• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia: Game Over. Who won?

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
iight ****** so i reevaluated this ****in game and i dont want to lynch karebear today. her early game was questionable but on a reread i think i jumped the gun and that j is the likelier scumbag in the j/karebear dichotomy ive been rollin around in my mind. karebear does some weird and pointless **** early in the game but eh thats kind of her mo and she always catches flak for that ****. something that interests me is her consistency with believing that j/riddick holds a scumbag. there IS something telling in that observation that i cant wrangle right at this moment but feel will prove productive in the future

ive reconvinced myself that j can die. his play has improved after we dogpiled him but thats null in itself. the buddying and just whack as **** play overall that im not gonna waste everyones time rehashing for the millionth time stick with me as i look back on this ****in dayphase. he DOES have some interesting conclusions as of late that give me pause (i agree with him that there is something of value between gorf and ruy) cuz they lend themselves to the same wavelength i usually have with him as town but with deadline nearing im finna say too little too late and hes good at working me (no hetero) as scum. something that interests me is how j in 443 he foses garg but then after we wagon him he flip flops the read to a gut town in 507. im having difficulty rationalizing why hed do that **** as gargs scumbuddy (im rolling this **** around my mind for now) but yeah i wanted to point that out for ****** cuz i remember july mentioning a garg/j team but that latter post seems TOO blatant and lacks the subtlety i usually see that scum do. i remember the last time i played with jscum he just bussed his mates and i kinda think hed just do the same here

**** jake and **** anyone who vouched for him to join this. nabe please play the game or i will be making things ugly and not fun for anyone in this thread. if you want to open yourself up to questions or have some kind of idea on how to get involved then im listening but i REALLY dont feel like doin the **** ive done to you in skies/tranquility again

ruy bothers me just cuz ive been thinking theres scum between gorf/ruy (not super confident about that tho) and gorf hasnt posted the stupid **** that ruy has been insistent on doing. the only thing ive liked from ruy this game was his push on j/jakestan tho i can easily see him being a partner of the former

garg isnt my first choice but im not going to cockblock the wagon

right now im lookin at

j / nabe
ruy
who the **** knows past that

vig kills bwolf/nabe no questions asked tonight barring some serious effort. im not tolerating this worthless bull****. want to know why theres as much confusion and difficulty in ascertaining reads as there is this game? its cuz the players are divided into 2 extremes between ****** hurlin themselves hardbody at ******* (honk v ir/everyone vs j/ruy vs gorf/pb+j vs garg) lending itself to town goin in a million directions while the other is worthless sidelining mother****ers like bwolf/jake ****ing everyone over by having a competition to be the most worthless slot as humanly possible. im droppin my vote on j and only moving it should he claim mason/vig or if we need me to hammah a ***** at deadline. frozen also has some thoughts but ima leave that to him

vote j

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Kary's instant flop onto J feels less of a partner trying to bus his mate rather than a possible scumlord looking for someone else to take the heat. That isn't to say that J isn't worth voting for to be honest, but the way it went down makes me believe that either one of them were looking for a scapegoat. It doesn't look planned or a bus, but I don't really like either of them right now.

#HBC | ѕoup

That being said, you have my support on J once I figure this out myself, I still feel J's change in attitude and his call to defeat was peculiar, and I feel as if that notion itself is what makes all the difference to me, because it doesn't feel natural.

#HBC | ѕoup

I haven't fully bothered with Garg, I was of the opinion that he was a slow thinker and I wasn't as concerned with him taking things to a snails pace, and I never really bothered with his vote on me because it just didn't seem like a priority. I was of the mindset Garg was just doing his thing, and there were bigger fish to fry. Admittingly, I'm typing all of this with just mostly skimming, but I wanted to at least get something out there.

I'll try and fully read the thread later. I don't know where Joey is but he said he was going to read and get a post out.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Since deadline is in 3 days and if I see the wagon on me get more steam again for the 3rd time: I will claim this time around.

Then we will lynch Kary.

I will say something you, @marshy : Your main premise for wanting to lynch me is buddying. Than it itself is a bad reason to lynch me and even moreso lynch me on D1 of all days. I would be more willing to accept this reasoning if it was even D2 but D1 you cannot fault me for buddying of a new slot. I'm warning you again, back off.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You even dislike JS. Like how does my buddying a slot you think is scum = Jscum. Get the **** outta here.

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
i havent liked MOST of your play before you were wagoned. some of your reads (july/garg) flipped completely while i also wasnt sure what you meant when you suggested a honk/riddick team. also i meant to insinuate in my last post that i believed there was scum between you/kary/nabe. im havin difficulty pinpointing here

tho id be lying if i said i cared much between which of you/kary go today. i HATED how kary just disappeared as soon as your wagon and gargs wagon took off and it took him way too long (few days before deadline) to really commit to pushing through any lynches

i dunno. **** both of yall. im open to arguments as to which is the better choice here

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Unvote

Aight here we go. Got my e cig and I'm ready to go motha ****in HAM.

Btw I noticed that m

Even if this is RVS

What does this vote do for you?
Best

Would you look at them if they were scummy or are you just going to ignore them all together?
intro

Vote: Gorf
EVER.

Like, can this analysis just ****in list this guy's posts? THEY ****ING SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES HOW IS ANYBODY TOWN READING THIS SLOT?!

Over connecting yourself to other players?
Oh, Badwolf slipped scum?! Who is a likely mate then?
Wanna join me on Gorf?
Getting people out of RvS and getting this rolling.

Why vote No lynch?

Why did Garg change votes?

How legit is Gheb being and is something fruitful gonna happen there?

Let's get rolling.
Let's just observe what Ruy wants to ****ing talk about for one second. This is the beginning of the game, page 2 in fact, and the things roaming around Ruy's head are

-my NL vote
-Kary's intro being okay if he reads the people he gave a pass to or some bull****
-******* finding a slip of BWolf and wanting em to give us his mates
-Garg changing his vote from me to Gheb after finding out I was V/LA

And how does he handle all that? Well the answers are in the quotes now aren't they? Really my scumread on Ruy speaks for itself.

**** it. I'm not going to explain this read on Ruy, I was totally 100% right in my 565 and my 566. Look there if you want explanation, I'll just literally go ahead and quote him a lot for you guys since apparently we wanna be lazy when we already possibly have four replacements.

I'm looking at how you act and how it might relate to and Badwolf later.
The hell?

Where do you see me acting like this and what exactly stuck out as this being definitive?

You should care about Gorf, if he plays deliberately anti-town/unhelpful he is a great D1 lynch. Don't care if it matches his meta.
What would you define as classic scum Ryu?

We were scum twice in the minis together and I've been with you in a lot of games.

And does this relate to why you dislike Honk?
But why take him up in it?

Also I am adorable :fox:

I don't even think Garg is playing the ****in game man.

what is up, guys?

vote: gorf
Why do you say that?
What's V/LA?
Ah alright

Unvote: Gorf

Vote: Gheb
Because Gorf is absent so we're not gonna be getting reactions outta him or anything
He's apparently not though, since he's been posting, so I might just vote back

Vote: Gorf
It took him six posts to say "Hi guys I exist! Look at me, I'm posting!"

I think it's a tad too early to confidently formulate any strong leans yet.

Gorf being Gorf is null and means nothing to me. Ruy has little content (as does everyone so far) and he seems to be just trying to get things started, as does Kary.
True, but I think we should wait for more content to make such strong claims, and I think their actions so far were genuinely null apart from being early action.
A lot of people in this stage of the game get anxious and want to get things a-moving, and that's just what I see their actions as right now.
"Hi guys! Still exist over here, just thought I'd say nothing that really matter at all in two posts. Don't mind me!"

Honk is Masquerain/Soup, right?
Naw, I feel you. I just think we should wait a tad more, as there is littler content and there are people who haven't even posted yet.
"I insist that EVERYTHING is null, trust me guys, nothing deserves a comment at all."

Vote: Honk
"Gorf voted Honk, so I'm gonna go alongside em! I hope I gain his trust!

I got to ****in page 3 and I realized I REALLY don't feel the need to reread. Ruy Garg and J are my scum reads, and I'll go as far as to say that they may even all be scum together. I would rather lynch either Ruy or Garg solely based on the fact that they're to be replaced out (the latter may not, but who knows?), but I don't see myself not tunneling these slots for the rest of the game unless something drastic happens or someone I'm town reading finds a gem of some sort. If someone that I give a **** about tells me to go further on something for the sake of reading me go ahead and request it but yea. Stances.

#HBC | Gorf

EBWOP

I don't know what that 2nd line is doing there, maybe I was typing it up and the draft saved on it or something? Who knows.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Since deadline is in 3 days and if I see the wagon on me get more steam again for the 3rd time: I will claim this time around.

Then we will lynch Kary.
So I take it rather than try to respond to my posts, you're going to pull a magical claim out of thin air to try and squeeze your survival?

Nevermind that a page ago you were crying 'lynch me' with nary a mention of anything worth claiming.

Now I think about it, did you even answer my question from nigh on a week ago? Can you even say who's scum?

The only reason you're pushing me is because it's the easiest thing going. Like **** am I going to let you get away with that ****.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Man, I can feel myself tunneling again, like I really need this lynch to move forward. The rest of the playerlist is a crapshoot to me right now compared to this.

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
agreed with karebears 613. i really want the j flip andll prolly tunnel him til one of us dies

gorf bruh you can be axel while we toast walrus in the whip man

#HBC | ѕoup

Nothin like a fresh hotbox to start the day man :)!
yea man i feel you yea 420 :)

@J, Is there anybody besides Ruy, Garg and Kary that you feel would be of mention to look at? Where does your scum-team lie at the moment?

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm gonna be doing a lot of quoting. I know I'm not posting on my Hydra but I don't have a single clue where Joey is. @-Masquerain-, if you're too busy, may I just replace in as a normal slot?

The combination of these posts so close together puts me at pause. Ruy skips the RVS and goes straight into seriousness with his vote and questions Gorf's NL vote. Gorf asks what he expects to get out of the NL questioning and Ruy just backs out saying that he is trying to get RVS rolling, but instead of dropping it continues to push it as serious. The tone of these posts seem off to me and also forced as trying to generate discussion to seem towny. Everyone was focusing on the Kary situation at the time and this pretty much got left in the dust.

*Hind-sight J*

What I should have done instead of talk about Kary: Push this avenue more.
This is worth of mention, and if anything, regardless of J's alignment, is a good hindsight into what Ruy was doing. I'd really like to ask what Ruy was doing at first but particularly I hold to mostly the ideas already spoken by Gorf, but I think Ruy, for me, is the most possible to be a mislynch. He's not a strong player, and he tends to be a bit scatterbrained, and sometimes his reasoning doesn't make sense. I agree his early play is very weird, but from a different perspective, I see the possibility that his Gorf push was something he wasn't completely serious about, and was attempting to pressure him, even if it wasn't in the best way. The same can be said how I feel about his Jakestan read.

I'd prefer for @Fandangox to replace Ruy for this reason, as this slot has more to offer than Kary and J, who I feel have done enough damning things to be the actual lynch for D1, and hold enough connections to make it worhtwhile. @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf , is there anything you would go after specifically if Ruy were to flip scum? town?

#HBC | ѕoup

@J, the main problem I have with your ~new leaf~ approach is that you should've really been doing this in the first place, and for you to pretend like you're just able to turn like that and everything you've done prior to this means nothing is laughable to think about. I suppose my question is, what the **** were you thinking before that you managed to miss out on everything you highlighted in your re-read? Why weren't you paying attention to them in the first place? This is a sole reason why I don't feel (as I put it) your sudden change is natural, because you really should have been on top of all this in the first place. If such things deemed importance after you looked at it again..then what were you thinking before? It's like you decided that you knew your play was getting you bound to the ****ter, but as much you'd like it to go away, it doesn't. It was scummy, and I will still hold to it that it was scummy, and it's still very relevant.

#HBC | ѕoup

Man, I just want some assurance that the person we kill's flip is gonna tell me something useful. With a slot like Kary's, I don't feel like I'm lynching someone I think is "definitely scum", so I'd like it to be someone that tells me "well at least now you know X or Y is clean, and Z is gonna go next". Ya feel me?

The case against Kary, while I admit it exists, is not super strong, and neither are the connections. Is this where we wanna start? I feel like there's a ton of decent lynches on the table, tbh, and we may as well pick the best one. This is a luxury rarely afforded to town on D1, I say we don't waste it.

I feel like all these cases have been made, and wagons have been formed. We're gonna go with Kary? The one who's inactive? That's how we roll, we lynch inactives? I dunno, I'm gonna go back and reread July's post about Kary, but iirc, that post was as much about J as Kary. I feel like this lynch is butt, and tells us nothing but Kary's alignment (which might be scum)
Tell me how you feel about #602 and #603 regarding Kary/J. I feel that one of them is scum, but there isn't a bus going on. Would you agree? Who do you feel Garg's mates are?

#HBC | Gorf

I'm gonna be doing a lot of quoting. I know I'm not posting on my Hydra but I don't have a single clue where Joey is. @-Masquerain-, if you're too busy, may I just replace in as a normal slot?

