• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ENTER THE HARDBODY

how swagged up is this game right now?

• swag a thousand trillion!!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • swag on a zillion!!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • incalculable amounts of swag

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • enter the hardbody more like enter the swag

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • SWAG OUT!

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • wow! strapped with the swag!

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Ninja'd me Ran.

The reason I believe Kat is simply because this is the type of thing that I would always give the benefit of the doubt on. It didn't even pop into my head that Kat might have been lying.

He wasn't though, correct?

Btw I don't really care to have you actually prove that your internet was down. It would just be a nice thing if you could is all.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
votecount 1.06
not voting (3) - circus soup sworddancer.
circus (1) - nabe
rockin (1) - kary
ranmaru (4) - j kataefi bardull kuz
kary (1) - rockin
kataefi (1) - hilt
sworddancer. (1) - ranmaru
soup (1) - pjb

voting log
soup -> j -> none
pjb -> soup
rockin -> sworddancer. -> kary
j -> circus -> ranmaru
ranmaru -> j -> rockin -> sworddancer.
circus ->
sworddancer. -> j -> none -> ranmaru -> none
nabe -> circus
kuz -> j -> soup -> ranmaru
kataefi -> kuz -> sworddancer. -> ranmaru
hilt -> bardull -> kataefi
kary -> hilt -> rockin
bardull -> kuz -> ranmaru

d1 ends 3/15 11:59:59 pm est

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Actually, wait.

Rockin, Kay voted you in post 100. You have yet to even make a splash in the game. What "explanation" could you possibly be expecting?
I don't know what to expect, but considering the fact he was asking someone (Circus) his opinion about me, there must be some form of info.

The fact that he has yet to even comment still fills me with more dislike from him.

Speaking of dislike, I'm not liking how discussion is starting to slow down. I respect IRL stuff and all, but those that have yet to really comment about the whole thing (Circus, Kary, Nabe) REALLY need to speak up. We still have a bit of time before deadline, but I like to get more discussions flowing plz.

Swords, you explain that you have no one scummy in mind before. Is that still the case here?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Been a little busy with school and building my new computer. I'll more than likely get to this tomorrow or monday.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
What's that? Everybody else is V/LA now? Sounds like a good time to catch up on this game.

Wow, I was gone for like, the first 24hrs and there's already all this content I have to try and sift through. One rather shallow thing I noticed was people asking stuff like how many scum there are?

....there's 3

the setup
  • 3 mafia goons
  • 7 vanilla townies
  • 1 tracker/vigilante
  • 1 hider
  • 1 detective/psychologist
How am I the only one seeing this in the op?
If you're referring to me here, which I think you must be, as I'm the only one that I know of so far who has been openly asking anyone how many scum are in the game, then I'm happy to inform you that you've missed the point entirely, good job.

Related to the above, vote: Kuz

It is absurd that you have ignored me this long. We're halfway through the Day (or something), and I'm not gonna keep acting like I don't think your public scumteam speculation at the beginning of the Day was as fake as my coonskin cap (so fake I don't even have one!). That you have refused to engage me on this on multiple counts tells me I'm on to something. If I'm wrong, prove it to me by telling me what exactly the **** you were actually doing.

P.S. I'm actually totally on board with that psuedo Hider plan as long as we can get everyone to do it. Despite my qualms with you, I'm actually not seeing the downside to that.

Can you elaborate on this?
"this" is referring to my statement that J having a better laid out stance against Ran than Ran does on Rockin isn't necessarily a good thing

My point was basically just that J's immediate leap to something close to case making against Ran may be indicative of defensiveness—a need to create boogeymen quickly so as to divert attention from the true scum. He lays out a read so thoroughly in his 119, full of quality points, but there's an eagerness to it that feels premature. Of course, Ran beating me to the punch on the Rockin read could be indicative of same, but it feels more genuine to me at least, since he doesn't feel the need to shoot straight to post dissection before there are hardly any posts to dissect.

Short version of that is Ran and J both get my sideways eyes for running headlong at scumreads, but I'm calling Ran the more natural looking runner of the two.

The scummiest things I see is Swords and Soup going after each other. I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to think there's a scummer in there, but I wouldn't throw the possibility of TvT out the window either. I think there's something there, but I don't think it'll be useful until later in the game, when more than 2 things have happened.
You were specifically asked to give a clear scum read and you respond with what amounts exactly to fence sitting. What are you doing? You brought up Swords and Soup but don't give a scum read on either one of them.

Circus would later read that Private eventually decides that the Swords/Soup interaction is TvS and that Soup is most likely the S. However, Circus decided to leave this section of his post intact, because he feels that Private's slowness to move is still relevant. Commitment to a read still only occurs with multiple prods and therefore loses value. Soup feels like a scumpick of necessity rather than passion.

PJB I find to be *****footing around doing nothing important. Aren't we all supposed to be scumhunters? Where is his vote and pressure? I don't think he's engaging with his scumspects at all, even if he has any...
Strongly this.

I'm liking Kary/J/Kuz and maybe Nabe. Everyone else is floating around in space :awesome:
Explain this in detail. J and Nabe are not floating around in space for you? How can that be? What do you actually like about Kuz that is townie and not just Kuz being pretty good at mafia? What has anyone ever liked about Kary?

I would like J and Bardull to explain why Ranmaru is the play toDay.

I would like PJB to explain why Soup is the play toDay, and more specifically why Soup v Swords is the most important thing that has happened so far since that's all he can ever talk about when he does talk.

I would like Nabe to, for once in his life, not be able to get by strictly on style. Probably the nullest performance I've seen from him in a mafia game yet, and that is saying something. Get your hands dirty, guy. I don't want to be looking for you over my shoulder this game.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I noticed that I neglected to mention my issue with J also leaving the thread high and dry once the Ran wagon started rolling and really hasn't participated substantively since. Note that I'm not trying to play activity police here, as I'd be playing right into a pot-and-kettle situation if I were. I'm saying that my suspicion that J may have been looking for a quick scapegoat in Ran is bolstered by J not being here (he doesn't need to be; the Ran wagon's rolling, which suits J just fine, so he has no incentive to play a part in the conversation anymore).

#HBC | Dancer

Is this how you feel in every game?
Not necessarily. There are some things that I usually look at for, but this isn't one of them. For this game that thought just popped up into my head and I scribbled it down.

Swords: What alignment were you in KvD?
What alignment were you in B&H?

If someone has no knowledge of either, you can see how the bolded sounds like a summary of the prior sans context, yes? So in other words, I was asking "u scum?"
Town & town. I thought that it was kinda implied after I said "this game and this game and all my scum games." Why would I mention KvD and B&H separately if I was scum in those games?

#HBC | Dancer

I don't know what to expect, but considering the fact he was asking someone (Circus) his opinion about me, there must be some form of info.

The fact that he has yet to even comment still fills me with more dislike from him.

Speaking of dislike, I'm not liking how discussion is starting to slow down. I respect IRL stuff and all, but those that have yet to really comment about the whole thing (Circus, Kary, Nabe) REALLY need to speak up. We still have a bit of time before deadline, but I like to get more discussions flowing plz.

Swords, you explain that you have no one scummy in mind before. Is that still the case here?
Do you really feel though that it was his intention to piggy-back whatever Circus possibly said though?

Also to answer your question, there are a couple players in mind that I want to check out, and will most likely do it later today. Don't want to do it this very minute because it will involve rereading the thread, plus I want to wait for those who I asked questions to to answer them.

So I got vibes, but nothing concrete yet.

Unrelated but . . .

@PJB: Can you go into detail as to what changed your mind about me and Soup being either TvT or SvS? Also, what's making you lean the way you are on Soup? Your 262, 263, and 266 ask Soup questions that seem related to your suspicion on him, but I'm actually still not really sure what it is exactly that you're suspicious of.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Omg Sim City... it has me utterly HOOKED!

