• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia: Game Over. Who won?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 3.1

frozenmarsh751
Gorf
Kary
Rid****ulous
Nicholas1024
Gheb_01
Dabuz
Nabe:
Kary
Fandangox: Gorf, Frozenmarsh751

Not voting:
Dabuz, Fandangox, Nabe, Gheb, Ridicck, Nicholas1024

Notes:

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 3 is May 4th, at 11:59 PM

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vote: @ Fandangox Fandangox

My question on what makes my play scummy wasn't rhetorical. I would like to hear an answer. If you think I'm scummy why do you not vote me and why do you say you'd vig Nabe? Saying that you would've lynched Ryu's slot yourself doesn't mean anything. Just because you admit that your slot looks bad doesn't mean you should get credit for it.

:059:

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
This post from Dabuz feels legitimate, so to speak. I like his analysis here, and I agree that J-scum gives a bit of town-cred to Kary. The analysis as a whole also makes me feel a bit better about Dabuz's slot, since I think scum at this point needs to throw suspicion onto anyone possible.

With that in mind, I think Fand is probably the best bet for a lynch today.

(Apologies for a short post here, I'm about to leave for a tourney.)

Vote: Fand

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Jakestan read thoughts

43 "Doesn't sit right with me" on Kary's whole early game stuff, throwing dislike to Kary but just a little.
-A bit of a safe play by implying a scumlean but not directly saying it and the only reason I bring this up is to watch for a pattern of safe plays. Don't recall seeing more thoughts on Kary from Jake.

123 "I don't like that" Commenting on Soup's lack of comfort now that he is being voted
-At first this looks safe, but i'd say this actually accomplishes some pressure on Honk.

130 Not a personal fan of Jakestan explaining his vote is a pressure vote since that ruins the pressure.

Sidenote: J's 134 looks like J trying to latch onto Jakestan while getting at Soup. As a scumteam, this kind of latching wouldn't be necessary and makes me want to put Jake into the town pile. As scum it's such a perfect play for J to find a townie, ride their coattails for pressure, and try to be "invisible" to the slot they are buddying, doing the same to a scum just ends up looking awkward and I didn't see Jake's posts being awkward, he just asnwered a couple questions for J and ignored him otherwise.

144 "I wouldn't be interested in joining a Gorf wagon any time soon, i'd like Nicholas to better explain why his vote is on Gorf"
-Solid stance but open mind depending on what Nich says, looks genuine to me.

148 Not related to Jakestan but Nich pressures J here and votes him which makes me feel better about town reading Nich.

174 Garg notes a null on Jake
-Garg's thoughts on Jake look odd though, since Garg makes an effort to keep Jake as a null/ nulltown when rid*** is putting the pressure on Garg. As scum I would thinking that would be a good time for Garg to express a dislike of Jake because that's what town was doing. This is actually pretty notable.

226 "I feel like J's initial response to my post #130 could be trying to buddy , but that isn't always a scum tell. According to Honk, J is buddy buddy every game, as scum or town. I feel J's posts have been pro town imo"
-Huh, town reading J (or at least sees J as acting pro town), thinks J's buddying is null though cause meta. The "pro town" on J for the vague reason of a few posts looks strange IMO, could see a Jakestan + J scumteam now.

265 Stance on Soup scum, fair reasoning.

335 + 336 Not related to Jake, these are FM posts with a little bit of pressure on J and reasoning to why he's scum + a vote, good to see.

At this point Jakestan replaced out, Nabe has replaced in and purposefully has 0 content.

Nabe is still in my lynch pool because of Nabe not playing and Jakestan having some weird connections to Garg + J, not sure if I still want him first because I have to read the other nulls.

