• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fiora for SSB4 DLC [Xenoblade spoilers] - CONFIRMED FOR PROJECT X ZONE 2!!!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I see it now! c: And the way the summary is set up, not only is it showing off Sakurai's disregard for spoilers, but I think that may set up for the Mecha-Fiora trophy description too.

Even though I'm a Premium user now, it's only for a month and I set recurring payments to off ;; although I hope she does become DLC so I can set her as my post background and have her as the Wii U main icon so that Shulk and Fiora can be next to each other too c: I'd buy a year sub if that happens, I only have so much in my PayPal rn tho and I'm saving for a deviantART sub ;;
Who cares about money, spend it all on premium for Fiora :troll:
Just kidding of course, although I agree I'd definitely switch all my icons, profile pictures, signatures, etc to Shulk and Fiora. Maybe I would even upgrade to premium just to have her in my background. Shulk as my 3DS icon and Fiora as my Wii U one...YES! Hopefully that'll happen in the near future~

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Xenoblade trophies I have (other than Shulk, Dunban and Riki) look so bad. Shulk, Dunban and Riki have new beautiful models, while the other characters still have the low poly ones from their actual game x_x Well, it is better than not having trophies at all, I guess.
Still nowhere near as bad as using the Game & Wario artwork for the WarioWare trophies. Now that was a cruel way of trolling us since this is supposed to be an HD game after all (No 3D Mona?). :rolleyes:

I got her Homs trophy! Here's a picture for you guys who don't have it: (I had to take the picture of my TV since the gamepad didn't show up good so um enjoy my TV border and wall :4dedede:)
I had that trophy since my first day, though I still need her other two trophies (Face Nemesis and Neo Mecha Sonic Fiora). I wonder if they had intentionally did this on purpose since they know that we want moar Xenoblade content in Smash (Most notably a second rep as DLC). But again, this is just me being hopeful to see another Natural Killer Cyborg in Smash other than Samus.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Still nowhere near as bad as using the Game & Wario artwork for the WarioWare trophies. Now that was a cruel way of trolling us since this is supposed to be an HD game after all (No 3D Mona?). :rolleyes:

I had that trophy since my first day, though I still need her other two trophies (Face Nemesis and Neo Mecha Sonic Fiora). I wonder if they had intentionally did this on purpose since they know that we want moar Xenoblade content in Smash (Most notably a second rep as DLC). But again, this is just me being hopeful to see another Natural Killer Cyborg in Smash other than Samus.
I honestly had the same thought about neo Mecha sonic Fiora and Face Nemesis being so hard to get but I pushed it aside as hopeless speculation. Maybe the Mechon and Face Nemesis trophy aren't programmed into the game right now, but will be included with Fiora as DLC? Who knows. Sakuraiiiiii, why must you leave us with such such tiny hints that cause so much speculation?!?!?!?!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I honestly had the same thought about neo Mecha sonic Fiora and Face Nemesis being so hard to get but I pushed it aside as hopeless speculation. Maybe the Mechon and Face Nemesis trophy aren't programmed into the game right now, but will be included with Fiora as DLC? Who knows. Sakuraiiiiii, why must you leave us with such such tiny hints that cause so much speculation?!?!?!?!
Actually, the trophies still exist in the game and they aren't that hard to get. Though what I meant was that she could still be in the works if they had ported the models from Xenoblade Chronicles with little to no effort. Besides, look at all the other trophies that they had put a high amount of effort in while a low poly game like Xenoblade deserved better trophies.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Actually, the trophies still exist in the game and they aren't that hard to get. Though what I meant was that she could still be in the works if they had ported the models from Xenoblade Chronicles with little to no effort. Besides, look at all the other trophies that they had put a high amount of effort in while a low poly game like Xenoblade deserved better trophies.
/facepalm oops, i interpreted that completely wrong.
I see what you mean though, it's a criminal offense Xenoblade doesn't have very high quality trophies. However, I noticed in that one Pic of the Day with Reyn, Melia, Face Nemesis, and Metal Face, Face Nemesis actually looks pretty good. Hope the trophy actually looks that good when you view it.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Either this represents Melia being friendzoned or it's an accurate depiction of Shulk inviting Fiora to Smash for DLC promotions.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Either this represents Melia being friendzoned or it's an accurate depiction of Shulk inviting Fiora to Smash for DLC promotions.
Sucks to be Melia. :troll: Still like you tho Melly

But if DLC Assist Trophies are a thing, I think Melia would make a nice AT.

My latest idea for Fiora's trailer is on page 8 I think? I just do hope DLC characters do get trailers, and since Mewtwo is iirc treated as a newcomer, he'd be likely to get one too

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

My latest idea for Fiora's trailer is on page 8 I think? I just do hope DLC characters do get trailers, and since Mewtwo is iirc treated as a newcomer, he'd be likely to get one too
I'm sure DLC AT's will be a thing, as will stages and music. Melia is right behind Fiora as my favorite Xenoblade character. and I'd love to see her! I'm surprised she wasn't the Xenoblade AT in the first place. She could have her three elements she summons that give you a temporary boost, or Mind Blast sealing special moves or Shadow Stitch which makes you unable to move, like a shield break :troll:

I'm surprised I hadn't seen your trailer idea until now, it sounds amazing! It's perfect and just how I'd want it to go, I im really feeling it like how it's continued off Shulk's trailer as well~ About DLC characters, it'd be silly for them to not get trailers. How would they be hyped up without them? Not even knowing their movesets would push away a lot of potential buyers, so don't worry over Fiora getting a trailer or not, she definitely will.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I'm pretty sure they'll have to do trailers for DLC fighters regardless since it's a good way of promoting a character before their release. Capcom had done something similar for Jill and Shumah Gorath after Marvel vs. Capcom 3's release. Yeah, your trailer idea was on page 8 and her reveal trailer BETTER be similar to that since it makes too much sense for her. Just imagine the hype from that alone, especially since Xenoblade is having a "New" 3DS port soon.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I like going through these threads. The OP and posters come up with some creative playstyles and ideas for taunts, victory poses, etc.

Even though I feel like it's better to get a XC rep in 5mash (or Sma5h?), I wouldn't mind if another playable character appears via DLC as a way to promote the N3DS version of the game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I like going through these threads. The OP and posters come up with some creative playstyles and ideas for taunts, victory poses, etc.

Even though I feel like it's better to get a XC rep in 5mash (or Sma5h?), I wouldn't mind if another playable character appears via DLC as a way to promote the N3DS version of the game.
Hehe, thank you c: I guess I add you then?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I just unlocked a trophy of Fiora. Makes me happy and sad at the same time. I realized for Smash 5... or technically 6, if they expand Shulk's final smash to include other party members she could appear more often. I'm honestly expecting another Xenoblade X character as playable in future smash bros. games. Unless the series bombs with the next entry, but we all know that won't happen right

Edit: I'm all bannered up :)

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Me neither, especially since he doesn't seem customizable in the way Robin is in FEA (still fully customizable, but is an actual character and actually speaks and takes place in the story) If we got an X character, I'd be betting on Elma, unless there's a more important party member we don't know about yet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I feel like I need to see more of Cross in action and his/her abilities and, if any, personality, before considering them for DLC. Elma or Rin is more likely imo for a Xenoblade X rep.

Last edited:

Robertos0511

Smash Rookie
So wait do we actually have confirmation that there's a Mechon-Fiora trophy in the game?

Also you can add me to the list ^_^

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yup, there's a Mecha-Fiora trophy. And, well, here's the complete list (got this from the Isaac thread).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ3CQcPuu1U&app=desktop
Watching the video, I see Sakurai's going all out with Xenoblade spoilers, and not just with Mecha-Fiora. There's the Jade Face and Gold Face (can't spell it's real name right now) trophies for starters; it's Lucas's Brawl trophy all over again.

Just surprised there's no Dinkson, Lorithia, Kalian, Alvis or Zanza trophy

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
DEEP SIGHHHHHHH Time for some deep breathing! :4wiifit:
Really though, why is it necessary to spoil almost the entire game? This sucks.
On a better note, Mechon Fiora's trophy looks beautiful.

Anybody know how to craft the bomb for a certain quest so I can get to Aginritha? I have all 3 ingredients, but I still can't bomb the vent yet.
Did you go to the landmark GF: Control Tower to make the bomb? It's a seperate quest from getting the components, so check your quest log again if you're still confused.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Did you go to the landmark GF: Control Tower to make the bomb? It's a seperate quest from getting the components, so check your quest log again if you're still confused.
I always found it odd, though, that Xord was the only Core Unit to not actually be seen in game (i.e. him stepping out of the Face), unlike Fiora, Mumkhar and Gadolt.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I always found it odd, though, that Xord was the only Core Unit to not actually be seen in game (i.e. him stepping out of the Face), unlike Fiora, Mumkhar and Gadolt.
As did I, although I assume it's because he's not very important to the story and he appears early in the game (and presumably dies) However, with the character thread we're in right now, presumably dying in Xenoblade obviously means nothing and it would've been cool if Xord came back later on in the game and we actually saw him.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Eh, it's to be expected since we did have the entire game of Mother 3 and Ocarina of Time spoiled to us in previous Smash titles. Let's not forget that the identity of Other M's Little Birdie was spoiled in his trophy too. When it comes to the newcomers that are in the games, Sakurai would least care if anyone had played these Nintendo titles or not since fanservice is the No. 1 priority with Smash.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
At least Xenoblade's ending wasn't spoiled.

Also why is there no Alvis trophy? *Sighs*

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
...well. It looks like Fiora now has detractors as of today. :c

However, please do not attack them! I really don't want any fights over this.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
...well. It looks like Fiora now has detractors as of today. :c

However, please do not attack them! I really don't want any fights over this.
It's expected, just like how people still feel about the Chorus Kids EVEN after they became a trophy. Many people were even labelling them as sour Gematsu bandwagoners while ignoring the fact that they are the few "Ensemble Darkhorses" Rhythm Heaven has (With the Wrestler and Karate Joe as other good examples). Look at the article for the Pic of the Day if you want proof or even any other site that dare mentions them.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's expected, just like how people still feel about the Chorus Kids EVEN after they became a trophy. Many people were even labelling them as sour Gematsu bandwagoners while ignoring the fact that they are the few "Ensemble Darkhorses" Rhythm Heaven has (With the Wrestler and Karate Joe as other good examples). Look at the article for the Pic of the Day if you want proof or even any other site that dare mentions them.
I saw the post there, yes. I'm a Marshal supporter myself and it upsets me to see people bashing on the idea of a RH rep simply because Gematsu.

And when you think of it, every character is bound to have detractors. The Elma and Cross threads had a few. Heck, Bandana Dee and Krystal have it particularly bad too (and I'm not much of a Krystal fan myself, though I don't hate her either). And if there were threads for say, Melia, Reyn or (if he wasn't deconfirmed) Dunban, there'd be backlash there too.

There's no such thing as "too bandwagon-y" tbh, it's all just people appreciating the character and hoping them to be in, really.

RobinOnDrugs

I was expecting that to happen eventually. Even the more popular choices like Snake, Ridley, and K. Rool have their own detractors. I understand their reasons though, but then again, we wound up getting characters that people weren't banking on to begin with and characters like Chrom were deconfirmed despite being a popular choice. In the end, it's Sakurai's decision on who makes the cut, so why bother complaining about bandwagons? It's just supporting a character really.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't think it's the bandwagon that people have a problem with. It's the fact that people suddenly seem to think that Fiora is one of the most likely DLC characters that stirs up controversy.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't think it's the bandwagon that people have a problem with. It's the fact that people suddenly seem to think that Fiora is one of the most likely DLC characters that stirs up controversy.
The thing is, some people there (I'm not dropping any names) explicitly said she was "bandwagon-y" for being mentioned at all in the first place.

