• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 19, 2015] Rubber Town Monthlies: A Super Smash Bros Melee and... (North Canton, Ohio)

CocoThunder

Smash Cadet

Cody Warnes presents the University of Akron monthly smash tournament "Rubber Town Monthlies" which will be held at Freedom Gaming in North Canton, OH.
The rules for Melee will follow the Apex 2015 ruleset.
PM ruleset: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o0mWRZRSPJqJu4E-7GNVIwWzvnd4PPAvSqkw9kHSYLU/edit?usp=sharing

This will be the LAST Rubber Town Monthly. It will be replaced with a biweekly that will be at the same venue as this tournament. There will be more info out on that later.

For more info on this tournament, follow this link.
If you would like to join the Facebook group, click here.

Last edited:

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Sorry man. One more question. Is they're any entry fee as well?
It say 1$ both venue and entry beegs. Learn to read :p

Anyways, I'll do my best to come this coming week! Definitely can't stay the entire time since it's a thursday but it sounds like it'll be fun still!

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I just got around to setting up and playing project m yesterday for the first time so i'm still a scrub. I'll show up to the next one with my 3ds and the new smash.

CocoThunder

Smash Cadet
I just got around to setting up and playing project m yesterday for the first time so i'm still a scrub. I'll show up to the next one with my 3ds and the new smash.
That would be awesome dude. Hopefully there are enough people there that are interested in PM.

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Oh this is tonight? Damn I was hoping it would be the week after big house. I'm gonna be helping PB with the Gamestop Smash stuff

Reiign

Smash Cadet
Hope that this continues for a while, might be going to UA next fall

Reiign

Smash Cadet
Speaking of UA, do you really like the campus? I haven't had the chance to go there, and I don't know anyone who has.

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
I swear to god I will be at the November one haha. Post in to main group like a week ahead of it so more people know!

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
I have no plans that day so far. haha. I'm putting it in my phone now. I'll try to get kent to go.

OreoKirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
OreoKirby01
3DS FC
1204-0162-2881
ey d00ds,

I was wondering for the Nov 6 Tourney if anyone was heading there from around the Youngstown area, or passing through it? I live in Canfield which is about 15 mins from Youngstown, but I don't think I'll be able to get my own ride which sucks because this is one of the Tournaments that's actually only 50 mins away. Most of them are like over an hour which sucks, haha. I was also wondering if that day it would be PM or Smash 4?

CocoThunder

Smash Cadet
ey d00ds,

I was wondering for the Nov 6 Tourney if anyone was heading there from around the Youngstown area, or passing through it? I live in Canfield which is about 15 mins from Youngstown, but I don't think I'll be able to get my own ride which sucks because this is one of the Tournaments that's actually only 50 mins away. Most of them are like over an hour which sucks, haha. I was also wondering if that day it would be PM or Smash 4?
Get this man a ride people! Also, it will be Smash 4 this time. We might do PM next time depending on what people want.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Woot, I should be there with a few fellow akronites. I actually host Thursday smashfests at my house so on weeks without tournaments you guys should come over and play. I'll be arriving probably around 6:30 or 7:00 though, is that okay?

Last edited:

colinies

Smash Cadet
NNID
CoLiNieS
Im hoping to be there, i'll put my likely hood at about 80%. I also have a 3DS w/ Capture Card and a decently sized twitch (Wont let me post link, just search "colin92441" on Twitch) if we were to have a stream. Hope to see a good turnout :D

CocoThunder

Smash Cadet
Im hoping to be there, i'll put my likely hood at about 80%. I also have a 3DS w/ Capture Card and a decently sized twitch (Wont let me post link, just search "colin92441" on Twitch) if we were to have a stream. Hope to see a good turnout :D
That would be great! There will hopefully be a lot of people this time around. Also, I hope that you can handle the **** talk that you'll be hearing.

CatchJ

Smash Rookie
I'd be interested in coming, I'm a freshman at Akron, never really been to any tournaments but I'd like to start

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Yo, coco, how early are we cool to get here? I might come straight after work since I'll be in twinsburg. We could get some friendlies in or something.

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
It it helps at all with anything, i can bring a setup minus TV, cause i can't lug it around with me. But for Melee stuff, i can bring a cube and game if it helps at all.

Top Bottom