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
Would honestly be ok killing Nabe on principle, if nothing else. Somebody showing that there's actual reason to be suspicious of him is like a tiny cherry on top.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Jakestan read thoughts

Nabe is still in my lynch pool because of Nabe not playing and Jakestan having some weird connections to Garg + J, not sure if I still want him first because I have to read the other nulls.
Is there some sort of sparkling insight in this post that I'm missing? I feel like you're playing professor catch-up and it doesn't even go anywhere. Who do you want to lynch?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Vote: @ Fandangox Fandangox

My question on what makes my play scummy wasn't rhetorical. I would like to hear an answer. If you think I'm scummy why do you not vote me and why do you say you'd vig Nabe? Saying that you would've lynched Ryu's slot yourself doesn't mean anything. Just because you admit that your slot looks bad doesn't mean you should get credit for it.

Okay what the ****.

First of all you asked me that question, I just answered it honestly, what did you want me to do, lie? I didn't expect any credit or anything. You asked a question and I answered.

Second I am obviously not voting neither of my scum reads cause I am not confident enough that my reads are right, I haven't had time to dig up yours and nich's post to find connections. Also I said it was scummy cause you tunneled a slot and then pretty much didn't much else to help advance town, you just went with the flow of the thead from what I recall.

I'd vig nabe cause the slot has 0 content at all, I wouldn't vig Nich or you cause there's the chance that I am wrong and would be getting rid of a then useful slot, as opposed to nabe who has done nothing.

@ Nicholas1024 Nicholas1024 Why are you voting me? If recall correctly you actually thought Ruy's behavior wasn't indicative of scum, but just inactive town ruy, what prompted the change, my play? your re-read? You said that you agreed there was scum between me and dabuz, but haven't even said why. At least the other slots have been scumreading ruy so their votes make sense.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@ Nicholas1024 Nicholas1024 Why are you voting me? If recall correctly you actually thought Ruy's behavior wasn't indicative of scum, but just inactive town ruy, what prompted the change, my play? your re-read? You said that you agreed there was scum between me and dabuz, but haven't even said why. At least the other slots have been scumreading ruy so their votes make sense.
As far as agreeing there being scum between you/dabuz/nabe, that's simply a process of elimination. The other slots in this game (aside from Kary, who I'm taking away due to interactions with J) have been more or less obv-town.

As I mentioned, Dabuz is definitely making attempts to analyze the game, and his thought process has seemed legitimate, so he's not a priority ATM.

Nabe right now is a complete unknown, and I'd be perfectly happy with lynching him as well.

As for you, Red Ryu's play was marked by asking a lot of questions that seemed like scum hunting without following up on them. That can either be taken as his scum-meta, or as just him not having the time/effort to follow up on said questions before he replaced out.

And then we have your play. Your #807 is a pretty good summary of what I haven't liked about your slot, to be honest. Unlike the other slots mentioned, the case against you isn't really of inactivity. Rather, it's that your contribution seems to be less than legitimate.

For instance, you claim Dabuz is scummy due to "how he reacted to Fromarsh dodging his question." His reaction wasn't the most helpful thing ever, but it's classic frustrated town, and something I've been liable to do myself at times.

You claim I'm scummy despite really liking my D1 play because... you don't recall what else I've done? While simultaneously claiming Nabe is completely null for not doing anything.

And of course, there's your scum read on Gheb, which is basically for pushing Honk-town early D1, and "being a background player".

In short, when I look at your post and go through your reasoning, it seems less like legitimate scum-reads, and more like you're trying to throw suspicion on slots that aren't you/Nabe/Kary. And considering that scum needs a ton of mislynches in a row to win right now, that's a strategy that would make perfect sense for the remaining mafia. Combine that with Red Ryu's shaky play D1, and I'm most interested in your lynch today.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Early page 2 RR is asking random questions for the sake of questioning, pretty much RR meta to me, however 55 stands out.

"I don't like the ignore part but as long as Kary gives done stances there at some point it's fine."
-Don't like RR forcing a slot like Kary to have stances 55 posts into the thread (so maybe like 20 into the actual game).

Rest of PG. 2 is RR being his normal null asking every question under the sun self.

I'm looking at how you act and how it might relate to and Badwolf later.
"In case you or BW flip i'm setting up a read on that 3 pages into the game", red flag.

