• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Anvil Smash

Anvil Smash
Posted by dunham
The Forge
Sunday, February 7, 2016 - 11:00 AM
Until: Sunday, February 7, 2016 - 08:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

dunham

Smash Apprentice
NNID
dunhamcw
This is Virginia’s premiere Smash 4 event!
-
Come join fellow players who have traveled across the state to test their skills against Virginia's best. We have had as many as 45 entrants and are only continuing to grow!

Schedule:
11 AM Doors Open
1:00 PM Smash 4 Doubles Start
3:00 PM Smash 4 Singles Start

Entry:
$10 Per Team (Doubles)
$5 Entry
$5 Venue

Pot Split:
Smash 4:
39 entrants or less: 60/30/10
40 entrants or more: 50/27/13/5
64 or entrants and up: 50/24/10/8/4/4
Doubles: 60/30/10 as long as 10 teams

---------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a Wii U plus monitor we can always use more for the tournament. We currently have 2 Wii U's plus Smash 4 at the Venue. One of which will be the Stream setup.

SETUPS NEED TO HAVE ALL DLC CHARACTERS AND DREAM LAND!

All controller types are welcome. If you have a wireless controller, please make sure it is not synced once you are done playing. If you have a Wii Mote, please take a battery out when you are not at a setup! Consistent gameplay interruptions may cause DQ.

IF YOUR MATCH IS CALLED AND THE MATCH HAS NOT STARTED WITHIN 10 MINUTES WHOMEVER IS NOT THERE AT THAT PRESENT MOMENT WILL BE SENT TO LOSERS AND/OR ELIMINATED. IF YOU ARE PLAYING CASUALS AND NOT IMMEDIATELY STOPPING TO PLAY YOUR MATCH THIS TIMER APPLIES AS WELL. IF NEITHER PLAYER IS PRESENT A COIN WILL BE TOSSED. MAY THE ODDS FOREVER BE IN YOUR FAVOR.
Rule set:
Smash WII U -

Singles:

• Stock and time are set to 2 stock and 6 minutes for Singles
  • Stock and time are set to 3 stock and 8 minutes for Doubles
  • Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have 1111 Mii Brawlers/Swordsmen/Gunners available for use (Using Default A-F standard size Miis provided on console). No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not allowed to transfer existing Miis to a setup.
  • Custom Fighters are set to off
  • All DLC characters are legal
  • Best 2/3
  • Top 8 is 3 out of 5 sets. If coming from losers bracket you must win two sets of 3 out of 5 to win.Team Attack is on, and you are allowed to share stocks
  • Damage ratio 1.0
  • Items off
  • If time runs out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percentage.
  • If both stock and percentage are identical, or a game ends with both players being KO'd simultaneously, then a tiebreaker is played. A tiebreakers is a 1 stock, 3 minute match with the same characters and the same stage.
  • All people are responsible for their own control scheme/name tag and must make sure it is set before the match begins. Both players must agree to restart a match on account of a controller problem.
  • Stalling is banned. (Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling.)
  • Extending an infinite lock/combo/chain above 300% is considered stalling.
  • Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
Starter Stages (Bans 1-2-1):
  • Battlefield (Miiverse) **
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Dreamland 64
  • Town & City

Counterpick Stages (1 bans):
  • Duck Hunt
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Omega Stages:

* Treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is banned, Omega Stages are banned and vice versa.

** If Battlefield is banned, Miiverse in turn is banned as well. Both stages treated as one and the same. Miiverse is unplayable for 3DS users which only gives the option of Battlefield.
  • Stage Clause: A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set.
  • Team Colors: Players’ character colors must match their team's color when possible, to avoid confusion (ex: Luigi on the green team must use the green costume).
  • All controllers are acceptable for this event.
  • Gentleman’s Clause: In the case where both players agree to play on a banned stage , then it is legal to play on for that set.
  • If a match ends with a player using Bowsercide or Ganon's Flame Choke the win will go to the initiator of the move.

STAGE SELECTION:
  1. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
  2. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or first Stage Strike
  3. Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
  4. The players play the first match of the set
  5. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick.
  6. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
  7. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  9. The next match is played

Food Nearby:
Bonchon - Literally Next Door
Popeyes - in the parking lot
Bellacino's(Pizza) - next door as well
WaWA - across the street
Red Lobster - Across the Street
Buzz and Ned's (BBQ) - up the street towards Parham

Presented and Organized by:

Media Info
http://twitch.tv/rvaforge - Stream
http://twitter.com/dunhamgaming - Streamer Twitter
http://youtube.com/dunhamgaming - VODs
http://twitter.com/rvaforge - Store's twitter

Don-e

Smash Rookie
How good are the people that go to this tournament, generally speaking?

dunham

Smash Apprentice
NNID
dunhamcw
How good are the people that go to this tournament, generally speaking?
It varies. We have some that are still newer at the game and not so great and then we have some participants that more recently got top 20 at Smash Con.

Krow-nando

Smash Rookie
Hey. I've been looking for smash tournaments in my area, and this looks pretty cool, but the times I could come do this are pretty limited. How often do you guys hold this tournament?

dunham

Smash Apprentice
NNID
dunhamcw
This is held every Sunday minus this Sunday due to weather. Next one will be on the 31st.

Cam Coopa

Smash Rookie
NNID
2ndplayerCAM
Is there going to be an event tommorow (March 6th) This is my first tournament and I've really wanted to go.

Spagetitony

Smash Rookie
And just one more question. This is my first time I might be going to a tournament and I'm not really sure what name tags are. Do you mean like our nickname on the game or what?

Klazker

Smash Rookie
Some friends and I want to go to the tournament. I also have a wii u w/ all the dlc stages and characters and a monitor that i could bring. When is the best to arrive and register in time for pools and is it possible to do both doubles and singles?

Top Bottom