• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finger conditioning

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
My fingers are not nearly fast nor powerful enough to perform tech. I have always been known as the kid who could never do the monkey bars and I have always lost at every emaginable contest that had to do with grip.

Do any of you have any speacial exercises or drills that enhance and condition the fingers?

I don't do this anymore, but I used try exercising my fingers, except for my thumbs, by laying my hands flat on my knees on their backs while sitting in a chair, then closing and opening a fist 100 -200 times daily. I have no idea if this actually improved me because I had no comparison group. I also tried doing motions for my thumbs too. This wasn't something I ever researched. I just did it for most of about a year, I'd guess. You can try it and see if it can't help you

Also, having more finger strength will make you grip your controller more tightly

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
My fingers are not nearly fast nor powerful enough to perform tech. I have always been known as the kid who could never do the monkey bars and I have always lost at every emaginable contest that had to do with grip.

Do any of you have any speacial exercises or drills that enhance and condition the fingers?
There are hand exercise guides all over the internet. This is the one I do every once in a while.

Top Bottom