It's more of gut, and me looking off the wagon. It wasn't anything solid, and I will be looking to see if Bardull can clarify the gif.
I explained to J and Bardull why it was meaningful to me. It was a weak stance, an "I dunno" even. I was trying to get the ball rolling. I just lost control and it rolled over me. :x I was wrong.
I understand you've dropped the Bardull read but the bolded caught my attention - you stated you're looking to see if Bardull can clarify the gif, and in another post you state you are wrong and lost control. What made you drop the Bardull read? And if you're dropping this entirely, what exactly do you think of him right now considering you were somewhat serious in your read before?

Kat, what was the point of this post? Initially it seems like you are stating suspicion of my slot, but in your very next post after this one (post 200) you state that you were null until just then, and that after thinking about it you're leaning town on me.
It's exactly what it looks like. Between that post and the one after, I realised something that changed my mind. What I realised is assumptious and so is not something I'd like to elaborate on right now.

Curiously, what was the point of your indie statements? And why did you consider joining the ran wagon only after I called you Town? :woman:

Explain this in detail. J and Nabe are not floating around in space for you? How can that be? What do you actually like about Kuz that is townie and not just Kuz being pretty good at mafia? What has anyone ever liked about Kary?
I quite like Nabe :grin: But this is based entirely on a whim. He said something along the lines of "If you want my attention, please ask me questions" and I liked this, mainly because it's self-centred. I can't imagine an inactive scummy saying these types of phrases and then disappearing, because how can he predict what kind of attention he'll get? It could be bad attention for all we know... This will develop the more he posts!

I like kuz only because I like the plan. I haven't found a hole in it. I'm not very good at finding holes in plans, but everyone seems happy and I can't imagine (yet) that he is setting this up for the benefit of his scumteam, because it benefits this team very little if you consider the odds. Why would scum be the first faction to bring this up?

J I liked for his vote on Ran. He saw exactly what I saw. BUT I do agree that he has gone quiet. So I'd also like to see more of him now.

And Kary is of the Mariah variety. I especially like his flavour. Also I quite liked how he was content with the ran wagon - he didn't appear to cockblock it in any sense yet still disagreed, a moment that made me think he's alone in this game.

Your 125 and 191. In both posts you chime in on the topics lightly, only to say that you're going to wait to give your actual opinion. It hardly serves a purpose other than giving you the image of being involved.

I hardly think that players that haven't placed a vote whatsoever are playing safe. You can't cruise through like that, you can't go under the radar. Especially with the vote log, they'll be put on the spot like it's nothing. And I'm not necessarily talking about vote placement, your approach to the conversations on J, Bardull (to an extent) and Swords/Soup are what I'm talking about. Your 200 on Swords/Soup was really what got my attention first, and I read through to see more of it in your other posts.
Oooomg hilt what are you smoking? There's a couple of points I want to kill kill kill:

Firstly, why wouldn't I want to get involved in popular topics? I had to do a double take here. Every townie should be getting involved... That is a bad basis for thinking someone is SCUMMY!

Secondly, Bardull suspected that I was scum with Ranny, setting him up for a fall. This is why I requoted what I said on this pairing, reserving judgment for obvious reasons. I mean what did you actually expect me to do at this point? Seriously push for a Ran/Bardull connection even though Bardull had only posted once and I was asking Ran questions? (lol) What I did was perfectly assumptious and justifiable. It isn't playing safe, rather it's being rational in my thought process!

Also in case you didn't notice, I ninja'd J, so I should have been the main proponent of the Ran wagon. You can see where I begin to get my thoughts as early as post #90, where I question how he interpreted my post differently with Bard's. I've been generally quite vocal about him... this really isn't playing safe, at any angle you look at it. I also slightly disagree with what you said about people reserving votes, but we won't be going there for the sake of the game.

Plz move ur vote away from my swag mobile plz :yeahboi:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Do you really feel though that it was his intention to piggy-back whatever Circus possibly said though?
Yes. It seemed like Kary was grasping straws and just randomly chose who to pressure, then try and make someone else do the work for them. The act in itself seem scummy.

I look forward to hearing from your scum picks

I quite like Nabe :grin: But this is based entirely on a whim. He said something along the lines of "If you want my attention, please ask me questions" and I liked this, mainly because it's self-centred. I can't imagine an inactive scummy saying these types of phrases and then disappearing, because how can he predict what kind of attention he'll get? It could be bad attention for all we know... This will develop the more he posts!
But he HAS ben inactive. Throughout the entire days, he has not said anything of worth till most recent, and he still needs to comment on his thoughts thus far with other people.

Are you sure you're reading this game right, kat?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
@PJB: Can you go into detail as to what changed your mind about me and Soup being either TvT or SvS? Also, what's making you lean the way you are on Soup? Your 262, 263, and 266 ask Soup questions that seem related to your suspicion on him, but I'm actually still not really sure what it is exactly that you're suspicious of.
It wasn't really anything specific. The first time I read you guys, it didn't seem like much of anything, so I reread it to try and get more feels from it. After reading it again, the whole thing felt kind of manufactured on both sides, probably because I was just looking too hard to find something. After looking at it again, I felt like I was actually nodding along with you, and soup seemed like he was trying to paint you as scummy.

Even after he "realized he was on the wrong track", the phrasing he used indicated that he still wanted it to seem like he had legitimate reasons to suspect you, but he never said what they were. It's like he was waiting for the rest of town to bite on it, and see if he could still swing you. But nobody did, and when I asked him about it just now, he wrote it off in a way that doesn't really make sense to me. His phrasing at the end of your interaction "I think not everything is completely busted, however" sounded like he thought he still had a case against you, but when I questioned him, he just claimed "the interaction wasn't busted. I got a townread on swords." Where'd he get a townread from? He thought you were scum before that, and when it turned out that all the scummy stuff was just bunk, how do you not just become null after that? I think soup was just fishing around, and came up empty handed, so now he's townreading you to make sure he doesn't get any more flak.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I apologize for the lack of major detail, or fancy quotes to illustrate exactly what I'm talking about. I just don't feel super motivated about this game. I think you can get the gist of it though.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I've seen a lot of things in this town... A lot of things that shouldn't even be talked about. So... forgive my silence.

ROCKIN
what the hell's up with you, kid? seems like my vote on you might be getting under your skin...

Never once has he explained his reason for voting me and is now asking someone his thoughts without even explaining his own. It's scummy cause he could piggy back behind said reason.
good job sister. Rather than waiting to see if I do piggyback circus' response, you jump the gun and throw your vote down on me before i've even got a response. Did you actually think this through? Or do you just dislike me trying to get content out of Circus?

BY THE WAY CIRCUS, NOT SURE YOU ANSWERED THIS

But anyhow... ROCKIN...

Oh right. So my early-game vote on you is in fact bugging you. You know if you want that explained you could ask me, right? Rather than generically asking me to share my thoughts:
Why don't you tell others (including Circus) what you're thoughts are?

Unvote Vote: Kary
?

But hell.

as an aside, I have no idea what 'the whole thing' is, or why you're lumping me in with Nabe of all people.

I'll end as I started; what's up with you, Rockin?
I heard you only had one stance toDay, and it was that I of all people was scum.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Who would want to wear a badge in a place like this?

THE HIDER DILEMMA

Also think about this:

I've been going over the second post (and I asked marshy in private to clarify what the Hider role entails) and I think we can utilize the hider as like a psued0-cop.
short version; it would be nice to know who the hider is hiding behind on a given night, in case they happen to hide behind scum.
aside from that, talking about who's hiding where helps scum.

CRUX OF THE MATTER;
In the event that the hider dies from hiding behind someone, it would be great to know who they hid behind, as this would give us a guilty (unless they get a false positive from the vig).
On the other hand, in all other cases, more information about the hider helps scum.

