• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Feedback for low level player, please!

underpowered

Smash Cadet
I'm old and not very good. I play Smash like once every week or two, have since 3DS. I think my WiiU told me the other day I'd played 4k battles? Something like that.

Anyhow, I usually just play my friend (online) and once in a blue moon I'll go on For Glory but not that much. I think I've gotten better but it's hard to tell. I feel my spacing is better because it's not just shielding dashing and spot dodging.

I have some obvious bad habits: spot dodging too much, panic side-b and down smash, sluggish recovery because of my nervousness around up-b, etc, but it would be fun to get some other comments about things I can improve.

I'd love to spend the time to learn the footstool setups and all that but I'm old and don't have that much time. :)

These are all played online, recently.

Here's an Omega game.
Here's a Town and City game.
Here's me getting 2 stocked.
Here's me two stocking my friend.

I won about 70% of the games this night, I'm generally learning more, I think, than he is, but he's generally better at video games than I am, ironically.

Last edited:

underpowered

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah the fair hitbox IS really weird, it's just that it's tempting to use because because it has great knockback, but I need to not do it against grounded opponents, you're right.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah the fair hitbox IS really weird, it's just that it's tempting to use because because it has great knockback, but I need to not do it against grounded opponents, you're right.
Pit has a lot of problems with hitboxes in general. Nair, if you try to space it, give the opponent a nice haircut and a back massage instead of actually hitting them. It's really dumb.

Top Bottom