This is worth of mention, and if anything, regardless of J's alignment, is a good hindsight into what Ruy was doing. I'd really like to ask what Ruy was doing at first but particularly I hold to mostly the ideas already spoken by Gorf, but I think Ruy, for me, is the most possible to be a mislynch. He's not a strong player, and he tends to be a bit scatterbrained, and sometimes his reasoning doesn't make sense. I agree his early play is very weird, but from a different perspective, I see the possibility that his Gorf push was something he wasn't completely serious about, and was attempting to pressure him, even if it wasn't in the best way. The same can be said how I feel about his Jakestan read.

I'd prefer for @Fandangox to replace Ruy for this reason, as this slot has more to offer than Kary and J, who I feel have done enough damning things to be the actual lynch for D1, and hold enough connections to make it worhtwhile. @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf , is there anything you would go after specifically if Ruy were to flip scum? town?
How do people just ****in plan who they're gonna go after upon x/y flip when the player that the person is mentioning isn't even near the noose yet? Too much thinking ahead for my taste, but I will say that a J-Garg-Ruy scum team seems quite plausible to me.

#HBC | ѕoup

How do people just ****in plan who they're gonna go after upon x/y flip when the player that the person is mentioning isn't even near the noose yet? Too much thinking ahead for my taste, but I will say that a J-Garg-Ruy scum team seems quite plausible to me.
It's honestly just a question to know where people's head is at. I'll refrain from asking anything else as I'm sure you already mentioned why you don't think Kary is scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

Dat OMGUS vote.
The sky is blue.

(This adds absolutely nothing and even if was OMGUS you haven't elborated as to why it is and you're trying to discredit Gorf's reasoning on you with thinly-veiled mafia lingo.)

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
Tell me how you feel about #602 and #603 regarding Kary/J. I feel that one of them is scum, but there isn't a bus going on. Would you agree? Who do you feel Garg's mates are?
You're saying you don't think Kary and J are aligned? I dunno about all that. I think you're right that they probably aren't scum together, but I'm not certain of anything beyond that. It's entirely possible they're both town. I'm not convinced there is necessarily a scum between the 2 of them.

I don't know who Garg's mates are. My scumread on him is due to the fact that he's scummy, not because I think I've pinned down his partners.

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
There could be scum between Kary and J, but nothing I've seen suggests one of them flipping town means the other one is definitely scum.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm pretty certain I've read the majority of the thread now, maybe skimming some things.

Kary = J > Ruy > Garg for me. I will agree to any of those 4 today but I would prefer for it to end on J or Kary.

Gorf is town and hilarious, his interaction with J was reasonable and well-spoken, and he has a good direction with Ruy.
I don't want to read July's walls, I am of the opinion that she's not aligned with J, and I think J is scum right now, so put two and two together.
Gheb continues to be precise and I tend to agree with the majority of his posts.
I like Riddick this game, I'm quite comfortable with them and I feel they're trying to give as much as they can to the thread instead of just hiding out.
I don't care for Garg, I don't feel he's a slot worth fighting for, and I would not cry over him getting the noose. That's basically it.

Everyone else hasn't really changed for me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm back, *******!

Will blatantly sheep any wagon that leads to a lynch of J, Kary, Ryu, Garg or Nabistan toDay.

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 1.13

frozenmarsh751
July
Gorf
Kary:
J
Honk: Gargalione
Rid****ulous
Nicholas1024
Gheb_01:
Badwolf
J: Kary, Frozenmarsh751
BadWolf
Gargaglione:
Rid****ulous, Nicholas1024, July, Gheb
Nabe: Red Ryu
Red Ruy*

Not voting:
Nabe

Notes:
Ryu has requested replacement.
Contacting Fandango
Nicholas's VLA ends today.

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 13 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is April 16th, at 11:59 PM

Last edited:

#HBC | Gorf

@mod I assume it's an error that Garg is voting himself?

I'm fine with going Garg now honestly. Does anybody really wanna do something before we kill the Day, since we have the time?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Phone post:

The only reason I will vote Garg is to save myself from being lynched.

@Mod: prod Badwolf please

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Badwolf has been prodded yesterday. Giving him some time to pick it up.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Alright, my V/LA is effectively over, I'll try to get through the thread tonight or tomorrow.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
jakestan replacing out is kind of annoying, especially since I was leaning scum on his slot. That said, it's hard to really make Nabe answer for what his predecessor was thinking, so I'll wait for Nabe's thoughts on the game before doing anything else wrt his slot.

Anyway, I haven't had a ton of time in the past couple of days, but here's my thoughts on recent events.

First off, I'm reading town on ridiculous, Frozenmarsh, and July. While I haven't agreed with everything any particular player has said, their various posts have been well thought out, and look like genuine scum hunting. (I know this is somewhat vague, but I'm trying to get it done fast. If you want me to dig up examples, just ask.)

