• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon's Dilemia: The Official F-Zero Villain/Rival Thread

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
It's ya boy Shade here comin at ya with yet another poppin thread. I know I can speak for all Captain Falcon fans when I say "He's comin back to Brawl with some vengenance!" After 2 consecutive Smash appearances he's without a doubt proved himself. However, he will fill out of place without some.....company. Let us ponder this for a sec. you mean to tell me that our favorite bounty hunter (Yeah guys Falcon owns Samus)/ racer is lonely on Smash 64 & Melee. Nonsense! So, that's the point of this topic: Who's going to accompany Falcon when Brawl makes a gaming impact later on this year? Don't know about you guys, but I think only villains/rivals can solve this equation

Will it be.....

Deathborn? It would be interesting to see what he can do off the track....

Samurai Goroh? Definately, we need more swordsmen! Heck, we've seen him as a trophie on Melee, so why not let him fight in Brawl?

Bio-Rex? I'm for him! Besides, Yoshi is making dinosaurs look harmless. Bio-Rex should represent the Mesozoic Era, not Yoshi!

Blood Falcon? I want to see him in action, but not as a Falcon's clothing. Hint hint-Red Outfit for Captain Falcon on Melee.

Black Shadow? I would love to see what Sakurai can do with this guys moveset! He'd be off the chain since he's Falcon's central arch-nemesis.

And the best for last.........

Phoenix! He's my favorite ever since he's made his appearance on F-Zero GX! He just looks so tight baby!

Who do you think should join Falcon in Brawl? Is it someone from this list or is it another F-Zero pilot that you want? Ladies & Gentlemen, posts your comments here!

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna vote for Samurai Goroh (who seems to be Falcons rival, and has been around since day 1), or Black Bull.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Good point bro, along with Falcon, Pico, & Dr. Stewart, Goroh's been around since the SNES days. I'd say he's the most deserving, but not the most popular. I mean, c'mon people, who drives a pink vehicle?

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
Deathborn....

I mean I like Goroh and all it's just that we already have more swordsman than we need.
(Link, Mediknight, Pit, Marth who will be returning, and perhaps a few more). He'd be my choice if they add no more swordsman.

Shadow reminds me off Batman so no... Phoenix and Blood Falcon would end up being a clone of CF (actually Blood is literally CF's clone)... No one cares about Bio-Rex...

Deathborn. He has a cool name, a cool outfit, mindpowers, is a super-evil-villian (of which Brawl should have more of), and will give the F-Zero a stronger prescence in Brawl.

Edit: Yeah, Goroh probably has the more right to it, but some fans of the Fire Emblem series thought Marth didn't deserve to be in SSBM.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
lol...a REAL man would.

Goroh Reasons to be in Brawl:
1. Has been around since the beginning
2. Had his own Chapter in F-Zero GX
3. Appeared in Melee in the beginning and as a trophy

If I was able to pick anyone from the F-Zero series to be in Brawl, it'd be Pico, but unforntunately it's not upto me =/

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Deathborn....

Shadow reminds me off Batman so no... Phoenix and Blood Falcon would end up being a clone of CF (actually Blood is literally CF's clone)... No one cares about Bio-Rex...

Deathborn. He has a cool name, a cool outfit, mindpowers, is a super-evil-villian (of which Brawl should have more of), and will give the F-Zero a stronger prescence in Brawl.
Black Shadow so reminds me of the Dark Knight as well, but you've gotta admit it he looks chill baby.

As for Deathborn, he's new, he owns Shadow, & his Dark Schinder is nothin nice (on wikipedia it states that if you enter the cockpit and you're not Deathborn a hidden compartement will inject you with countless needles with a deadly poison). Hmmm....maybe he'll make the cut. Here's hoping!

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Pico would be immensely interesting. So would Dr. Stewart (no way would I want him in mind you), but I'm sure Sakurai will make a choice the fans will like.

Oh, and in advance anyone who posts in this thread saying anything correlating to "But, you don't know if CF is in Brawl.", fails at life. C. Falcon will be in Brawl. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Pico would so own anyone who uses a projectile on Brawl (his ending on GX says it all!)

I agree with you Kroy, anyone who says Falcon isn't in Brawl has lost the little common sense they have left.

I welcome all Falcon haters out there. I love a good debate!

