• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 14, 2015] Smash Attack Thursdays (Chicago, IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m00n__kid

melee maniac
IMPORTANT VENUE CHANGE THIS WEEK! Due to special circumstances, this week the event will be held at Mad River at 2909 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, IL 60657
FB event page here:
https://m.facebook.com/events/868085233233462?acontext={"ref":3}&aref=3&ref=bookmark The next event will be on Thursday, February 26th, beginning around 7 PM.
Because attendance was so solid last week and we had the hype for it, we will be leaping into tournaments with a venue fee of $5 which gives you the opportunity to sign up for as many of the tournaments as you like and to free play all night. $5 entry free per bracket you enter into. Visitors must pay the venue fee as well but can free play on open setups the whole night. Please bring setups, tv's for discounted venue or entry fees, and please bring your friends for amplified enjoyment. There will be cash prize payouts to the winners and soon we will be offering gift cards to Kanela as well.
Every week the tournament is live streamed by Events2compete (E2C) staff/competitors on http://twitch.tv/events2compete. Even if you don't come out to compete, tune in to twitch to watch live matches and competitor interviews throughout the evening!
I will be running the bar with my co-bartender and fellow smasher, Scott. The bar will be completely open including everything from juices and smoothies to coffee and espresso drinks and even beer and cocktails. Please come out and lets have another great evening of smash!

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
No promises, but I'd like to come to this thing some time. It's an hour away, but it's like 95% on Rt. 90 so at least it will be an easy drive.

I've got a Wii with Bootmii (so it doesn't need a sensor bar or Wiimotes) and PM on a tiny USB drive, so it's easy to transport. No spare TVs, though.

m00n__kid

melee maniac
@ Cruecial Cruecial nah its been scheduled to start next week the whole time. im sorry dood ive had a lot of people ask me about it for tonight but i couldnt get the venue until next week :/ just one more week

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
If I can get a ride from someone, I'll definitely will be there! There are so many new names on this thread I have never heard of.

PK Thor

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThunderThor77
3DS FC
3952-7499-7247
I'd go for Smash 4 but I would only be able to bring a Wii U setup and not a TV

m00n__kid

melee maniac
alright guys sorry I've been away too long.
No promises, but I'd like to come to this thing some time. It's an hour away, but it's like 95% on Rt. 90 so at least it will be an easy drive.
I've got a Wii with Bootmii (so it doesn't need a sensor bar or Wiimotes) and PM on a tiny USB drive, so it's easy to transport. No spare TVs, though.
yes @ 9bit 9bit plz come. we have at least one hdtv confirmed for wii u we just need a setup.
I live out in Deerfield, which is north from here to Lake View.
@ CHOMPY CHOMPY i might know of someone driving from glenview, would you be interested in trying to carpool if its a possibility?

Is anyone gonna bring a Wii U?
@ Cantconnect Cantconnect i don't have any confirmed yet, but i do have an hdtv for it, i just need the setup.
I can bring a melee setup if you need it.
yes plz @ ChoiBoi92 ChoiBoi92 . seriously guys all setups are more than welcome. I'm not sure how many crt tvs we will have but the more setups the better, just in case.
I'd go for Smash 4 but I would only be able to bring a Wii U setup and not a TV
@ PK Thor PK Thor that would be great man.
Is this a for sure thing? Like, people are going to be there, right?
@ B BananaMilk YES. this is absolutely a thing. i just don't know what to expect for size yet. I've got a solid 15-20 casual smashers from the restaurant that will be there for sure. but i just can't get a solid estimate on the number of competitive community members that will show up because of the posts here on smashboards and reddit.hope to see you all tomorrow!

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
One more question. Will there be prize money where each player pitches in $5 or $10, or is this going to be friendlies?

m00n__kid

melee maniac
One more question. Will there be prize money where each player pitches in $5 or $10, or is this going to be friendlies?
because this is our opening night of a weekly event and we have the venue to ourselves all night, we planned on having it simply be an open smash fest with no formal venue fee or entry fee so that we could let people play friendlies and money matches and meet new smashers in the area. Once we can get a handle on our base turnout and such, we will have a more formal tournament with prize money and so on. That being said, if a group wants to get together and make a small pot tourney tomorrow night like you are saying, it is more than invited!

LINKaTINK

Smash Cadet
This is great...if my other plans fall through I will make it for melee. Chicago scene ain't no joke.

Ultra_(MQJ3)

Smash Cadet
NNID
WALI78
3DS FC
3368-2165-5005
If this holds true to becoming a weekly event, I will be able to attend in the future and offer a full Wii-U setup as soon as I get a hold of a a GC controller adapter.

Last edited:

doyouknowbobby

Smash Rookie
NNID
doyouknowbobby
3DS FC
2337-4532-3605
I will try to make it. I can bring a Wii U but have no TV/monitor to contribute

PLAYING ON THE GAMEPAD

m00n__kid

melee maniac
guys right now we have 4 crt tvs and one hd tv for smash 4 confirmed. turnout is looking good but any and all extra tvs would be great

Cantconnect

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0920-1974-4176
I don't have a GC controller, I'll just use my 3DS as a controller for sm4sh

Peesh

Smash Rookie
I may come tonight. This still on?

Never mind, I just saw that m00n__kid replied today. See you later! =)

Last edited:

PK Thor

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThunderThor77
3DS FC
3952-7499-7247
Someone let me know how the turnout was and how many setups for Smash 4 there were.

Toad King

Smash Rookie
NNID
ToadKing
There were three Sm4sh setups, but one of them had to leave early. Enough HDTVs were brought for up to 4.

Tournament was a blast, will totally go again!

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
I'll definitely try heading out to one of these in the next few weeks. It's good to see more events actually in Chicago.

m00n__kid

melee maniac
This is the second event in a weekly smash tourney on Thursday evenings at Kanela Breakfast Club in the Lakeview neighborhood of Chicago right off the Belmont stop on the Red Line. FB event page here: https://m.facebook.com/events/868085233233462?acontext={"ref":3}&aref=3&ref=bookmark The next event will be on Thursday, February 26th, beginning around 7 PM.
Because attendance was so solid last week and we had the hype for it, we will be leaping into tournaments with a venue fee of $5 which gives you the opportunity to sign up for as many of the tournaments as you like and to free play all night. $5 entry free per bracket you enter into. Visitors must pay the venue fee as well but can free play on open setups the whole night. Please bring setups, tv's for discounted venue or entry fees, and please bring your friends for amplified enjoyment. There will be cash prize payouts to the winners and soon we will be offering gift cards to Kanela as well.
Every week the tournament is live streamed by Events2compete (E2C) staff/competitors on http://twitch.tv/events2compete. Even if you don't come out to compete, tune in to twitch to watch live matches and competitor interviews throughout the evening!
I will be running the bar again with my co-bartender and fellow smasher, Scott. The bar will be completely open including everything from juices and smoothies to coffee and espresso drinks and even beer and cocktails. Please come out and lets have another great evening of smash!

HerbSuperb

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4313-1409-4860
Glad this is working out @ m00n__kid m00n__kid . I would be showing up every thursday if I wasn't in school in Wisco. I'll be back in chi soon so I could could come the 12th if it's happening every thursday

2MuchDog

Smash Rookie
Is this double elimination, are there friendlies from opening to 7:30, and do you get a discount for bring gamecube adapters and extra controllers?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom