot
- Peach floats in mid air
- Fox jumps and eventually some laser shots hit Peach
- Peach tries to Fair/Nair/Bair Fox
- Fox uses shield and grabs Peach instantly
- Fox eventually hits a vicious Usmash for a quick win

Please, help my poor little Peach, this is getting annoying.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Read my advice I gave to Master Peach and follow/work on it. also patients is key in this type of fight

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
A useful tool for a camping fox, is to hold a turnip and dash dance around. It makes it extremely hard for him to predict when and if you'll actually use the turnip, so it will make it very tough for him to camp you like he normally might.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
A useful tool for a camping fox, is to hold a turnip and dash dance around. It makes it extremely hard for him to predict when and if you'll actually use the turnip, so it will make it very tough for him to camp you like he normally might.
If a peach does that to me then I'll just run away and RSHDL and start spamming from afar

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
I use my jabs a lot in this match up because it ruins Fox's approach and just chaingrab.
just be sure once you have him off the stage get as much free hits as you can.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Thanks for the mini-guide, Dark.Pch, it was really helpful, I was able to beat my friend today ^_^

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
a usmash is fine too.

abuse peach's freaking priority. fox can't hit you if your moves will always win.

great priority: dair, turnips, fair, dsmash, bair, the later duration of nair
ridiculously awesome priority: usmash, nair

many foxes camp and run circles around peach, it's pointless as long as you gimp them to death when they get hit.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Thx Dark Peach and everyone else who posted. I'm strating to make better improvement against my brother. ^^ But one more thing What should I do if he Spams the grapple on me?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well If you know that he is gonna try to grab you run to him and wave dash back. or when he comes to you wave dash back to a Dsmash or any other attack you wish to punish him. or side step. But watch him closely. He may try to fake you out and bait you to attack, then grab you. Other than that watch him and when you feel a grab is coming, wave dash back and punish him with a attack.9Dsmash would be best or grab him and chain grab his azz)

Top Bottom