• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Fixed Freezing Problems) ProjectM 3.02 - How to add your own Logo onto your CSS!

D

Deleted member

Current Version: ProjectM 3.02
Updated to fix Freezing upon entering CSS
Most of you have probably seen Big House 3 and other tournaments with a Logo on their Character Selection Screen. I've always wanted to have that customization on my own CSS but I didn't figure out how to do this until 2.6's release, so I imagined some of you might like having this!
This will be updated for each Project M Release.
Materials:​
Procedure:​
  1. Open Brawl Box v0.63d
  2. File > Open > Select the Pre-Made Common5 you downloaded
  3. Open sc_selcharacter_en > MiscData[30] > Textures(NW4R) > Find bg_icon > Right Click Export > Save to wherever.
You should look like you're about here: http://i.imgur.com/i7WGzvd.png
  1. Open your photo editing software (These steps will be using photoshop, but hopefully whatever you're using is similar enough to follow)
  2. File > Open > bg_icon (Wherever you saved it)
  3. Create a Layer thats on top of it
  4. Uncheck the ability to see the "Insert your logo here!" layer
  5. File > Open > Find the logo you want to use (For this I'm going to use Super Smash Sunday's logo)
  6. Take the new logo and put it on the empty layer you made earlier
  7. File > Save.
You should look like you're about here: http://i.imgur.com/KgcqWdn.png
  1. Go back to Brawl Box and find bg_icon
  2. Right Click > Replace > The new bg_icon you saved earlier.
  3. File > Save
You should look like you're about right here: http://i.imgur.com/jGGesPY.png
  1. Insert your SD Card and move the common5.pac you just saved to SD Card > projectm > pf > system > replace over the current common5.pac (MAKE SURE THAT ITS NAMED COMMON5.PAC, OnlineCommon5.PAC OR OfflineCommon5.PAC BECAUSE PM WILL NOT BOOT UP AFTER THE STRAP MENU)
NOTE: IF YOU'RE STILL HAVING TROUBLE WITH FREEZING ISSUES REGARDLESS OF YOUR BBOX VERSION, FOLLOW THIS http://prntscr.com/2q66wc

You've finished! If you're done everything right, boot up Project M and go to your CSS. Your logo should be awaiting you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Is there a way I can use my common 5.pac or do I need to use that?

D

Deleted member

You need to use the one in the guide because the polygon for the background is on that. If you're worrying about custom textures, you can import those.

Rage83

Smash Ace
I keep getting an error. Brawlbox keeps telling me that an object has a facepoint descriptor that doesn't match its linked nodes.

D

Deleted member

Thats what happens when you use BrawlBox v0.70 which is why I like v.0.68

Rage83

Smash Ace
Well, that figures. xD Anyways, I'll hold onto 0.68d because I've had that error come up in a few places(namely, with certain blank textures or textures that don't match proportionally)

D

Deleted member

Yeah I was getting the same errors as you got when I used v0.70 for replacing things. Thankfully v0.68 works :)

D

Deleted member

Just to put this out there: I make logos if anyone needs them.
Message me.

@Zach
Thanks a ton for being awesome and finally doing these.
You should make a guide on exactly where and what files people should export/import so people can make their own Common5's in the future. I tried to do it from scratch before, and I got staticy white lines.

Anywho, for now since your pre-mades are locked to Project M 3.0, make sure you title the thread appropriately.

D

Deleted member

Aliami this is a guide on how to make their own common5's. All they have to do is add the logo, I'll make sure its compatible for every release (Because in a few weeks we know 3.1 is coming out)

D

Deleted member

Aliami this is a guide on how to make their own common5's. All they have to do is add the logo, I'll make sure its compatible for every release (Because in a few weeks we know 3.1 is coming out)
Let's say the PMBR decide to move around character slots or add a clone engine character. In that case, these common5's would be dated.
I advise you to simply tell others what files they need to import/create into a fresh common5 to get these results.

D

Deleted member

Whenever they add a clone engine character or change anything about the menu I'll just update this thread so that you can download the updated common5.pac
It saves me having to give them instructions onto importing specific misc datas or whatever the case will be.

D

Deleted member

...having to give them instructions onto importing specific misc datas or whatever the case will be.
Isn't that the point of a tutorial thread?

This is more of a 'Hey here's a common5 for you, so download it' thread.
NOT a tutorial thread.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Don't take this argumentatively, but I tend to agree with Aliami. Rather than you having to update this thread with new common5's, outline the process you went through so we can replicate it. What if I have other edits to my common5 that I also want to keep (I do).

Its like that proverb, give a man a fish and he won't go hungry for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you won't ever have to listen to his incessant whining about how hungry he is again.

D

Deleted member

If I upload the common5.pac for the current build thats out right now and you have separate textures/add-ons then it won't matter if I show you the process or not. In the end you'll still have to import/change something (Either your own addons or whatever was updated in the newest release). I also never really have to update the guide for this, just the download to the common5.pac
Also some users have a bit of trouble with anything unless someone holds their hand and does it for them so just having this download is enough.

Kayo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiddKayo
3DS FC
0989-3028-4971
This is cool but how do I add the spaces for logos by scratch? Knowledge is the fruit of life dude.

Doq

Smash Lord
I see a lot of people wanting to know how it's done making it themselves. Might I suggest having both the premade version and a full tutorial to do it yourself.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
If I upload the common5.pac for the current build thats out right now and you have separate textures/add-ons then it won't matter if I show you the process or not. In the end you'll still have to import/change something (Either your own addons or whatever was updated in the newest release). I also never really have to update the guide for this, just the download to the common5.pac
Also some users have a bit of trouble with anything unless someone holds their hand and does it for them so just having this download is enough.

The difference is, I, and probably others, have a ton of add on's and putting them all in your provided pac file is a butt-ton more effort than what I assume would go into making this logo work from scratch.

D

Deleted member

*sigh* If you guys need it...
I'll get up another section of which is the tutorial on how I imported the icon into the background (sometime later today). It's actually just me importing some misc datas and other files since I re-used part of my 2.6 build.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I set up a picture that's a 1024x1024 circle and while the preview on both photoshop and brawlbox showed it displaying properly in game it's a bit taller and thinner then it's supposed to be. Any tips?

D

Deleted member

Did you put the 1024x1024 image straight into brawlbox? Or did you refit it to the bg_icon image size. (An ingame pic would also be slightly helpful)

Doq

Smash Lord
I am waiting for a method to do this myself without having to download ANYTHING, primarily because Mediafire = Complete Crap

But that's just me. I'll probably end up finding out how to do this myself.

Dr.K

D

Deleted member

If you don't like mediafire then what DO you like? I could upload it to dropbox or make a zip of the files
also I updated the thread to look nicer, haven't updated it with the second piece yet

Doq

Smash Lord
If you don't like mediafire then what DO you like? I could upload it to dropbox or make a zip of the files
also I updated the thread to look nicer, haven't updated it with the second piece yet
Anything other than Mediafire is nice. c: Mediafire in particular makes my computer start smoking.

I think it's because they put too many ads and it overloads my cpu :p

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Couldn't he just click upload file right where it says post reply?

It's only a few MB file.

Doq

Smash Lord
I don't blame it. The filesize limit here on SB is like 5mb and the common5 is closer to 6mb. Try zipping it :p

Alternately, just upload the sc_selcharacter.pac inside the common5

Top Bottom