We do not want scum to know who the hider is, or who he might be hiding behind. Scum can waste a shot by targeting the hider, or they can get 2 for the price of 1 by guessing who is being hidden behind
Sharing information about who plans to hide, and who they plan to hide behind, will almost without fail give scum more information to work with. (for instance, only 11 players declare they're hiding- pretty much guarantees a shot will go through on the remaining 2)

POINT OF CONTENTION;
Guilties are great.
But while the hider is alive, they're another townie. They're also cleared through their claim. And they're semi-bulletproof. And they can clear other players.
I think it should be obvious, that at least at the start of the game (where the odds of scum and hider choosing the same target are lower) that the hider should not be aiming to hide behind scum.

CONCLUSION;
Everyone declaring who they will hide behind isn't a terrible idea.
On the other hand, it's probably no better than the hider doing a halfway decent job of crumbing their investigations.
Or in fact, laying low, getting a couple of clears, and claiming at the start of D3, then WIFOMing whether they will hide N3 onwards.

P.S. This post obviously shows i'm not the hider. So shoot me all you like, scum ;)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
good job sister. Rather than waiting to see if I do piggyback circus' response, you jump the gun and throw your vote down on me before i've even got a response. Did you actually think this through? Or do you just dislike me trying to get content out of Circus?
WHAT TYPE OF CONTENT WOULD YOU GET OUT OF THAT POST?

This is the part that pisses me off. You expect to get content out of the FIRST post I ever made of a god damn RVS. From Circus. The post itself being minimal.

I can see if it was a post that had more discussion to it, or a post that I was debating on, but no. It was a joke vote. Come on....

Oh right. So my early-game vote on you is in fact bugging you. You know if you want that explained you could ask me, right? Rather than generically asking me to share my thoughts:
I could care less if I was 1 vote away from getting hammered (J and a few others could vouch for this). It's the reasoning about it that pisses me off.

So how about telling what the heck you're trying to get out of Circus as far as my post goes?

as an aside, I have no idea what 'the whole thing' is, or why you're lumping me in with Nabe of all people.

I'll end as I started; what's up with you, Rockin?
I heard you only had one stance toDay, and it was that I of all people was scum.
'the whole thing' (I worded that wrong, and that was my mistake) meaning the whole dicussion. Posts that J and Kuz brought up. The soup vs. Sword discussion. everything that has been mentioned. I'm lumping you with Nabe and Circus (who's slowly catching up with discussion, but still want to hear more from him) cause none of ya have really commented on what's been said so far, and who do ya feel is scummy/the scum.

I generally have at least two people I want gone today, but I want to give another look over (as my picks are merely just those that are not being helpful). I'm just pissed off at almost half the cast cause they're either inactive or not discussing/providing discussions.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
which reminds me

Kat - If you read on the 'Hider discussion,' I'm one of the people against on the idea. I wanted to clarify that

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So I forgot to declare V/LA. Whoops. But just got back from work and tomorrow is my day off. I'm gonna use tonight to grab things I need and then move into answering/posting things either tonight or tomorrow.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@mod I might need to replace. Don't hesitate if my activity falters.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Can't remember the last day I lived through without someone shouting within earshot.

WHAT TYPE OF CONTENT WOULD YOU GET OUT OF THAT POST?

This is the part that pisses me off. You expect to get content out of the FIRST post I ever made of a god damn RVS. From Circus. The post itself being minimal.

I can see if it was a post that had more discussion to it, or a post that I was debating on, but no. It was a joke vote. Come on....
welp
you've misread then, because i'm asking Circus about your #184

'the whole thing' (I worded that wrong, and that was my mistake) meaning the whole dicussion. Posts that J and Kuz brought up. The soup vs. Sword discussion. everything that has been mentioned. I'm lumping you with Nabe and Circus (who's slowly catching up with discussion, but still want to hear more from him) cause none of ya have really commented on what's been said so far, and who do ya feel is scummy/the scum.
I don't have any reads worth talking about. For the most part, I haven't seen enough to draw conclusions yet; for instance, I want to hear what J/kuz have to say about Ran's latest couple of posts.
If you want my opinion on something specific, then fair enough, but I don't tend to share what I'm thinking unless I want to push something.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Too damn cold to be standing around...

I like kuz only because I like the plan. I haven't found a hole in it. I'm not very good at finding holes in plans, but everyone seems happy and I can't imagine (yet) that he is setting this up for the benefit of his scumteam, because it benefits this team very little if you consider the odds. Why would scum be the first faction to bring this up?
Kataefi, darling...why do you like kuz because of him talking setup? Anyone can talk setup, it's easy... it's too WIFOM to clear him because of that.

Is there anything else that's influencing your read on kuz?

#HBC | ѕoup

You misread my intentions completely, PJB.

It wasn't really anything specific. The first time I read you guys, it didn't seem like much of anything, so I reread it to try and get more feels from it. After reading it again, the whole thing felt kind of manufactured on both sides, probably because I was just looking too hard to find something. After looking at it again, I felt like I was actually nodding along with you, and soup seemed like he was trying to paint you as scummy.

Even after he "realized he was on the wrong track", the phrasing he used indicated that he still wanted it to seem like he had legitimate reasons to suspect you, but he never said what they were. It's like he was waiting for the rest of town to bite on it, and see if he could still swing you. But nobody did, and when I asked him about it just now, he wrote it off in a way that doesn't really make sense to me. His phrasing at the end of your interaction "I think not everything is completely busted, however" sounded like he thought he still had a case against you, but when I questioned him, he just claimed "the interaction wasn't busted. I got a townread on swords." Where'd he get a townread from? He thought you were scum before that, and when it turned out that all the scummy stuff was just bunk, how do you not just become null after that? I think soup was just fishing around, and came up empty handed, so now he's townreading you to make sure he doesn't get any more flak.
I never implied a scum-read on Swords, I implied a dislike. I had no intention of pushing swords as a scum-read, because I wasn't solid on him which was the whole reason I pushed him in the first place. I'm pretty certain I recited this, and I'm not sure if you're just being lazy with my scum-read or trying to cling to something that simply isn't true. I don't understand how my explanation wasn't clear as to why I town-read Swords either, so please show me that you've actually read it.

#HBC | ѕoup

I find myself uninterested in current events and just waiting on Kuz more than anything. Circus' catch-up posts and Nabe's typical Null play don't strike me as anything weird.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard

I understand you've dropped the Bardull read but the bolded caught my attention - you stated you're looking to see if Bardull can clarify the gif, and in another post you state you are wrong and lost control. What made you drop the Bardull read? And if you're dropping this entirely, what exactly do you think of him right now considering you were somewhat serious in your read before?

It's exactly what it looks like. Between that post and the one after, I realised something that changed my mind. What I realised is assumptious and so is not something I'd like to elaborate on right now.

Curiously, what was the point of your indie statements? And why did you consider joining the ran wagon only after I called you Town? :woman:

What?! This is a terrible reason, rereading it trying to make sense out of the point. Do you think he would have... planned on being inactive if he was scum? "I probably shouldn't say that, I'm going to be inactive and might not be able to defend myself"? Really? This is likely the worst point I've heard come out of your mouth all game. Were you just desperate for a reason to give an opinion one way or another on him? Had to give a town or scum lean so you scrambled together a shabby town read? You know what else is a **** reason?

I don't think everyone's been completely happy with the plan. I can only think of one person stating that he's fully okay with going with it, everyone else has shown reasonable amounts of doubt. And let's say it was a good plan that people like, like you seem to think, wouldn't that be a good reason for scum to bring it up first? It's something that, if it backfired and people didn't like it, wouldn't necessarily draw ridiculous attention to the person bringing it up. It only would have been a suggestion. But no, your statement is full of nothing but wifom and feels as thrown together as your previous point. Comparing the two to your below opinion is convincing of how artificial the first two are.

J I liked for his vote on Ran. He saw exactly what I saw. BUT I do agree that he has gone quiet. So I'd also like to see more of him now.

