• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Executing Ike's Auto-Cancels

ShuckleBoard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShuckleBoard
I've been trying trying to learn Ike and I have a good grasp of his spacing and grab game. But I'm struggling to do Ike's auto-cancels on his Fair and Bair. I can't seem to find the sweet spot. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Input F-Air right after your jump. You should auto cancel it. You have to rise with the F-Air to get the auto cancel.

If you input Bair during your short hop you should auto cancel it too, just don't do it on the way to the ground or you'll get lag.

goose32

Smash Cadet
Autocancels are nice, but have limited uses, since you have to start the move at the beginning of the jump to pull it off. If you space is fair correctly, most characters have a hard time immediately punishing it without an auto cancel. If you think about it, it doesn't really save you much time: you have to use the attack in the air on the way up, so you just experience the ending lag of the move until you land again, instead of the landing lag. Landing it on a shield isn't really much different either way; I tend to prefer short hop / fast fall fairs instead of going for the auto cancel. Back air is more useful when autocancelled imo, due to how fast that move comes out.

ShuckleBoard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShuckleBoard
Thanks for the advice! I have found retreating auto cancel Bair to be very safe and a good GTFO me tool.

Top Bottom