• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Glory 1v1 Usage Statistics

Jaycee_023

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5215-0852-1547
Hey y'all. A week ago I decided to see what characters were used to most on FG 1v1. And so, for a week, I kept track of every character I ran into. Because I stay fighting some opponents for more matches than others, it wouldn't make sense to log how many matches I fought per character, only how many people I saw using that character. So essentially, what the numbers on this list mean is "this is the number of people that have used this character in a week."

Interesting note- I didn't run into a single Greninja, Pit, or Zelda the entire week!

As you're about to see, the data is skewed by the fact that I began this activity the day after the DLC characters were released. For that reason, I have included a pie chart that separates the characters into a few groups.

Roy- 28

Lucas- 22

Captain Falcon- 19

Ryu- 15

Little Mac- 14

Link- 13

Sonic- 10

Lucina, Mario, Mega Man- 7

Ness, Pikachu, Shulk, Yoshi- 6

Dark Pit, Falco, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Marth, Rosalina, Sheik- 5

Charizard, Kirby, Mewtwo, Wario- 4

Dr. Mario, Ike, King Dedede, Peach, Zero Suit Samus- 3

Bowser Jr. (and alts), Lucario, Pac-Man, Samus, Toon Link- 2

Bowser, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Duck Hunt, Fox, Luigi, Meta Knight, Mr. Game & Watch, Olimar, Palutena, R.O.B., Robin, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer- 1

Greninja, Pit, Zelda- 0

So there we go, folks. It's confirmed: 1v1 is the land of always-dashgrabbing Falcons, smashing and rolling Macs, and projectile spamming Links.

salaboB

Smash Champion
That's pretty close to what I've been seeing, except Sonic and ZSS need to switch places for my list.

(Edit: Also, I did not record it, so nice work there -- I think data like this is very interesting! I just know I've seen way more ZSS and only one Sonic lately :p)

Last edited:

WhiteLion

Smash Cadet
Personally, I see a ton of Ness' so I'd bump him up a little. Everything else is pretty accurate. Awesome Job!

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
This sounds like an interesting experiment to try out! I think I'll do one of my own... I might also divide the results up by whether the person I fought overused or underused certain tactics or techniques, taunted or "teabagged" whenever they got a KO, was laggy, etc.

As for the results themselves...
Lucas- 22
Not surprising in the slightest. XD The DLC hype is still far from over, especially for our overrated boy. I find it funny (and also unsurprising) that Ryu is the lowest, though. Darned inputs!

Lucina, Mario, Mega Man- 7
I'm shocked Mega Man is on par with Mario. I personally see Mario WAY more often than I do Mega Man, and from others' experiences, it seems Mega Man is also rare for them.

Dr. Mario, Ike, King Dedede, Peach, Zero Suit Samus- 3
My main is used as often as Zero Suit Samus!? My inner hipster simply cannot allow this. XD

Did you count multiple matches with one person that used the same character more than once as separate results?

Last edited:

Jaycee_023

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5215-0852-1547
My main IS Zero Suit Samus. :) I was disappointed to see so little of her.

I did not include multiple matches with the same person as the same character. However if an opponent used multiple characters, I did mark them all, only once per character.

Lustful_Kaiser

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kaiserine
3DS FC
3282-3064-4273
Its hard to come across a zero suit samus player online since I mainly see Captain Falcon, Mario, Ness or so in for glory for the most part. Another one I rarely see is Wii Fit Trainer even though he/she is a good fighter too.

Top Bottom