• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy, First Game Only!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I searched and only found FF threads focusing on the newer titles. And something tells me posting in them now would not only just be reviving old topics, but would probably be dismissed as more "EYE LUFF CLOUDZ!" bull. This is strictly about the original classes in the first FF game.

Possibilities would be.

Fighter/Warrior
Redmage/Red Wizard
Blackmage/Black Wizard
Whitemage/White Wizard
Thief/Ninja
Blackbelt/Monk

I know they seem sort of generic, but the movesets write themselves. They were originally on the NES and have recently been remade for the GBA. Fighter, Blackmage and Whitemage were just used in the latest Mario Basketball game. Seems odd to randomly throw three dead characters into a random Mario title. So why not Brawl?

There's a massive FF fanbase, and seeing as it all started on the NES as Squaresoft's plea for one last chance then why not?

Again I'm pretty sure this thread exists or did exist. But I couldn't find a FF1 exclusive thread, and in all honesty it's pretty messed up that it's nearly impossible to talk Final Fantasy without getting into the newer titles and the characters in them.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, but there are FAR more deserving characters than generic character types, especially considering the EXTREMELY limited space available to third party character (1-2 more currently expected).

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I really don't see how this is so farfetched. While I doubt it will happen as Deathborne has stated there being limited space, I think the original characters from Final Fantasy One would be a fine fit.

And to the "character types" arguement, that is no longer the case. Nintendo has gained the rights to use those characters just recently. And in the process they personified them. They are now actual characters, not just class types.

I don't see why they wouldn't use them if they are going to start using them in their sports titles.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Honestly, that's not a bad idea. o.o I would love to see Black mage, though I do see the need to point out the other third parties around. Sonic is a must, as for the other slot, it's a tie between Rayman and Black mage in my opinion, and i'd prefer to see either of those 2 rather than any other third party.

*Unless Konami gives them Soma Cruz, or Squenix hands them Geno*

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
this would be nice, but there are far better third party characters that could/should be put into the game before them

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I do disagree though about there being others that are more deserving. These characters are the forefronters of one of the most famous franchises of all time, and it's time to remind people who gave Square their big break. As far as gaming history is concerned, there's few that even compare to the original Final Fantasy.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
It is an interesting idea. Final Fantasy fans would be satisfied that they get a character, yet, at the same time, Nintendo fans are happy that it's not Cloud or Sephiroth.

Still, if Square was going to offer a character for Brawl, I would much rather see Crono.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
It is an interesting idea. Final Fantasy fans would be satisfied that they get a character, yet, at the same time, Nintendo fans are happy that it's not Cloud or Sephiroth.

Still, if Square was going to offer a character for Brawl, I would much rather see Crono.
Looks like someone had thier head where the sun don't shine before they read the title.

:O Fighter for brawl!
I'd so main a Square character.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Aw be nice Zeee.

Anyway all I really know is that Nintendo has gone through the trouble of having Square redesign their characters for a Nintendo titles. I would think they are very very likely candidates for Brawl, not so sure why people think it'se not possible.

T-major

Smash Champion
in my opinion, it's not totaly farfetched. the chances are low, but not impossible (not even a bad idea; as long it was limited to FF1). in fact, taking Final Fantasy's popularity into concideration; it would acualy make sense to include at the very least, an item from FF in brawl.

I personaly would like to see Red Mage in Brawl. one, he mainly uses a rapier; which would work different from a regular sword (which people seem to have a problem with for no reason at all). and two, he can use both black and white magic; which gives a him lot of unique move set possibilities.

but I digress; the most likely Square character that could get in Brawl is Geno, or maybe Crono (I personaly would wan't Frog insted of Crono; but I don't think that would happen); but an FF1 character wouldn't hurt.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Final Fantasy 1? Man, that game was wayyyy before my time. Probably before I was brought into this world. I don't even know who's on the game even though a superninja would be pretty cool.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Final Fantasy 1? Man, that game was wayyyy before my time. Probably before I was brought into this world. I don't even know who's on the game even though a superninja would be pretty cool.
Fighter, Black Mage, White Mage, Red Mage, Thief and Monk. Good game though, very fun, very challenging too.

Top Bottom