• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

eShop/WiiWare/DSiWare Representative

Status
Not open for further replies.

naper84

Smash Rookie
In recent years, download-exclusive games have become a large part of Nintendo's games lineup. Through the WiiU, Wii, 3DS, and DSi stores, they have had many opportunities to experiment with smaller-scale games and newer IPs, to varying degrees of success. Perhaps they'll want to include something to represent this new focus of the company in Super Smash Bros. 4.

My question for this thread is, which character from eshop/WiiWare/DSiWare exclusive titles do you think would work best in Smash? eShop has many choices, such as Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western, the hero from Sakura Samaurai: Art of the Sword, Tempo from HarmoKnight, and Patricia Wagon from Might Switch Force. DSiWare presents some more obscure options, like Spotto, Pyoro, Aura-Aura, or the Kappa from Kappa's Trail. Honestly, I'm kind of spacing on good Wii U/Wii examples at this point.

I'm incredibly biased in favor of Aura-Aura, because I really enjoyed that game, but his character and moveset options would be severely limited. I feel like DSiWare games, like Aura-Aura Climber, could offer a lot of interesting options for assist trophies, but the 3DS eShop has the best selection in terms of characters who would actually work in the context of Smash Bros. Perhaps the best option would be Dillon, since he has two games, a StreetPass puzzle panel, and would have a relatively easy-to-make moveset.

Anyway, post your suggestions for who should represent digital-only Nintendo games! Are there any big ones I forgot, or characters you think would work better than Dillon?

naper84

Smash Rookie
I think that guy is Pyoro. I just found out he's actually from WarioWare first, and his minigame was remade as a DSiWare game later.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
The Shantae sequel was download-only, yeah? She could work, I remember that being pretty popular.

naper84

Smash Rookie
Is Shantae second or third party? I thought I heard something about her next game being multiplat a while back, but I think she'd be a good choice. Malo would be good too since Pushmo is pretty popular.

katastrophic

Smash Cadet
NNID
katastrophic
3DS FC
3308-4726-7643
I think Dillon has the best chance of them all. Malo could maybe be an assist trophy who pulls blocks onto the stage has hazards or something...

On the much less likely side is Shantae, who I'm kind of biased towards. Her moveset wouldn't be very hard to conceive either, but she's a third party character who is relatively unknown in Japan. She does have a DSi and 3DS VC game on the eShop, if it helps.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Pole's Adventure would be great, but he's a third party character (SEGA). Not to mention he's 8-Bit, Japanese-exclusive, and certain abilities may be too inappropriate (one of them involving an erection).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really want a Pushmo/Crashmo stage for the 3DS version.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
remember it wont be a 3rd party representative so i think we can rule out mighty switch force

the one id love to see most is tempo because his games is great however i think mallo (my close second) is more likely cause as far as i can tell his games are the most successful

but i see no reason why at the least tempo, mallo, hana samurai (aka sakura samurai) and dillion cant at least have trophies

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Mallo would be utterly sweet. It would be great if we at least got a Pushmo/Pullblox stage for the 3DS version though....

Dillon or Tempo would be pretty neat too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom