• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy for SSBB WHATS UP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkStevenX

Smash Rookie
I think some characters from the FF series should get into SSBB, FF is one of the original games for nintendo so why wuldn't they be included? The only thing I culd see stopping them wuld be choosing which characters get in since FF have different characters for every game. So what do you guys think about FF being included in SSBB??

Sorry if a thread like this has already been posted...

here are the FF character i think they shuld consider including...:)

1.) Cloud (but of course)
2.) Sephiroth
3.) Aeris
4.) Tifa
5.) Tidus
6.) Yuna
7.) Cid
8.) Cait Sith
9.) Squall
10.) Vincent

Master.Lord.Marth.

Smash Journeyman
There is probably a thread about this already, try to use the search function next time.

Funny thing is that 80% of the characters you mentioned have never been on a nintendo console *well, only cloud and aeris were on the kingdom hearts game for gameboy* and also most of you suggestions are FFVII characters so i say...no. If they were to include characters they would include characters from the early FF games.

DarkStevenX

Smash Rookie
yah but thing is early characters were really just sprites and the names you could change too, so to me there really isnt anything much special about them especially how would they give them specific attacks if they could basically do anything........maybe include the crystal chronicle characters....or have a moogle or a chocobo as characters :D....I dunno whatever

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
I suggest you have you find yourself a "Flame Shield", because chances that you'll be attacked like there is no tomorrow...

Majora Vaati

Smash Rookie
if Sephiroth was ever in SSB...he would be so frikin cheap...think about it

his sword is alredy half if not the exact same size as the stage...he swings that like a knife and can use all sorts of apocalyptic attacks...plus he's lightning fast...besides you cant make a full moveset with any of those ppl without it getting old...(o look Cloud can do Firaga, Waterga, Aeroga and Omni Slash while Sephiroth can do Firaga, Waterga, Aeroga and Meteor o wait look its Aerith with Firaga, Waterga, Aeroga and Healing Wind[or w/e its called])

I think all people should think their suggestions out thoroughly before they suggest it just becuz theyre badass....(also I dont wanna seem like Im making anyone become an SSB developer clone....Im just stating my mind and my opinions....is that so wrong :) )

DarkStevenX

Smash Rookie
yah well I thought about all of that too Majora Vaati but I figure they wuld just end up toning down the move set anyways.....anyways I guess they wuldn't include any of my suggestion considering that they arent Nintendo originals......early FF characters wuld be good to I cant think of names but yah...

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Most of those guys weren't on a Nintendo console, and there are PLENTY of FF characters that were on Nintendo consoles that would be very awesome. I bet I could name 10 right now, at least.

1: Cecil
2: Rosa
3: Locke
4: Edgar
5: Sabin
6: Cyan
7: Kain
8: Celes
9: Rydia
10: Gao

KidHellion

Smash Apprentice
Disregarding insignificant cameos in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, NONE of the characters you listed were on Nintendo consoles (in the original post, i mean). Personally, the only Final fantasy characters I'd wanna' see would be the generic FF1 characters. Like Black mage or White mage or Black belt or ANYBODY. Well, not Fighter. There's enough sword-users.

Elrodillazo

Smash Apprentice
what is so cool about cloud he is just a generic hero character from a crappy overrated rpg also what is so cool about sephiroth he is the worst villain ever he doesnt even have a personality what is so cool about them seriously?

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Well, when I made a Kingdom Hearts topic, everyone just shot it down. :T

And Kingdom Hearts was on a Nintendo system (KH:COM), but I guess so has FF (Crystal Chronicles and FFV, and a few of the nameless ones like some of the ones that involve the word "Tactics")

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, Cloud and Sephiroth and every other Final Fantasy games for the PS1 and PS2 is way too overrated... There is a game for these characters, its known as "Kingdom Hearts"... Cloud have already appeared in 5 different games and his own movie, so do you really think Square-Enix would be too desperate enough to do a Hideo on Sakurai??? If you want Final Fantasy would to surprisingly get in, the only characters I think would have a slight chance of actually making it in the games would be the characters of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicle... Why, because the game was only made for Gamecube and a squeal is being made for the Wii... But if any other characters mentioned by crazy fan people actually gets in, then I'm going to happily go buy 10 copies of SSB:B and Wii consoles and smash them up...

Elrodillazo

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, Cloud and Sephiroth and every other Final Fantasy games for the PS1 and PS2 is way too overrated... There is a game for these characters, its known as "Kingdom Hearts"... Cloud have already appeared in 5 different games and his own movie, so do you really think Square-Enix would be too desperate enough to do a Hideo on Sakurai??? If you want Final Fantasy would to surprisingly get in, the only characters I think would have a slight chance of actually making it in the games would be the characters of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicle... Why, because the game was only made for Gamecube and a squeal is being made for the Wii... But if any other characters mentioned by crazy fan people actually gets in, then I'm going to happily go buy 10 copies of SSB:B and Wii consoles and smash them up...
i agree with you

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
You're forgetting FFVI, FFIV, FFI...there are plenty of deserving FF characters. But....not FFVII on.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
You're forgetting FFVI, FFIV, FFI...there are plenty of deserving FF characters. But....not FFVII on.
The older Final Fantasy was remade for the PS1, I think it's known as Final Fantasy Anthology and Mythology...

