• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 8, 2014] CRESCENDO! [melee] (Austin, TX)

MT_

Smash Ace
This event will be held in Gamerz Galaxy in the Hancock Center. There's a coffee house, a buffalo wing restaurant, an HEB, Wendy's, Freebirds, et cetera, within walking distance of the venue. There will be free play before the tournament starts and maybe after (depending on how efficient the tournament runs).

RULES

1v1
Four-stocks
8-minute timer
Items are set to OFF
Best of 3 Matches (Winners, Losers, and Grand finals Bo5)*
Double-Blind Character Selection
Initial stage determined by stage striking! Ask a TO for further details.
Repeat after every match: Loser picks stage (as detailed below), winner chooses character, loser chooses character
Subsequent matches on the losing player's choosing from Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland, Pokemon Stadium, or any stage that both players can agree to (cannot choose stage you already won on, unless your opponent agrees).

2v2
Same as 1v1. but replace the counterpick stage Fountain of Dreams with Kongo Jungle 64

ADDITIONAL RULES
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptable moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
No controller modification
Being 5 minutes late to a match after being called means you forfeit that match, after 5 more minutes you forfeit the set.
Don't disrupt your opponent mid-match (what is considered 'disruption' is at my discretion and I will more than likely side with your opponent on such a matter)

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER IF POSSIBLE
IF YOU HAVE COPIES OF THE GAMES OR CONSOLES BRING THAT PLZ (I'll identify and oversee every one's belongings)

SCHEDULE
1:00 doors open, registration begins
1:45 2v2 registration closes
2:00 2v2 begins
2:45 1v1 registration closes
3:00 1v1 begins
7:00 cleanup

ENTREE FEE
$5 for singles
$5 per person for teams ($10 per team)

PAYOUTS
1v1:
1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%

2v2:
1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%

RedGamer

Smash Ace
yep. I think SA's gonna rep again. this time WE HAVE POGO!!! *declares automatic victory because we have pogo* austin where you at?

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
Hey Red, the only tournaments south I could possibly ever go to are the tournaments in SA, so I'll try to go to Nike's tournament instead if I happen to go visit SA that weekend. You were at DIME 7, right? I don't remember you.

Nike.

Smash Hero
You could always carpool with the SA players to Austin if you want. Though we've got so many ppl interested that we're currently looking for more drivers

RedGamer

Smash Ace
bumping for hype. we're all meeting up on friday night and carpooling to austin with around 2-3 carpools. dude. SA has stepped all the way up.

Mow

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5026-4763-0850
I might as well come, I am new to smashboards so I am prepared to get bopped hard. I may know a guy or two there tho since I've played a lot at anime conventions in the austin area. I really have no idea how good the people there will be, I might be able to sneak a few wins or just lose to everyone.

MT_

Smash Ace
Reminder to everyone that this is tomorrow! We will need people to volunteer to bring setups (wii/gc & melee) so we can get everything running smoothly. There should be plenty of TVs but feel free to bring those too if you want just in case. Remember there's no venue fee, but feel free to support the store allowing us to run the tournament there for no charge by buying something from them! See everyone tomorrow.

Top Bottom