• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia - Game Over!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
it looks like you are referencing my response to overswarm where I explain why I don't buy into the dabuz wagon. are you going to even refute my points?? you don't even reference them directly. it looks like you're just whining that I'm not here enough and that you don't like my opinion and labeling it scummy without trying to justify why.
No, this is about you apparently agreeing with me that Nabe should have been voting Scary when you claim to have 8 years of experience. Marshy alerted me that this is a no-no and I directly questioned what your opinion on it was, and instead you're giving me this strawman. That's what I mean by "this way".

Your defense is "I'm active", and complaining that we have lots of choices. Honestly after this you seem like a good one and I hope people remember it if I'm dead.

V This is what you were supposed to be replying to, not your "whatevever" opinion on Dabuz. V
In that case Vult, what do you make of HBW's rebuttal
This is actually really good stuff. His trend of really bad votes continues throughout (pointing out the Scary vote off of memory) and honestly it can't just be shown in a bad light if it's got the consistency.
And this is a hollow, meaningless post. It's "really good stuff" how you're able to point out basic things that I did that you should have already commented on after 30 pages even though you've apparently wanted me dead most of the time. Good to know you put in the honest effort and aren't just parroting whatever.

My vote pattern is how it is because I'm Solider/Priest. I don't expect that to save me, but at least people will know before post why I played my votes that way.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
*everyone act shocked for my sake even though it was totally obvious why I wanted to be on the end wagon*

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Before anyone hammers me, I want an opinion on why the hell Dabuz is still shifting his vote around like it's not the most important thing in the game as a doublevoter wrt throwing it on DSH after saying nothing about DSH in recent memory.

Because this: This stuff he brings up is all so old. If he felt this way before he never said it and this just feels like the last in a series of opportunistic jumps.

I can compromise with a DSH lynch toDay. His sudden disappearance irks me. The RR head's early pressure on me feels like it was something ridiculous to push on even when justifying that it was pressure based on a bad reaction. (If memory serves me anyway) The head's town read on PR (which IIRC is his most justified town read) reads weird to me because he's defending PR asking why people see the slot as scum (973 and at some point before post 700), yet DSH had admitted either in post 511 or a bit past that that he sees Town PR as townie mostly as a result of disliking Jdietz. However his 558 explicitly states when rereading PR's 414 that DSH doesn't like it anymore. This comes as a result of JD asking DSH why DSH even liked PR's 414 where DSH generalizes by saying he liked PR's openness. So I feel like DSH's strongest town read isn't fully fleshed and has some inconsistencies. It's a slot that's so far behind anyway which doesn't instill much confidence in his potential to contribute to relevant discussion.
He can't be a Solider like me or Carnage either, because if he's lvl 2 Templar for his doublevote there's nothing to be roleblocked or redirected with Soldier.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dude I don't even remember half of this game it was so weird and I played so bad.

GG 420blazeitgotown

Hopefully there are some massive breakthroughs based on these wagons or vig does some work.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Not even insight, that's what ****ing happened. It's in the thread, if you want you can read it and participate in this mafia game.
It's a subjective interpretation of yours. Mine is different.

:059:

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
@ Detective Sherlock Hound Detective Sherlock Hound :

For Dabuz, it is the cherry on top, not the foundation. You say you don't find it to be that way, you have to bring the evidence, burden of proficiency. This is also the case for Scary, who I have given actual reasoning in game before the meta. Don't act like I have only just based the read on meta. Before you continue addressing me, you need to respond to this: #1012

@Hardbody Warrior:

Basically I narrowed it down to JD/DSH. I prefer DSH and I'll let Carnage choose between them. I prefer DSH and I'll stick to that if town is down with that. Not voting Dabuz nor Nabe.

@ Jdietz43 Jdietz43 :

Vote DSH, unless you want your walrus toasted.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think Gova's sanity took the brunt of that half ruse lol. (part of me really did want to know if the change was for reals)

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
What happened to your fondness for Scary.
I would ask the same of you, and in fact I did ask you. My fondness may have been stronger had you not left the Scary wagon and stayed off it. Today's Deadline. Bam.

Maximum Carnage

Smash Journeyman
I'm not putting my vote to that wagon until I hear from
@ Maximum Carnage Maximum Carnage

I have seen you viewing intermittently since our last talk, get in here.
You're scum and I want you lynched. I haven't been on anytime soon, but Ryker may have been. I was playing in a megaman marathon until 7 a.m.