Another Final Fantasy that could probably make it would be Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance and that's it...

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter if they were remade, they made their debut on Nintendo consoles, so they meet the minimum requirements, and they are seen as classics, for the most part. I think they have pretty good chances, considering. Though, whether or not they actually will get in is questionable.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
yah but thing is early characters were really just sprites and the names you could change too, so to me there really isnt anything much special about them especially how would they give them specific attacks if they could basically do anything........maybe include the crystal chronicle characters....or have a moogle or a chocobo as characters :D....I dunno whatever
1. Ice Climbers were just sprites they did just fine bringing them into the game.

2. Did you ever even play any of the SNES FFs? You saying there was nothing special about the characters leads me to believe you didn't.

3. Umm can't you change the names of the characters in pretty much any FF? Don't see how that has any weight in the argument.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter if they were remade, they made their debut on Nintendo consoles, so they meet the minimum requirements, and they are seen as classics, for the most part. I think they have pretty good chances, considering. Though, whether or not they actually will get in is questionable.
And there is rumors that Square-Enix is making Kingdom Hearts 3 for the PS3, saying the storyline involves Sora's dad or something like that (please go play KH2 and get the "secret ending")... Chances are, they are probably going to need those old FF games for their game...

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
.....so? It doesn't matter where they're GOING, it matters where they CAME FROM. And they CAME FROM Nintendo consoles.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
geez..........
That was just pointless post...

Anyway, this is not a good idea. As cool as the likes of Cloud, Sephiroth and that are, as everyone here has already stated it won't make sense. Did KH:CoM even sell very well? I have no idea.

But those few characters who had only a cameo still shouldn't be in there.

Older FF's could be considered. We have two CC games coming out and FF-III has just been remade for DS. Not to forget DQ-IX for DS later this year, so Square have lots of choices other Nintendo related choices.

But that being said I don't know what the odds are of that happening.

KidHellion

Smash Apprentice
Classic FF was on Nintendo, too. But frankly, I don't want anybody from FF7 or anybody who hangs out with Disney characters in Brawl. That's just how I roll.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'd want Terra in SSBB. I've always loved her design and I believe there's enough they could pull from FFVI to make her a fun, unique character.

In terms of other SE characters, I believe Dragon Quest has a decent chance for representation. I love KH to death, so I wouldn't mind Sora to be in either. I'd also love to see Crono make a comeback probably more than any other SE character. Hmm...SE should make their own all-star fighting game someday. That'd be cool...@.@

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Okay, well one word comes to mind when I hear anything about Final Fantasy characters in Brawl. Swords. Every main character in Final Fantasy or any game made by square enix that I can think of right now uses a sword. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. But when you look at smash bros, there are already about 4 swordsman. Now once metaknight and pit join, there will be six. Now say a new fire emblem guy gets in, chances are he'll be a sword wielder. So that's 7. Maybe give ganondorf a sword this time. 8. Oh and Zelda, 9. Actually, I guess pit kind of doesn't count so 8 and a 1/2. Ultimately, I don't want Smash Bros to become a weapons game a la Soul Calibur. Soul Calibur has their thing and Smash has its own.

"Maybe they won't put in a main character?" Well, think about this. Square...conceited. They have many parts of the media in their studios at the moment and they will stop at nothing to milk their characters for all they are worth. Cloud's been in almost everything, including a full length movie. If anyone I would like to see from that side came over. It'd have to be Sora. He does indeed have a sword as well, but I can see him fitting in well with the rest of the cast this time around.

But, I must say it's a novel idea. I would like to see a 3d version of Locke in brawl. He's a pretty cool guy. A bad *** actually. Anyways, that's my two cents on this issue.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Can you say, dream match of the decade? Link vs. Cloud anyone? I definately want to see who's the better blonde-haired swordsman.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
They should use an iconic Final Fantasy character. One that would do a better job to represent the series as a whole, not just one single game in a series that has many games. They'll only get one FF character into Smash at most, after all.

I vote Black Mage or Moogle/Mog, myself.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
No Playstation era and beyond FF characters. Why? Because. Despite their popularity, they don't ring "nintendo."

Like it or not, Snake did appear on quite a few Nintendo consoles. Characters like Cloud or Tidus hardly any, if that.

The best bets are clearly anybody from 6 and before that, or characters from games like Tactics Advance. If anything, my money's on a generic, though. A Moogle, a Black Mage, a Ninja, a Chocobo... those are far far FAR more likely than anybody from 7 and on.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... I wonder how good of a Yoshi clone a chocobo could make. Trying to picture it is absolute hilarity (but also adorable!)

...they need to make a Chocobo an alternate costume change for Yoshi at the very least! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom