• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia: Game Over. Who won?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Oh look you posted a catch-up post as a list with your general reads that all happen to be generally accepted opinions?

then you quote my list and type

Oh wowee, yea, you're right, that list blows. it's totally nothing like your list, you know a catch-up post with generally accepted opinions.
I could easily accuse you for faking content on the same basis you're accusing me on.

You're jumping on the wagon to lynch me and posting things PBJ has noted before extensively. Nothing in your wall post has not been said before. At least I gave a different reason for jumping on Honk (I thought his play was OMGUS)

It's easy to say **** like this when you've sidelined the whole time and haven't stepped on anyones toes except Honk in the b

I mighta missed it cause I was gone for a while but why again do you think Gorf's scum?

This post is

This is safe, at least have enough conviction to lay down a vote.
Honk's latest posts have been pretty useless, especially #604, where he might as well have posted "I have a thought on Garg but not really"
EBWOP: @ Inglorious Retards Inglorious Retards please ignore my quote towards you, that was before I had finished reading everything

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
starting to understand why people were scumreading garg now lol

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Hey Garg get @ the thread and let us know where your head is at, it may be the only thing that saves you, so spill please.

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
WOW

lets finish em off and tomorrow we focus on the other disgusting ****** we have runnin around

vote garg
fos j
fos ruy

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
gheb gorf and soupll do it

in the meantime j feel free to explain the progression from "go ahead and lynch me cuz ill be a distraction to town" to "im going to claim my role then we lynch elsewhere"

July

Smash Apprentice
Just stopping in to say that I'm still very happy with my vote where it is for toDay. I'll stop in later tonight, but right now I don't have time to comment on the recent going ons, and honestly not much has happened anyways except Garg reinforcing my read on him with his latest posts and renewed interest in J.

@Gheb_01 : The clarification of RR's interactions with Gorf from early game bumps up my good vibes from his play so far, but honestly I feel pretty comfortable with both him and Gorf for now, although I find their interactions lately interesting; I'd like to see if and how they precede.

#HBC | ѕoup

Deadline tomorrow? I can roll with this now.

Vote: Garg

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I think that's hammer. Anyway, I really apologize about playing so badly, everyone. I have been swamped with real life stuff and I admittedly haven't had much time and energy to fully commit to this game but I tried to continue because I believe anything's better than replacing out.
Pleasure playing with you guys though.

#HBC | Gorf

@ rid****ulous rid****ulous where are you guys looking now? I really ONLY remember your content revolving around Garg, which leaves me wondering. Assume Garg is flipping scum cuz I doubt he'd have self hammered if he wasn't.

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
We're working on figuring out ryu, J and Nabe. Fromarsh we're setting to the side for now and we might take a look towards gheb. Im not particularly sure wjat joker will peek at on a scumflip outside of that

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
FINAL Votecount 1.14

frozenmarsh751
July
Gorf
Kary:
J
Honk:
Rid****ulous
Nicholas1024
Gheb_01:
Badwolf
J: Kary, Gheb
BadWolf*
Gargaglione: Rid****ulous, Nicholas1024, July, FrozenMarsh751, Honk, Gorf, Gargalione
Nabe: Red Ryu
Red Ruy*

Not voting:
Nabe

Notes:
Badwolf will be replaced.

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 13 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is April 16th, at 11:59 PM

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gargalione was lynched!

He was a Mafia Goon.

It is Night 1. Send in night actions by April 18th, 11:59PM.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
July, Town Mason, has been killed during the night!

Fandogox Replaces Red Ryu.
Dabuz replaces Badwolf.

It is now Day 2. Deadline is April 27th at 11:59pm. (Sorry for being two hours late, was playing smash)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 2.0

frozenmarsh751
Gorf
Kary
Soup
Rid****ulous
Nicholas1024
Gheb_01
J
Dabuz

Nabe
Fandangox

Not voting:
Frozenmarsh751, Gorf, Kary, Soup, Riddickulous, Nichollas1024, Gheb, J, Dabuz, Nabe, Fandangox

Important Links:
Game Links and Vote Counts

Notes:

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 2 is April 27th, at 11:59 PM

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

Damnit. Alright, I'm carrying the helm of July dying last night. J is scum. I am July's mason partner. There's no reason for me to not out this information right now as I hold no benefit of trying to out-guess scum.

Vote: J

I will be corroborating what me and July were talking about during the night phase, followed by somewhat of a case on J, if needed.

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
Heyo Soup, how's it hanging?

To be fair to him, I have had a constant streak of games in which I gather too much attention and inevitably get lynched because of it. Whether it my fault or peoples' own thoughts of me depends on the game. Take for instance, Simpson's. Granted I don't think we should give people a pass on D1, even if it does include myself. I don't think it's scummy as much as anti-town.

Ryu is jumpy.... He must be on some kinda meds or something.

Gorf's town.

Ryu's questions were aggressively stupid. I can understand why Gorf would shut them down.

This was kinda out of the blue. I thought you were cool with them. What changed?

I don't like Garg, but I also don't like Joey/Soup.

I'm liking J so far.

Page 7

:applejack:
am i the only who thinks this post is scummy as **** btw?

#HBC | Gorf

vote j

I honestly think it's shallow in a null way. Like, isn't that his only post? Maybe I should look at it when it's not 4 am but I remember em just being ****in dry.

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad everyone else is already on the same page, but I typed up this post in the QT during the night, and I'll be damned if I don't post it.

Why J is Scummy, and other stuff he did

We all kind of know this already, but let's go over it again real quick for anyone who forgot.

He established a pretty out of the blue townread on Jakestan, and paraded him around as the towniest of all towns in his #134. Seemed like he was reaching a little hard to establish an early townread, and make friends with the dgames newbie. Read my #256 or July's #257 if you want more words about it.

Declares a dislike of Kary in his #136. J flipping scum would make me think maybe Kary doesn't need to die.

Nich and I each jump on the J wagon at different points, and jump off to give him the benefit of the doubt after he tries to explain himself. He disappeared for awhile, probably for legitimate reasons. While he was gone, July votes him at #376.

J comes back, and attacks the **** out of July for having her vote on him. He makes a catchup, where he declares that my case on Garg has many valid points, and declares definite suspicion of Garg in his #443.

J and July get into a wall battle on p.12. July's #469 basically summarizes everything really well, including a mention of how J's scumread on Garg reads like a bus.

After July hammers him into the ground, he flips his playstyle around so he can "be more protown". This results in a "reread" of the thread, and a lot of read changes. This includes a sudden townread of Garg, in #507. He has just turned the attitude against himself around, and suddenly he starts redirecting our attention away from Garg, and towards Kary. We now know, of course, that Garg was scum. THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART. We now have evidence that J was, in fact, working in direct opposition to town's best interests. He was only willing to lynch Garg when he thought he needed to save himself.

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
It could be. If it was from any other person, I'd be more inclined to agree, but since it's BW I'm not sure. The fact that he "likes J so far" is entirely because he thinks J is nice. That's how BW reads people, all you have to do is be nice to everyone and he'll townread you. Same deal for Gorf.

Hmmm... I'll look into this a bit more closely.

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
it looks like the people he was "suspicious of" were just people who were getting pressured at the time. That could be telling in that maybe he was looking for a wagon to hop, but again, it's BW. I think he's just very easily influenced. If he was still in the game, or if he was at all active while he was in the game, we could press him about it, but trying to press fandangox about it is a waste of time.

Hey @Fandangox ! Would be awesome to hear what ya have to say about the game! Like, a pro as **** catchup post would be swell.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
HEY GUYS, IT'S EVERYONE'S FAVORITE (ALTHOUGH NOT AT ALL) PLAYER!!!!!! Still figuring out what to make of everything that happened from pages 11 onward...because I skimmed the first 10 pages, but i'd like to start off this day in a fun way.

Seriously, this guy and shouldn't live past toDay.

-443 Not reading that HUMONGOUS wall, someone TL;DR that for me. The point seems to be J is voting July and FOSing GArg
--Note skipping Garg to focus on July
-464 this turn around in tone when responding to Soup is Odd, J just ignroed all rebuttals to ask Soup his direction if J flips town...why ask Soup that?
--J doesn't follow up on this IIRC
-477 Give up post? Basically states her scum read on July was WRONG and wouldn't mind getting lynched to help lead town in the right direction? THat doesn't make sense for town to do, it's a nice AtE for scum though.
-483 Brings up some early RR play to show RR being scummy yet based on J's summary RR would be towny for doing what he did, and "appear to be townie", yet there's no reason what RR would be doign would be just "appearing to be townie" over actually townie.
--484 I feel like the read on RR is completely twisted in meaning and the little nudge towards Garg's wagon hop while skipping over him to vote RR in the next postis really slimy. What was bad about IR saying Honk doesn't have a single post IR that doesn't rub him the wrong way?
-493 Kary push which was also weak (came after FM's push on KAry)
-495 Pushing RR on his early Gorf pressure and calling that pressure scummy? Like really, I don't see scum RR in what's presented and I need to see if J gets anything from asking RR if he reads Gorf as scum.
-501 No solid scum reads, some solid town reads. Red flaaaaaaaag.
-503 Didn't J LIKE jakestan before? Why bring up a dislike now? Ummm, question
-506 Moving onto Gorf null after what rid**** said? J is trying to crowd please this game.
-507 Town reading Garg thinking he's newb town...umm...UMMM
--Super red flag because Garg flipped scum.
-508 What's with the sudden interest on Jakestan? Especially since IIRC the slot called for a replacement by this point? Why is J (at least implied) scum reading the slot now? Very slimy.
-512 Not getting exactly why J dislikes IR? I saw some questions in 510 but nothing that really screams to me as telling.
-513 basically asking July to stop tunneling J?
--Note July was killed despite not being the most obvtown of slots...possible way for scum J to silence her biggest pusher
-526 Kary wagon hop
-544 WHY DOES KARY'S FLIP HELP SOLIDIFY A READ ON FM?!
-545 Armchair critic and calling Gorf vs. RR SvT BUT without saying who is who or saying why.
--Sets up a mislynch, doesn't have to commit to a read and overall doesn't look like scum hunting.
-551 These questions just aren't that...good, thoughtful, doesn't look like J is really trying to read and scum hunt
-554 What's J getting out of this? I swear it looks like questioning stuff for the sake of it.
--I'm not reading the next few posts on these pages cause it looks like the same **** and i'm sure Gorf won't mind telling me what's wrong about J's posts
later on.
-605 Pushing Kary lynch

If anyone wants elaboration on any of these points about how J is scummy please ask because I just copy pasted my notes and cleaned them up a little.

Null on FM, he has some weak pushes and stances, not much else. @ frozenmarsh751 frozenmarsh751 What are your reads? Why did you bring up that one BW post toDay instead of, IDK, near the time he posted it?

Townlean on Gorf, he's been doing stuff this game and it's an easy to follow trail. The only thing that btohers me is that Gorf seemed a little jumpy D1 in that he wentfrom defending Garg (as a null at the time) to trying to connect Garg on a scum flip to Gheb town. He also never had any stroooong stances but his pushes are still good and I can't see him on the same scum team as Garg so townlean. @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf Are you familiar with RR's meta?

Kary doesn't have enough content from page 11 onward to make a read. I will say that her opening about avoiding easy to ML players like BW and Soup while not good play, looks like townie intent because basically Kary wants to focus on looking for actual scummy play and not just weaker players playing poorly. As scum it doesn't make sense to limitthe pools of mislynches unless her scum partner is in there (which is a possibility, but less likely with only 1 scum left if Kary is scum). @ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary , have any of the players in your original pool of easy to ML become scum reads to you?

I was going to FOS Soup but then he claimed mason so he's townie unless someone CCs him. IIRC masons are confirmed townies, correct?

Rid*** was the first and hardest pusher of Garg, he'd have to be bussing Garg hardcore to be scum with him, so he's pretty much confirmed town in my book.

Nich helped push the Garg wagon with a case before the Garg wagon had a strong following, townpoints because of that but there isn't much else to say about the slot. @Nich Any thoughts
now that we have 2 flips?

@Gheb You voted Kary in 520, why did you drop that vote later on?

@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe gives thoughts on this game, any thoughts really.

RR's slot is null to me because his play has been complete RR meta to me (brash questions early on that only serve to get out of RVS but do it poorly, silly pushes, logic that doesn't make full sense), if it were anyone else I'd probably agree with the scumreads but eh, RR meta is RR meta. Fandango is replacing this slot I think? Would love to seeFandango's full read list.

"Oh ****, Dabuz replaced in BW's slot? Well now I gotta find a reason to dislike this slot by looking at BW's one post decently far back into D1" No but like really, why bring that post up now instead of IDK, around the time it was posted?

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
Reread tells me Gorf is cleared via Ryu reading him as scum.
Reread tells me PJB is town via him putting Garg on blast big time yesterDay.
Soup is town via his claim unless somebody CCs him.

J dies toDay, that much is certain.

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 2.1

frozenmarsh751
Gorf
Kary
Soup
Rid****ulous