Vote: JDietz

Need to be on vote due to ability. Dislike this lynch for multiple reasons, the biggest of which it isn't Nabe. If there's a vig I humbly request you kill Nabe.

JDietz almost certainly is going to flip town because everyone is willing to plop a vote on him.

Seriously, look at the entire playlist and tell me who isn't willing to vote JDietz.

Dabuz, I want to hear from and you first tomorrow about who you think the play should be and your interpretation of the Night Actions.

I request no one else say anything except "**** dabunz" or vote for dabuz until he does -_-;;

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
@ Detective Sherlock Hound Detective Sherlock Hound :

For Dabuz, it is the cherry on top, not the foundation. You say you don't find it to be that way, you have to bring the evidence, burden of proficiency. This is also the case for Scary, who I have given actual reasoning in game before the meta. Don't act like I have only just based the read on meta. Before you continue addressing me, you need to respond to this: #1012
Except a lot of what you said about Scary is pretty much just meta, yeah he played better in a newbie. Guess what me and Zen referenced in Gheb's game and look what happened there, he was town. If he is not substantiating himself well or explaining himself well, I'm relating that to experience over actually being scummy. You're not considering this and is even more apparent when you reference that newbie game and even more so when it was further into the game rather than here on Day 1.

I don't think you are scum rather town, but you need to consider his experience even more so here than with most players. I think he is more getting caught up on trying to defend himself. Someone we should keep an eye on? Yes, but I'm not fond of lynching him when at worst, he has weak reasons for reads.

I'm not going to lynch him on this. You gotta sell more than this since on the reread this seems to be more or less why people want him offed. I don't think this is a strong point.

~

As for Dabuz it comes back to his reaction, that reaction is scummy. When I called him out on it, he over response when he could have kept it simple, then tried to play it off as a joke when there was legitimate reasoning to look into his response.

I will say this, he did improve after that point. Only for it to go back to me disliking him more.

I don't like some of his questions he has been asking because it goes back to red alarms for him asking questions to blend, and I'm being very careful not to let players let meta or feels I get to dictate them anymore after Rake made it his mission to abuse that against me in Tranq. Dabuz is going back to what I reread in Luigi's where again, he's like Marshy where you need to get where his direction is and where his priorities are.

His voting and actions to Carnage don't give me that kind of attentive play I think as town he would take. Now at points, yeah I think he had a reason to go where he did with his vote, but this is not the case with a lot of what I have read and seen. Even more so his reasoning to vote my slot is really ****ed up.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
JDietz almost certainly is going to flip town because everyone is willing to plop a vote on him.

Seriously, look at the entire playlist and tell me who isn't willing to vote JDietz.
Bussing has become standard warefare of a scumbag's play a while ago. I'd rather look at the how and why.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu

First off, this is wrong, he has people who are willing to defend him.

Second, what Gorf said about Circus in MMU.

Third, I never understood this from you OS. I remember you said this either in your interview or somewhere else. What is the reasoning with, everyone wants him offed so he must be town?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote: Dabuz

Yeah I'm not voting with a last second wagon on a player who wasn't in my pool with people I'm losing faith in just because it's the biggest besides my own.

If I die I die, if I don't I don't. Either way I want @Hardbody Warrior to weigh in on my thoughts on Vult before the day ends.

Peace?

I'd go back to Scary, maybe Nabe again if that picks up, but I think I'll draw the line at DSH.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
DSH and HBW have pretended to be pushing a Dietz lynch all Day but never actually made any effort to convince people and their cases are weak too. The argument about whiteknighting and cockblocking has been completely blown out of proportion by both slots as an excuse to not push their agenda harder. Take into account how certain both players have been that Dietz is scum - there wasn't even the slightest glimpse of doubt to them that it can only be that way and no other. And yet J's and Town PR's lack of support supposedly is enough to sabotage the lynch of a slot both are 100% sure *must* be scum. That's so ridiculously fishy, I can't be the only one who has a huge issue with how easily they get away with that bull**** play.