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
As many others already said, Goroh is most deserving to be in and i have always looked him to be Captains main rival. Deathborn looks interesting because he is maybe most none Falcon clone (Well Goroh but i already mentioned him)

T-major

Smash Champion
I mean I like Goroh and all it's just that we already have more swordsman than we need.
(Link, Mediknight, Pit, Marth who will be returning, and perhaps a few more). He'd be my choice if they add no more swordsman.
ok, I'm going on the record and saying that people who think we have too many swords have no common sense. we have TWO! Meta Knight and Link (Pit uses daggers, not swords.) thats hardly any at all! and are you even awear of how many people use there hands to fight? a hell of a lot more then swords users! if anything, we need MORE swords.

anyways, I don't playu F-Zero, but I'm saying Samurai Goroh. one, he's the only character that dosn't look stupid. two, he's deserving because he's been in since the begining, and is Falcon's rival. and three, he wouldn't use his fists. which is good because we already have more fist fighters then we need.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't know alot about F Zero, if nothing at all... But I'd like Black Shadow to be in Brawl, with Ganondorf's old moveset... Maybe more modified. So that the current Ganondorf players who won't play Ganon with his new moveset are still happy.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
So...you want Black Shadow to be a CF clone? Sorry...but I don't think there are gonna be any more clones...

Wrath`

Smash Master
I think samiria ghoru and leon the wolf dude should be in it
But definetly ghoru:monkey: :rocket:
Kill monky

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I would vote for Deathborn. He reeks of pure badness.....and that's just awesome.

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Kenny brings up a good point. Why wouldn't there be 2 additional charies to accompany CF. I'd say F-Zero more than deserves it. I mean it's been around longer than Fire Emblem (which'll most likely have atleast 2 charies). Of course that doesn't stop the who gets in debate.

Deathborn, for new-school fans of F-Zero ( Plenty other fun/worthy charies here)

Goroh and Cf, for the old-school fans of F-Zero (Can't say a whole lot of charies could levy for this position)

T-major

Smash Champion
Kenny brings up a good point. Why wouldn't there be 2 additional charies to accompany CF. I'd say F-Zero more than deserves it. I mean it's been around longer than Fire Emblem (which'll most likely have atleast 2 charies). Of course that doesn't stop the who gets in debate.

OBJECTION!!!!

Fire Emblem was around since NES, while F-Zero has been around only since SNES. FE is a whole system generation older then F-Zero.

T-major

Smash Champion
OH MY GOD!! I didn't know about this! thanks for pointing this out.

but back on topic. like I said, I havn't played F-Zero (currently looking for F-Zero GX), so I'm just goin by what I've heard. I know that Samurai Goroh has been part of F-0 from the begining, so that should bump his chances up a bit if you ask me.

::EDIT::

To get back on topic, do you think F-Zero has the fanbase to support a 3 character prescence in Brawl?
well, I know it's not as popular and well known as others, but it's popular, and important enough to Nintendos history to inculde at least two characters, counting C. Falcon.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
i think C falcon should get 2 new characters. me personally i like Jody Summers, we need a galaxy cop person. lol. but seriously Samurai would be the best bet. and if they put another one it would be deathborn. he's just diabolical looking and would be a good bad guy.in melee bowser doesnt scream evil to me. or mewtwo. only ganondorf.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'd love to see Pico in Brawl. He just seems, to me, to be a character perfectly suited for fighting in SSB. The fact that he's one of the original 4 racers is just a bonus.

I'd also actually like to see Black Shadow with Ganondorf's current moveset. Clones shouldn't take up spaces for non-clone characters, but they're put in as afterthoughts when the designers are out of time to make fully new characters. I'd rather have 35 original characters plus 5 clones than just 35 characters.

Aaaaaanyway... Deathborn would be an awesome addition as well. Bio-Rex is too obscure, though still awesome.

As for Goroh... I just can't see him in Smash. It might be because he's so fat, I can't imagine him doing backflips and swinging his sword around, and rolling, and being picked up by Pikachu. :laugh: Of course, despite that, he has the best chance by far of all these characters, and I'm sure it'll work out if they do decide to put him in.

T-major

Smash Champion
As for Goroh... I just can't see him in Smash. It might be because he's so fat, I can't imagine him doing backflips and swinging his sword around, and rolling, and being picked up by Pikachu. :laugh: Of course, despite that, he has the best chance by far of all these characters, and I'm sure it'll work out if they do decide to put him in.
could you see Bowser doing those things? he's just as fat, if not fatter, then Goroh. and remember, Goroh's a samurai. that means he has tohave some sort of combat abilities, wouldn't you think? thats another reason I wan't him in. he would have interesting moves, what with being a fat samurai (which I havn't seen much of.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Samurai Goroh no doubt, he was in the intro on melee, why not be in brawl?
Deathborne and black shadow look like fighters, but deathbornes design is just way more awesome...
Phoenix and bloodfalcon, but look too similair to falcon, dont get me wrong im not sayin they'll be clones, I trust in sakurai, but nah, I think falcon, goroh, deathborne and black shadow will do for Fzero franchise, maybe pheonix, but thats just me...

El HP

Smash Ace
Hard to choose but i will go with Black Shadow he is too cool by the way Rick Wheeler should have been included he has very high chances to appear in brawl.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Let's Go Goroh!

Samurai Goroh for the win. My reasoning:
~~He was Captain Falcon's original rival.
~~He's clearly popular.
~~He's been in many F-Zero games, ever since the beginning as one of four racers. (all except one, but the same thing happened to Falcon!) He clearly has history.
~~There aren't THAT many swordsmen in Brawl- compare the number of swordsmen (ASSUME that all characters in Melee were to hypothetically return) in Melee and Brawl combined to fighters with other styles.
~~ (See above) He could also be given a semi-sword, semi-fist moveset.
~~F-Zero, in short, simply needs more rep.
~~In the opening movie to Melee, we glimpse Goroh and Falcon racing. When first playing the game, some people got hopeful as to having Goroh in Melee... only to have their dreams crushed. Same thing was true for Wolf and Fox. Perhaps Nintendo will make our dreams come true this time? ;)
~~Unless Ganondorf is given a sword in Brawl, or some other new character is introduced, Samurai Goroh would probably stand alone as a heavy-weight swordsman. Uniqueness! CHA!
~~Oh, and he's also my #1 pick for a new Brawler. See the sig. :):)

The only other villain I would accept would be Deathborn. Blood Falcon and Phoenix would merely be clones, Bio Rex lacks importance/popularity, and Black Shadow is just creepy- and not in the cool sense. But Jody Summer probably has the edge over Deathborn.

Great thread, shade. Remind me to +rep you when the features return.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see Gorah, and to have Black Shadow replace Gannondorfs moveset isn't a bad idea eather since Falcon and Gannondorfs movesets are drasticly different, deathborn could be interesting, but I think he is to new for him to be included, but if we have a new F-Zero racer he would be my pick, plus he would have some interesting moves.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Samurai Goroh for the win. My reasoning:
~~He was Captain Falcon's original rival.
~~He's clearly popular.
~~He's been in many F-Zero games, ever since the beginning as one of four racers. (all except one, but the same thing happened to Falcon!) He clearly has history.
~~There aren't THAT many swordsmen in Brawl- compare the number of swordsmen (ASSUME that all characters in Melee were to hypothetically return) in Melee and Brawl combined to fighters with other styles.
~~ (See above) He could also be given a semi-sword, semi-fist moveset.
~~F-Zero, in short, simply needs more rep.
~~In the opening movie to Melee, we glimpse Goroh and Falcon racing. When first playing the game, some people got hopeful as to having Goroh in Melee... only to have their dreams crushed. Same thing was true for Wolf and Fox. Perhaps Nintendo will make our dreams come true this time? ;)
~~Unless Ganondorf is given a sword in Brawl, or some other new character is introduced, Samurai Goroh would probably stand alone as a heavy-weight swordsman. Uniqueness! CHA!
~~Oh, and he's also my #1 pick for a new Brawler. See the sig. :):)

The only other villain I would accept would be Deathborn. Blood Falcon and Phoenix would merely be clones, Bio Rex lacks importance/popularity, and Black Shadow is just creepy- and not in the cool sense. But Jody Summer probably has the edge over Deathborn.

Great thread, shade. Remind me to +rep you when the features return.
I think this is the first sub-thread I have ever layed eyes upon. Amazing! This is without a doubt, a solid arguement (I still want to see my boy Phoenix mix it up in Brawl whether he's a clone or not)

Thanks bro for the complement. I'll plus rep you as well when the feature returns.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i dont really mind what character gets in, because none of them really have anything to have a moveset based around. for c falcon's rival, i think black shadow is the most deserving character. ignore the fact that he wasnt in the first game and the facts are he is c falcons most significant enemy, much more than goroh, which i see as more of a petty obstacle against c falcon. i think phoenix would be a pretty cool character, and he could symbolise all the new characters from f zero gx and all of ax. he is the most popular/important/significant character available new characters. you cant say that he would be a clone. that doesnt make much sense... c falcon had his moveset based around nothing except 1 known move. i understand that blood falcon would be a clone, but how phoenix?
the only thing jody has going for her is the fact that she is a female, and putting her in soley for that reason would clearly be sexist.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I guess the only reason why they say that my boy Phoenix would be a clone is because he looks similar in appearance to Falcon, well helmet wise anyway.

Wrath`

Smash Master
If the got really technical than ghoro could have a moveset with his sword.Then press a button he puts his sword away and then you can have a move set w/out his sword:)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Nah 2 movesets for 1 character wouldnt work, what about if he just uses his katana in some attacks, and powerful punches in others??

posting with my Wii by the way XD...

Top Bottom