Rest of PG. 3 is RR just thought vomiting and continuing to ask all the questions possible.

-Gap with nothing significant or telling from RR-

Post 309
I don't like his read at all nor the timing of it either.

What do you think of Jake then?
This was in response to rid*** hating on J for his read on Jakestan. RR agrees with Rid*** about not liking J's Jakestan read BUT uses this to turn attention to Jakestan, in the context of post 171 it seems strange RR would try and turn attention to Jakestan.

J JS's play doesn't warrant a town read right now.

He should be null at best. I'm kind of confused what you saw that warrants the reaction you gave earlier?

What he is doing with Soup? That really isn't a strict town tell.
See what I mean, RR thinks AT BEST Jake is null, which implies he might not even have enough content to read, considering Jake didn't have many posts between RR's 171 and 309, I wonder what makes RR want to get an opinion on Jake over maybe supporting and working with Rid*** towards reading J?

I read ahead and saw people were calling this bad.

He has a point. Jake is playing very safe this day phase. I kind of see whee people got the impression but calling this just an OMGUS vote is pretty ****ty.
RR quotes a huge wall by Honk that explains a scumread on Jakestan. Let me just remind everyone that Jakestan has barely had any relevant posts since RR's 171, so now RR doesn't like how safe Jakestan is being? Especially after 338 (collapsed below) where Jake actually commits to a few different reads, asks what I consider a decent question for a low content slot, and well, isn't really safe at all. Now I do admit this is just RR parroting Honk's case which came before 338, but that by itself is kind of an issue since I feel like townRR would have a bit more to say. However this post seems like more of a way to defend Honk than anything else, which is well, not scummy considering we have Honk's flip. Dislike but not massive dislike of this.

lol frozen how the **** am I supposed to ****ing follow that **** "**** this and **** that too" is what your post is

@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary
Reading Gheb as town right now; the slot seems legit

@J
A rid**** / Honk scum team? I think it's way too early in the game to suspect scum buddies... on what basis do you think they're likely scum buddies?

Not too sure how I feel about rid**** tho his pushing on Garg feels like grasping and i'm more interested in seeing what he has to say about other players

reading Garg and Kary both town right now
Hey look, it's J pushing RR. ( # 483 )
The combination of these posts so close together puts me at pause. Ruy skips the RVS and goes straight into seriousness with his vote and questions Gorf's NL vote. Gorf asks what he expects to get out of the NL questioning and Ruy just backs out saying that he is trying to get RVS rolling, but instead of dropping it continues to push it as serious. The tone of these posts seem off to me and also forced as trying to generate discussion to seem towny. Everyone was focusing on the Kary situation at the time and this pretty much got left in the dust.

*Hind-sight J*

What I should have done instead of talk about Kary: Push this avenue more.
This comes right after
-J putting RR as null in 443
-J admitting in 477 that she lost the debate (in response to July's wall in 469).

Huh, there is also 484 where J continues to push RR, and in 485 J votes RR.

486 RR creates a moderate sized post in response to J's push, ok I guess, let's look at the interaction.

[
The combination of these posts so close together puts me at pause. Ruy skips the RVS and goes straight into seriousness with his vote and questions Gorf's NL vote. Gorf asks what he expects to get out of the NL questioning and Ruy just backs out saying that he is trying to get RVS rolling, but instead of dropping it continues to push it as serious. The tone of these posts seem off to me and also forced as trying to generate discussion to seem towny. Everyone was focusing on the Kary situation at the time and this pretty much got left in the dust.

*Hind-sight J*

What I should have done instead of talk about Kary: Push this avenue more.
Pg. 3

Looking at this post from Honk. I actually am finding myself really agreeing to the logic found in here. Mainly the fact of Ruy or Kary being scum. The thing that stops me on Kary is the fact that Kary is very weird for me and I have trouble pinpointing him every game we play. So far from re-reading D1, this is the post I like the most. Gorf was justified in what he was saying regardless of alignment, but I still have a gut hard-on town-read on his slot. (biases from actually being further in the game) Still the fact that IR comes in and says that this slot does not have a "single" post that doesn't rub him the wrong way is not sitting well with me.

Bolded I really do not like this. Ruy is not looking for scum actions, but anti-town/unhelpful reasons as to why to lynch people (namely Gorf in this situation). Why is he making it a point to look for anti-town/unhelpful>scummy for D1? Policies like this annoy me because it's just like lynching an inactive D1 and people hiding behind that to garner a lynch.

Garg literally was just a hop-on vote after Gheb/Gorf voted. -points for Garg.

*side-bar*

Soups' antagonising of Gheb is still horrible regardless of alignment. It was just uncouth and childish. Even if he don't like how someone plays in a game, at least show common courtesy.
Unvote
Vote: Red Ryu

For now, I am still reading, but that's where I want my vote while I continue looking at things.
J, I gotta go to bed now and I mean this @ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪ as well.

I get why you guys are looking at me, stop and look at why I did what I did, this is something Soup for some odd reason refuses to address me on and I keep asking him to look at me in the face on this.

Are my questions well founded and valid at that point. No ****ing way they are, they are ****ing useless at this point.

My intent was not to make an incriminating case and say haha caught you scum.

My intent was to jump start town and get the game going, not to blend and pose bogus questions to hide myself. I don't give a **** if you guys have a problem with me there, because you guys are not looking at it at all right.

I'm was never trying to fake ****.

I got a PM/Melee/Brawl/Cactaur Pancake tournament tomorrow so I'm going to bed.

I never tried to force **** like this and I am sick of a a uselss ok to vig slot like Gorf saying I am scummy without giving a damn reason why and trying to keep his head as low as possible. Honk who I am damn sure is town at this point and people jumped on Soup for ****ty reasons and J who I am more likely to side with being scum right now. J's initial town read of JS really did rub me the wrong way, but I wasn't sure which way to lean on it since J will do this but the timing on a reread doesn't look right at all.

I'm waiting on Nabe at this point, This is really were if I decide to vote on J or not. idk if J is town or not but I am damn sure a town read on Jake as no where near anyways close to warranted this game.
The thing that keeps me is that you keep saying Gorf is an "okay to vig slot" but why? I see no indication of this ever being this case or where he would be this game, or even if we were to go outside this game he isn't in the category of that.
Hey Nabe, I know your busy but I do want your input from as little as you have read, if not skimmed.

I still want your slot dead, but I wanna see more into your head here and you are here now.

Can you be a bro to me and help me out?
Seriously read what he has done this game, if he tried to push someone outside of semi Honk he explained it, though briefly, why he wanted the slot dead. He hasn't tried to advance town, hint why I voted him first and chose him to start the game off.

Voting No Lynch doesn't do town ****.

You''re not trying to advance town, you're not trying to make anything happen. So he was doing it for ****s and giggles, or he is scum. That is why I chose him he did something that has a clear town or scum situation.

Past that he has done more, I'll give him that. But overall I can't really pass him at best of null at worst scum-lean. He's not actively trying to get **** done he's here putting his vote where he pleases without accountability.

I'm just as guilty for not putting a vote down, I freely admit this. Though I will saw with full ATE mode on, I've been practicing Smash and working on school. I've been trying to get good at Melee and Brawl more than ever on limited sleep and a lot of school work shoved at me. I get why people have been looking at me, I don't blame them at all.

Looking here though, Gorf though. He has been here, but when he has been here what has he done? It's more blank than people than people really should remember. He really has not done a whole lot and that worries me.
If I may, Kary is not a bad lynch. He has kind of disappeared during the time the pressure began to mount up on me and Garg and hide in the background to inactivity land. He still has a lot to answer regarding slots questioning him and his early D1 play is sketch as hell upon re-read.
Ya know, I kind of care about the Kary slot, but of the lynches possible I see him as a bad option.

Why him atm?

I do see reasons to dislike him but I see him being more valuable and also not really that scummy.
Gorfdammit Ruy.

Stop. I seriously want to have a scum-read on someone, but emotion ****s me up beyond believe and I like your honesty in your last post. I will adamantly disagree with you on Gorf not doing anything, but the rest of your reasoning makes sense from your perspective. I just simply disagree with you that voting NL = reasons for lynching. It feels like you are tunneling on the slot with that as your main proponent and trying to throw things that stick to Gorf being scum. Do you still feel Gorf is scum to you?
Ok I am seriously going back to V/LA status.

Bye.
Just one last thing, please.

GorfScum, y/n? Further explanation can wait till you come back.
Responding to this first.

No it is not a reason to lynch, it is a reason to investigate. You get me here?

I'm not saying Gorf auto scum, I used it to jump start the game with no real leads and get stuff going. But since then he has not made me feel good about how he has played this game, he is not my immediate scum pick, I wants Jake's slot more than anyone's right now, if not yours, but ugg. Outside of Jake I'm not as sure. He was the only slot I felt like was not doing anything but appeasement and laying to the crowd while doing nothing in return.

Back to Gorf, yes I think he is scummy right now I an trying to weigh in on him Garg and you right now. As it stands, there are a lot of players I feel like are doing nothing on the sidelines, Gorf Garg JS, players who are throwing out reads for reasons I got no clue, J Gorf IR JS, and reads that I feel like are purposelu trying not to step on anyones toes, JS Kary.

As it stands I got a pool but right now I am trying to decipher it and figure it out, I'm going to bed for reals now.

See ya and have a good weekend.

:lucario:

Then J flips to scum reading JS pretty much out of nowhere.

Hate this post by JS. He is using just over-generalized "scum-tells" that could be thrown at anyone. Also the more I like Honk, the more I dislike IR.
I must have been on crack for town-reading this slot and putting him in the back of my mind. His justifications for reads are horrendous. "This slot seems legit" = town-read? Garg and Kary are both town? How and what makes you feel this *mainly about Kary*?
However, this is all J has to say on Jakestan, looks like trying to appeal to a majority of town null reading or disliking Jakestan because there is no follow up from this, or maybe it's even just to detract from J vs. RR.

With a game like this? Yes. There are things to look at through the active players and as who could possibly be those "scummy actives"? I would say I am leaning IR. Gorf I am beginning to have my eye on just because he is really the middle-man in every argument so far with going back and forth and saying that he is okay with a lot of things. (Honk/Garg/Myself) I hate to bite the hand that has been helping me a bit (but backstabbing me at the same time), but it's really troubling me the more I see the exact same thing every time he posts.

Since I am caught-up now, I can post *with this post as segway* to what I am feeling right now:

Would not lynch toDay:
1. frozenmarsh751 (frozenflame751/marshy)
2. July (I feel July is town, but her reads are terrible this game, imo. I feel she is 2/3 wrong on her scum-read possibilites *well I know 1/3 but technicalities*)
5. ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪ (-Masquerain-/soup) *Strongest town-read after re-read*
11. Gargaglione
6. Rid****ulous (PJB/Orbo)

Nulls that I am not 100% sold on either way:
3. Gorf
7. Nicholas1024
10. BadWolf28738(he literally only has one post...)

Would lynch:
4. Kary
8. Gheb_01
12. Nabe jakestan
13. Red Ruy(still not vibing well but out of this category, last on my lynch-list after full re-read.)

Unvote

Going to think where my vote should go. I doubt I would be able to swing 1/2 of these so it seems I am mainly coming down to which one of Kary/Nabe would be my preferred lynch toDay.
The entirety of Page 13 WRT J I think is very telling. What I find extremely concerning is that J and RR had a bit of a back and forth where J is pressuring RR and RR makes a small push to counter J's push, then is goes to a back and forth where both sides have reasons to dislike the other, more so J disliking RR, but J then drops his scumread and vote on RR like that to instead pressure Jakestan/ Nabe. EZPZ RR is no longer a top target for J instead J wants either Kary, Gheb, or Nabe/ Jakestan. If J was distancing at any point this game, going hard on RR then dropping his RR suspicion was definitely distancing. A also noticed at the end of one of RR's rebuttals he tries to throw pressure onto Gorf. In that same post he expresses a dislike of J but does not choose to push J, for all the random questioning/ pressuring RR has done, not pushing J after expressing a dislike of what J is doing it out of place. With J's new direction in context and RR choosing to not go after J, 100% this looks like distancing, or J just realized his push was bad and RR misplayed by not trying to push it harder, but Occam's razor leas me to think it's distancing.

I am going to head out for now. (mainly because it's 3am lol)

I have a final question though:

@July : Enough of the walls. Let's talk. 1 on 1. Help me, help you read me as town. You are wrong that I am scum and feel you are more reading the fact that I have been playing terrible this game. If you could not get me, would you be willing to hop onto a Kary/JS wagon? Talk to me on what you would do if you got my town-flip and I flip town? Where are you looking now? Consider the possibility of being wrong on me and what it does for the rest of your reads.
Now she's pushing towards a Kary or JS wagon.

Nothing else important to note until Fando replaces in RR's slot.

Little push on J, considering the tide of the game (J was basically super dead at this point), I see this as null.

I am caught up.

Not gonna make a large post. From reading I agree with everyone on J being scum, I do not believe that Doc claim, it reminds me a lot of Dabuz's Cop claim at the end of D1 in F&L2, just stinks of self preservation. It especially doesn't make sense considering J was just ready to give up:

This doc claim came out of nowhere and I just don't buy it.

Could you point out these things please? Fromarsh didn't post much, and that big post he made where he called out everyone actually read very townie to me, but I'd still would like to see what you gotta say about the slot.
Also since @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf had doubts.

In retrospect I think this is because Soup already had July as clear since they were Mason partners, so that's probably where that "bias" came from.

Note how July also tried to ask people to rethink the Honk wagon and also had Soup in her not to lynch list.

Also @ Nicholas1024 Nicholas1024 What are your reads at the moment?
Some more of Fando's content posts, completely null IMO.

Fando's 807 where he pushes Nich and IR seems weird to me just because, Nich in particular is a weird slot to push at this stage of the game, especially over Nabe who he puts as null. I would looooove @ Fandangox Fandangox to go into those reads a bit more because they don't look like reads with a townie effort, they look like him trying to push some slots for the sake of getting town to look elsewhere.

So yeah, i'll actually put Fando as who I think is most likely to be scum. The interaction with J and RR is extremely awkward to me, and Fando's posting doesn't make me feel good about the slot. R also had some questionable play but that's more a cherry on top compared to the entirety of J vs. RR.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 3.2

frozenmarsh751
Gorf
Kary
Rid****ulous
Nicholas1024
Gheb_01
Dabuz
Nabe:
Kary
Fandangox: Gorf, Frozenmarsh751, Gheb, Nicholas1024

Not voting:
Dabuz, Fandangox, Nabe, Ridicck

Notes:

**= V/LA

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Willing to lynch Nabe just on principle.

Though I kind of doubt that Fanny will be able to post something redeeming anymore.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
FINAL Votecount 3.3

frozenmarsh751
Gorf
Kary
Rid****ulous
Nicholas1024
Gheb_01
Dabuz
Nabe:
Kary
Fandangox: Gorf, Frozenmarsh751, Gheb, Nicholas1024, Nabe

Not voting:
Dabuz, Fandangox, Ridicck

Notes:

**= V/LA

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
FandangoX has been lynched!

He was a Vanilla Townie.

It is now Night 3. Send in night actions by May 1st, 11:59PM.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nicholas1024, Vanilla Townie, has been killed during the night!

It is now Day 4. Deadline is May 12th, at 11:59PM.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 4.0

frozenmarsh751
Gorf
Kary
Rid****ulous
Gheb_01
Dabuz
Nabe