Honk I'm still pretty sure is town, for the same reasons as before. Not interested in his lynch today.

Gheb/Ryu are both null-leaning town. I think Gheb's off-base with his push onto Honk, but he headed the wagon, and I don't think his vote was at all scummy. Red Ryu I feel like I need to see more of, but I've been pretty fine with him when he has posted.

Badwolf needs to show up, he's vig bait at the moment.

Gorf/J/Kary are all slots I need to reread. They've been around, but I don't have a good handle on them at the moment, so I'll try to get something up about them later.

At the moment, Garg is my #1 scum read. Details incoming with the next post. (Mainly because it's going to be a wall, and I don't want the actual reads list to be lost in the shuffle.)
Oh look you posted a catch-up post as a list with your general reads that all happen to be generally accepted opinions?

then you quote my list and type
The first thing I want to note is that there's actually very little useful information here for town, as there's little reasoning involved here, and almost everyone is null or town. This, by itself, doesn't condemn him. Sometimes you don't have a ton of time or just want to put a quick summary of your stances.

However, the important point here is that the reads list IS pretty useless. Keep that in mind for later on.
Oh wowee, yea, you're right, that list blows. it's totally nothing like your list, you know a catch-up post with generally accepted opinions.
I could easily accuse you for faking content on the same basis you're accusing me on.

You're jumping on the wagon to lynch me and posting things PBJ has noted before extensively. Nothing in your wall post has not been said before. At least I gave a different reason for jumping on Honk (I thought his play was OMGUS)

Don't have the time to dig into the larger posts right now but what sticks out to me is how differently people read July. And from what I can see J seems to read July as scum for similar things that bromarsh is reading her as town for. Not sure yet what @ Nicholas1024 Nicholas1024 reads her as town for but it's starting to look like people read either one or the other as scum. Not sure how I feel about it though and I'm not sure whether toDay should boid down to July vs J when people like Garg, honk and Gorf deserve death. I'm also open to arguments on why Kary and Nabeslot should be lynched.

:059:
It's easy to say **** like this when you've sidelined the whole time and haven't stepped on anyones toes except Honk in the b
Responding to this first.

No it is not a reason to lynch, it is a reason to investigate. You get me here?

I'm not saying Gorf auto scum, I used it to jump start the game with no real leads and get stuff going. But since then he has not made me feel good about how he has played this game, he is not my immediate scum pick, I wants Jake's slot more than anyone's right now, if not yours, but ugg. Outside of Jake I'm not as sure. He was the only slot I felt like was not doing anything but appeasement and laying to the crowd while doing nothing in return.

Back to Gorf, yes I think he is scummy right now I an trying to weigh in on him Garg and you right now. As it stands, there are a lot of players I feel like are doing nothing on the sidelines, Gorf Garg JS, players who are throwing out reads for reasons I got no clue, J Gorf IR JS, and reads that I feel like are purposelu trying not to step on anyones toes, JS Kary.

As it stands I got a pool but right now I am trying to decipher it and figure it out, I'm going to bed for reals now.

See ya and have a good weekend.

:lucario:
I mighta missed it cause I was gone for a while but why again do you think Gorf's scum?
I haven't fully bothered with Garg, I was of the opinion that he was a slow thinker and I wasn't as concerned with him taking things to a snails pace, and I never really bothered with his vote on me because it just didn't seem like a priority. I was of the mindset Garg was just doing his thing, and there were bigger fish to fry. Admittingly, I'm typing all of this with just mostly skimming, but I wanted to at least get something out there.

I'll try and fully read the thread later. I don't know where Joey is but he said he was going to read and get a post out.
This post is
I'm pretty certain I've read the majority of the thread now, maybe skimming some things.

Kary = J > Ruy > Garg for me. I will agree to any of those 4 today but I would prefer for it to end on J or Kary.

Gorf is town and hilarious, his interaction with J was reasonable and well-spoken, and he has a good direction with Ruy.
I don't want to read July's walls, I am of the opinion that she's not aligned with J, and I think J is scum right now, so put two and two together.
Gheb continues to be precise and I tend to agree with the majority of his posts.
I like Rid**** this game, I'm quite comfortable with them and I feel they're trying to give as much as they can to the thread instead of just hiding out.
I don't care for Garg, I don't feel he's a slot worth fighting for, and I would not cry over him getting the noose. That's basically it.

Everyone else hasn't really changed for me.
This is safe, at least have enough conviction to lay down a vote.
Honk's latest posts have been pretty useless, especially #604, where he might as well have posted "I have a thought on Garg but not really"

Top Bottom