• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-air Land Lag reduction.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Since Meta Knight got mostly nerfed in 1.1.5 (-and honestly, I didn't care too much for MK's U-air strings.), I wanted to look at the bright side of things and look into the singular and seemingly minor buff we received. I'm not sure if all of these are new, but I'm mentioning all of these anyhow!

The things I noticed (Tested MK vs MK.):
  • F-air 1 can combo into D-tilt at 0% to roughly 50%
  • F-air 1 starts comboing into Dash at 20%, well into %s where F-air > Dash is basically a shuttle loop KO confirm (120% was the latest % for a 4hit true combo KO I could achieve.).
  • F-air 2 can also combo into D-tilt from 0% well into 100+%s.
  • F-air 2 can confirm into a grab from 0% into %s where U-throw kills.
  • F-air 1 can convert into dash grab from 80% to roughly 140%, at earlier %s, it could be an outright confirm.
  • F-air 3 can combo into dash and convert into dash grab at 0%, both stop at roughly 25%.
Feel free to point out if any of these are old or if these can be improved on. I'm pretty bad at labbing, I admit, so corrections and extra info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Since Meta Knight got mostly nerfed in 1.1.5 (-and honestly, I didn't care too much for MK's U-air strings.), I wanted to look at the bright side of things and look into the singular and seemingly minor buff we received. I'm not sure if all of these are new, but I'm mentioning all of these anyhow!

The things I noticed (Tested MK vs MK.):
  • F-air 1 can combo into D-tilt at 0% to roughly 50%
  • F-air 1 starts comboing into Dash at 20%, well into %s where F-air > Dash is basically a shuttle loop KO confirm (120% was the latest % for a 4hit true combo KO I could achieve.).
  • F-air 2 can also combo into D-tilt from 0% well into 100+%s.
  • F-air 2 can confirm into a grab from 0% into %s where U-throw kills.
  • F-air 1 can convert into dash grab from 80% to roughly 140%, at earlier %s, it could be an outright confirm.
  • F-air 3 can combo into dash and convert into dash grab at 0%, both stop at roughly 25%.
Feel free to point out if any of these are old or if these can be improved on. I'm pretty bad at labbing, I admit, so corrections and extra info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hmm. I've been hearing conflicting info on the new fair. Some ppl are calling it almost completely safe, while others are saying hat this is wrong. What's up with that? Also, are all three hits safe (so can I fastfall after hit 1 and still be safe on shields?)?

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Hmm. I've been hearing conflicting info on the new fair. Some ppl are calling it almost completely safe, while others are saying hat this is wrong. What's up with that? Also, are all three hits safe (so can I fastfall after hit 1 and still be safe on shields?)?
The third hit only does one more frame of shieldstun than the first two. They're all individually weak, so you can't rely on them pushing the defender back much either (more damage means more shield push). It's your spacing that should make the difference, because even characters with tether grabs can manage a shieldgrab on a move that deals this little damage and still has 16 frames of landing lag.

Of course, looking at things only in terms of frame data doesn't stop all the sheiks in the world going unpunished with improper Fairs. If you want to Fair into somebody and mash Dtilt when blocked to continue shield pressure, go for it. Players don't have frame perfect reaction and response timings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom