• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fountain of Dreams... really Sheiks best stage?

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
^^Topic^^

i heard somewhere that Fountains of Dreams is Sheiks best stage. so why is that? i would really like to know.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
They say it is because Sheik loves the platforms with needle spam and such.

I'm not a giant platform user, though I'm working on it.

Personally, my best (and favorite) stage is Battlefield, partly because everyone else hates it, partly because I have no problem with the edge (while other characters certainly do), and partly because I like its platforms the best.

soap

Smash Hero
definitely one of my favorite stages, sheik can really move on that stage, low platforms are amazing for speeding up your aerial game and needles, small, so you can get them off the edge and edgeguard which is one of sheiks biggest strengths. My counterpick of choice for all fastfallers

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
It allows you to do more intricate things with needles and wave/land dashing.For example reverse platform dash into unloading all your needles into someones face or needle canceled aerials after platform dashing is cool too.Plus if you do an aerial at the very edge of a platform you slip off and can do another aerial straight away.It's very handy with b airs.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Fountain of Dreams is also really good for Sheik because of the space off the stage. If you get knocked off the stage and don't die of the side, you can make it back to the ledge almost everytime. The ledge itself is a wall you can walljump->fair off of for really fun edgeguarding. However, my favorite stage is Dreamland. FoD is a little bit cramped for me against Marths, Falcos, Foxes, and sometimes Peaches. Dreamland is a better size to me because of how spread out it is. It does give a little advantage to Jigglypuff, Peach, and Samus more than FoD, but I like it against Marth because you can't get fsmash tippered through the lower platforms like on most stages. FoD, BF, and DL are my favorite stages. I hate FD. Unless of course I'm playing against Sheik, Ganon, or Link (chainthrow ftw!).

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Fod is a good level for the things mentioned but some stages are better vs certain characters. :p

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
thanks guys. now one thing i would like to know is, can anyone give me a list of which stage is best to fight certain characters on as Sheik? if it's already on the site somewhere than can i get a link? thanks.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I pretty much never go outside the random neutral stages, but...

Fox: I'll always go to Dreamland because of the high ceiling. Tons of space on this level, which is better for me than it is him. DK 64 is also a good stage vs Fox because it has a gigantic ceiling, and it's harder for Fox to waveshine you with the dips in the level (this is a minor advantage, though).

Marth: Dreamland and Battlefield, simply because they're two of my favorite stages. The only stage I hate playing Marth on is Fountain of Dreams, so any stage is fine for me.

Peach: Ban Mute City all the time, and then I'll pick Yoshi's Story and / or Battlefield. This is one of the few times I hate playing on Dreamland for obvious reasons.

Captain Falcon: It's whatever. Falcon players would probably consider Dreamland their favorite stage because of all the room, but I don't mind going there either. I've never been affected by level no matter the Falcon I've played.

Falco: One of the few times I like Fountain of Dreams, and if I like FoD here vs Falco, I'm sure this must be every Sheik's favorite stage when they play him. Besides FoD, I love Dreamland and Yoshi's Story vs him. FD isn't as impossible as people make it sound, but it's obviously last on your list.

Better players can help you more specifically, though. Take it FWIW

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I pretty much never go outside the random neutral stages, but...

Fox: I'll always go to Dreamland because of the high ceiling. Tons of space on this level, which is better for me than it is him. DK 64 is also a good stage vs Fox because it has a gigantic ceiling, and it's harder for Fox to waveshine you with the dips in the level (this is a minor advantage, though).

Marth: Dreamland and Battlefield, simply because they're two of my favorite stages. The only stage I hate playing Marth on is Fountain of Dreams, so any stage is fine for me.

Peach: Ban Mute City all the time, and then I'll pick Yoshi's Story and / or Battlefield. This is one of the few times I hate playing on Dreamland for obvious reasons.

Captain Falcon: It's whatever. Falcon players would probably consider Dreamland their favorite stage because of all the room, but I don't mind going there either. I've never been affected by level no matter the Falcon I've played.

Falco: One of the few times I like Fountain of Dreams, and if I like FoD here vs Falco, I'm sure this must be every Sheik's favorite stage when they play him. Besides FoD, I love Dreamland and Yoshi's Story vs him. FD isn't as impossible as people make it sound, but it's obviously last on your list.

Better players can help you more specifically, though. Take it FWIW
ugh, i really disagree. Fox is good against sheik on dreamland because the platforms are perfect for uair chaining, as well as the fact he can run around and laser and has tons of room to move. The same applies for dk 64, and u dont want to play that level AT ALL with sheik, because sweetspotting from below the stage doesn't really work.

Although i like battlefield, you do NOT want to play Marth on battlefield. Battlefield is tipperland for Marth vs sheik. Dreamland is good against Marth though.

Against Peach, Dreamland is a decent counterpick along with BF. Although she lives on dreamland, she can't ***** turnips because they won't reach the top platform. Yoshis is small, and peach can ***** turnips everywhere.

rawr

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I respectfully disagree, although I realize a lot of stage preferences are personal. If you simply play better at such and such stage vs such and such character, stage advantage for characters doesn't make a big deal.

Ares726

Smash Ace
I think both Plairnkk and NeighborhoodP offer up good points.

Fox: You don't really want to go to Dreamland because of the uair chains. You never really want to go to DK64 because you're Sheik, those ledges **** you hard. I like Battlefield against the spaces animals because it's ledges **** them like DK64 does to Sheik. Battlefield stops them from coming up the underside of the stage and it's got a decent height. I ban Final Destination against Fox because of waveshine and tons of space for that thing to work with.

Marth: Stay away from small stages and low platforms. Also, stages that move horizontally (like Rainbow Cruise and parts of Poke Floats) are good for Marth because the stage brings you into tipper range. I like to take Marth to Dreamland or Final Destination. I ban Yoshi's Story against Marth because of the crazy tippers.

Peach: I agree with banning Mute City. That one's kind of a given. But like Plairnkk said, Dreamland and Battlefield are both good stages against Peach. I ban Yoshi's Story against Peach because of ridiculous turnip spam.

Falco: You don't really want to go to Final Destination against Falco unless you've got mad powershielding skills, and can avoid combos like a beast. I don't really like Fountain of Dreams against Falco. I like Pokemon Stadium and Battlefield against Falcos. Pokemon Stadium isn't all that great against Falco on the stage, but the edges are a lot like Battlefield's. I ban Final Destination against Falco because of the SHL and all that space.

ShackDaddy: Yea, Green Greens is a fun stage against anybody (as is Jungle Japes).

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Turnip spamming shouldn't give Sheik any trouble on any stage(except maybe FD).They are extremely easy to catch and use against her.I kinda like FoD against Marth,it's good for Sheik too but an unlucky tipper near the edge can finish you on 40+(even with decent DI)
DK64 isin't than bad either.There are alot of plaforms to work with and the barrell is easier to get into with Sheik/Zelda than most other characters because their up b is more elongated(timewise) than most others.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I've never had problems with turnip spam on Yoshi's Story, and I've played the best Peaches So Cal has to offer.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
play doll.

=.=

but turnip spam isnt so much the issue as the effectiveness of the turnips.

But whatever, to each his own

D

Deleted member

I don't like DL 64 as sheik, she can't KO well till 140 and her recovery gets abused much more.

Battlefield is great though.

Doll

Smash Journeyman
play doll.

=.=

but turnip spam isnt so much the issue as the effectiveness of the turnips.

But whatever, to each his own
>>;; <<;; >:D Muwahahhaa I'm spying on you Plairnkk~ Lalala

:3 Yea Plairnkk is right, yoshi is pretty good for peach against sheik, but it's not in her favor at all. Any stage with 3 or any platforms is good for sheik.

Stages that sheik should really be worrying about against peach are just.. hmm Mute city + FD.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
i personally hate Battlefield for Sheik. i dont really know why though. maybe its because i have a harder time sweetspotting the edge with her up B than i do on other levels. but i dont know. i much rather play BF than FD tho.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
good stuff guys....i like all of the different perspectives on the stage advantages...when i play in tournaments...i really dont pay attention to the stages im picking...i just pick ones dat i like..i think i will start actually trying to counterpick stages so dat i get an advantage...peace

-hiroshi
worst fl smasher

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
It allows you to do more intricate things with needles and wave/land dashing.For example reverse platform dash into unloading all your needles into someones face or needle canceled aerials after platform dashing is cool too.Plus if you do an aerial at the very edge of a platform you slip off and can do another aerial straight away.It's very handy with b airs.
i'm new to smash, but i'm trying to learn and utilize everything possible about Sheik. so can you tell me what "Needle Canceling" is? is it when you charge the needles and press R or L and store them?

AThirdParty

Smash Apprentice
Well, lots of people play Sheik just to gay Marth over, so I would suggest FD over FoD. Why would u want to give the Marth platforms to escape ur gay f-tilt/d-throw/etc. gayness?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i'm new to smash, but i'm trying to learn and utilize everything possible about Sheik. so can you tell me what "Needle Canceling" is? is it when you charge the needles and press R or L and store them?
It's when you use your needles before you hit the ground, so that the animation of the needles becomes cancelled when you DO hit the ground. For example, charge your needles in the air, and before you hit the ground, shoot them. As soon as you hit the ground, even if you're in the needle animation, you can just dash out of it and grab or whatever.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Well, lots of people play Sheik just to gay Marth over, so I would suggest FD over FoD. Why would u want to give the Marth platforms to escape ur gay f-tilt/d-throw/etc. gayness?
Fd is good for marth against sheik because one marth can catch sheik out of her jump, its done. whereas on other levels sheik can get to platforms. Sheik can combo marth anywhere regardless.

brickman

Smash Lord
I find that most Sheiks agree that FoD is the stage of choice. With platforms you can wd across into a ff fair and great angles for needles, it is a Sheik's dream. Not to mention, it is a pretty ****ing cool stage visually.

Top Bottom