• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Float-cancelled BAir

botulismnator

Smash Cadet
What is the purpose of the double jump in the float-cancelled bair? Does this make the attack easier to do quickly?

I know mikael from Japan uses it alot, and I am wondering what the purpose is. It doesn't look like he is doing anything special, but by listening the the sound effects, he is deffinately jumping, using his second jump to float, then using bair. I understand auto hovering but this tactic goes beyond that.

Confused and relutctant to work on a tactic i dont understand. Any ideas?

Please Help

Edit: I realize that this is related to another thread on the page, but I still dont understand the purpose of the move. Please help.

darkatma

Smash Hero
spacing. basically, if you djc your bairs, you can jump forward and bair back very quickly. It's quite useful for avoiding marth's fsmash, or other laggy moves, because you can just move around it. Better than float canceling against marth. Just make sure you l cancel

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
It helps spacing and it makes you move faster. You are using the momentum from the second jump to move Peach quicker. It also makes it WAY touhehr to track her movements. This is one of the staples of my peach personally :) It's also IMO the quickest way to turn peach around if you want a fast edgehog.

Darkatma you mis understood his post. He isn't refering to double jump canceled back airs, but rather, double jumping and then immediately when you do the second jump, float, and then from there you do a float canceled back air.

Top Bottom