I know she doesn't have much of a chance compared to some others, but she was never outright deconfirmed and her chances are still solid. Plus, she's a very plot important character and has uniqueness potential (like also Melia, though she'd be less likely due to difficulty implementing). We don't know much about the Xenoblade X characters at the moment either, so if Xenoblade were to have another rep, Fiora is the most likely in that department.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I saw the post there, yes. I'm a Marshal supporter myself and it upsets me to see people bashing on the idea of a RH rep simply because Gematsu.

And when you think of it, every character is bound to have detractors. The Elma and Cross threads had a few. Heck, Bandana Dee and Krystal have it particularly bad too (and I'm not much of a Krystal fan myself, though I don't hate her either). And if there were threads for say, Melia, Reyn or (if he wasn't deconfirmed) Dunban, there'd be backlash there too.

There's no such thing as "too bandwagon-y" tbh, it's all just people appreciating the character and hoping them to be in, really.
Yeah, and that's the user that operates the Isaac thread.

Admittingly, I'm on both sides with some characters, so I do have this rationale. I mean, I am against Chrous Men (Gematsu made them way too popular) and Krystal (just not a fan of her due to the fact that she debuted as a furry's fantasy), while I'm for Rayman (That guy?), Medusa (She didn't do anything in Uprising!), and Isaac (We have too many swordsmen! Plus, Golden Sun is terrible!). Yes, even the guy that has a super-duper-majority as far as acceptance for the Project M Clone Fighters goes has his share of detractors. Of course, you can never truly tell if this is the so-called "hipster rule", where if something gets popular a few people will bash it just cause, or if they had bad experiences with those games, which I admit for Uprising, henceforth the negative feelings on the KI characters.

I support Fiora primarily due to how interesting the concept would be. As far as the other Xenoblade characters go, they are alright, but the majority of them are cut-and-dry in terms of how they are depicted (the battle-hardened scout, the medic, the pretty girl who is way older than she looks), while Fiora's abilities when she gets "upgraded" to Mecha-Fiora would be the most original choice as far as Xenoblade characers go. Clone characters are super-easy, but if you're gonna do characters from a franchise where they are radically different from one another, you can only do a select few, and in this game's case, while 2 would be pushing it (IMO), if you picked a second, might as well go with the best option.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
No one said Fiora was likely in the first place, just having a good shot.

Why must people assume that every time someone discusses a characters chances (That's not K. Rool, Isaac, and other popular candidates here), they mistakenly assume we think they are likely, we don't.

D

Deleted member

No one said Fiora was likely in the first place, just having a good shot.

Why must people assume that every time someone discusses a characters chances (That's not K. Rool, Isaac, and other popular candidates here), they mistakenly assume we think they are likely, we don't.
Three things, I think, but so you know, the first one is not directed at you:

1. They are probably still butt-hurt over the fact that their character (probably Chrom or Ridley or any AT) did not make it in so they want to spread their misery over to others.
2. They consider that, considering all the logistical problems that may and will happen with Smash Bros. DLC that the notion of this cornucopia of fighters coming forth is too much of a fantasy unless they pull a Capcom and release a new Smash Bros. game with the added fighters. If we get DLC beyond Mewtwo, it'll be returning veterans and clones of current fighters. Nothing original or unique.
3. They view Mewtwo as the only DLC character we'll ever get because it's the only DLC character Sakurai mentioned from his own mouth. If Sakurai doesn't say it, it's not gonna happen. End of story.

Problem is people are reactive, not proactive, to commentary about a character's chances. I have four top contenders for DLC, and as far as I am concerned, none of them will be playable. But I still like to talk about them becuase A) I like to and B) at least they have some credentials in their favor.

But, even the big names you allude to, like King K. Rool and Isaac, will have their detractors as people will argue more and more about why they don't belong. You know, stuff like "relevancy", "demand", "logistics"... all the way down to "I don't want him".

Top Bottom