If Dietz actually flips scum and DSH and HBW are both town I'm going to **** a brick. Either Dietz is going to flip town or at least one of them two players have bussed him.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
No, this is about you apparently agreeing with me that Nabe should have been voting Scary when you claim to have 8 years of experience. Marshy alerted me that this is a no-no and I directly questioned what your opinion on it was, and instead you're giving me this strawman. That's what I mean by "this way".
V This is what you were supposed to be replying to, not your "whatevever" opinion on Dabuz. V
I very clearly misunderstood what you were referencing in your post (pls be more proactive about using quotes from now on). Did you really not realize that or are you saying I'm strawmanning?

In that case Vult, what do you make of HBW's rebuttal
My response is that I still don't think a self-preservation vote is justified for reasons posted in my 1194. We're not in a game where wagons are strong; they change quickly. It doesn't matter whom he'd be voting with/against, he's not in a position where it's necessary.

What is it I should weigh in on? I'm confused by the nature of the post lol
What I'm asking is if you think Nabe's self-preservation vote was appropriate given the game's circumstances.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't even Vult, the quote was right there under the question in 1197.

I believe you're definitely deflecting pressure from yourself by complaining that there are lots of options and you've "been active", which is a fallacious reason we shouldn't pay you any mind, that's the strawman (though maybe I'm using the term incorrectly). You've been active at a lot of nothing, voting MC and Nameless and never following through, then just taking the Nabe thing after a single post by me, and now me. I want you to be known if I go.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Don't even Vult, the quote was right there under the question in 1197.
not in 1199 which is what I replied to.

I believe you're definitely deflecting pressure from yourself
pressure on me always mentions my activity and not my content.

voting MC and Nameless and never following through.
i stopped being suspicious of them because of their responses to my posts in the former case and good-looking posts in the latter case.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Still trying to make sense of a lot of things that have happened since I went and did my tourney thing. Generally been in a daze today.

@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe
Can you explain what created the DSH wagon? I'm trying to wrap my head around what started the wagon and I generally do not know.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Vult said:
What I'm asking is if you think Nabe's self-preservation vote was appropriate given the game's circumstances.
Oh, yea it was totally appropriate. I went on a whole schpeal about it after it happened.

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
Except a lot of what you said about Scary is pretty much just meta

I don't think you are scum rather town, but you need to consider his experience even more so here than with most players. I think he is more getting caught up on trying to defend himself. Someone we should keep an eye on? Yes, but I'm not fond of lynching him when at worst, he has weak reasons for reads.

As for Dabuz it comes back to his reaction, that reaction is scummy. When I called him out on it, he over response when he could have kept it simple, then tried to play it off as a joke when there was legitimate reasoning to look into his response.
It isn't all 'pretty much meta'. The only meta I brought in was obviously the two posts with quotes from the newbie. Everything before, was not meta. It's also not simply his reads having weak reasoning. It's more than that. My main point, I'll get to you after he responds.

Underlined, it isn't scummy. It's null. (Bad play, not scum play) You can't get intentions simply from that. You have to read deeper than just one reaction. 'Lol no' can be said by either abrasive scum or trolly town (You'll have to convince me on why any town would NOT say things like that). I don't have a problem with his air fluff questions, because meta. inb4 RAN DON'T DO THAT. I'm fine with them as long as he is showing his work. If he doesn't show any work, then I'd be open to considering what you are saying. I saw the scary push. I liked his reasoning on Acrostic, and that was the trigger to cause me to dig up Dabuz meta, in the middle of the night. I'll look more into his reasoning on you and give thoughts on that in a bit.

@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe
Can you explain what created the DSH wagon? I'm trying to wrap my head around what started the wagon and I generally do not know.
Instead of gauging the opinion of others, tell me what you think of three wagons (including the DSH wagon). Then tell me which of those wagons you would hop on first, then second, then third. Yes, you have to committ to a vote and stance. No more 'I'm unsure.. eh... still need to back up and find myself before actually putting forth any concrete thoughts". Time to get the cohones and man up, Scary. You are shedding your newbie self, to become... a regular player. Be a sheep, no more. Become a dog, who barks all day at the tree for no reason, to only be slapped by your master for barking too much "SHADDAP YOO STOOPID DAWG!!"

@ #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe : Is it alright if he answers this request, possibly messing up his question to you? I just don't want him to get results from you without knowing his own thoughts first, since he has been so sheepy.

Town PR

DtJ Glyphmoney|Ranmaru
Hi I'm J my one letter name can't get tagged so I can be quoted instead teehee
Need some input and a vote from you J. Wondering where you stand in all this man. Don't leave us hanging.

Top Bottom