And Kary is of the Mariah variety. I especially like his flavour. Also I quite liked how he was content with the ran wagon - he didn't appear to cockblock it in any sense yet still disagreed, a moment that made me think he's alone in this game.
This point feels believable and genuine. Felt I like I was reading a post by a completely different person than the above.
Oooomg hilt what are you smoking? There's a couple of points I want to kill kill kill:

Firstly, why wouldn't I want to get involved in popular topics? I had to do a double take here. Every townie should be getting involved... That is a bad basis for thinking someone is SCUMMY!
I think you're missing my point. Commenting on popular topics isn't a problem. The thing is that you were hardly getting involved. Merely chiming in, not giving much of a stance one way or another, and leaving it at that.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Bah, messed up the above with quotations. Gonna post it again so it isn't such a pain to read.
What?! This is a terrible reason, rereading it trying to make sense out of the point. Do you think he would have... planned on being inactive if he was scum? "I probably shouldn't say that, I'm going to be inactive and might not be able to defend myself"? Really? This is likely the worst point I've heard come out of your mouth all game. Were you just desperate for a reason to give an opinion one way or another on him? Had to give a town or scum lean so you scrambled together a shabby town read? You know what else is a **** reason?

I don't think everyone's been completely happy with the plan. I can only think of one person stating that he's fully okay with going with it, everyone else has shown reasonable amounts of doubt. And let's say it was a good plan that people like, like you seem to think, wouldn't that be a good reason for scum to bring it up first? It's something that, if it backfired and people didn't like it, wouldn't necessarily draw ridiculous attention to the person bringing it up. It only would have been a suggestion. But no, your statement is full of nothing but wifom and feels as thrown together as your previous point. Comparing the two to your below opinion is convincing of how artificial the first two are.

This point feels believable and genuine. Felt I like I was reading a post by a completely different person than the above.

I think you're missing my point. Commenting on popular topics isn't a problem. The thing is that you were hardly getting involved. Merely chiming in, not giving much of a stance one way or another, and leaving it at that.[/quote]

#HBC | Dancer

What I should be doing right now: Studying for my test on Wednesday.

What I am going to do right now: Read through the posts of POI's that I wanted to check out.

Here's a picture of me reading through the thread:

#HBC | Dancer

First I'll just like to say, before I begin, that it's a little hard to call some people scummy when I've caught others lurking it up (BarDull, I'm looking at you buddy).

Anyways, now I'm reading ****.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree.

I'm still waiting on responses from J, Kuz, Bardull, Kat, and Hilt.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

I have plenty of new games (that were on sale) on xbox live so I understand the sentiment.

I was reading the content as I was progressing pages. I said that before I read and responded to Bardull's post. Me saying I was wrong and lost control was after reading Bardull's response. Bardull said it was rvs, and was even telling Soup that I was trying to read too hard and he said 'it's friggin' napolean dynamite!'. I don't know what exact meaning the gif could give, but since he said that, I understood it was meant to be a joke, and that his vote wasn't serious either. I was fine with dropping the stance because the meaning of the gif was then irrelevant to me, and his reasoning was enough for me to back down (that being that his vote wasn't serious). My read on him is null, he isn't present and I don't know what he is doing.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes. It seemed like Kary was grasping straws and just randomly chose who to pressure, then try and make someone else do the work for them. The act in itself seem scummy.
Underlined, what's wrong with randomly choosing to pressure someone early game?

Bold, I don't think you can hold him accountable for something he did not yet do. He made a good point, you didn't let the interaction happen, and now you can't tell if he WOULD HAVE let circus do the work for him. The only thing you can say is that he asked for an opinion before he gave one, that's it. (Explain to me why Kary doing it means he was scum trying to garner opinions for him to fake, instead of it being Town kary trying to gain info?) You don't know if he would have rid on that, or done something himself after, because it's now tainted.

Circus: How about you be a doll and respond to Kary's question.
Kary: Once he does respond, I want you to explain why you wanted to hear Circus's opinion on Rockin's #184. Also, what's your opinion on J and Kuz? (I almost called J K... lol... omg... J/kuz hydra should be named JK)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
PJB: What's your opinion on J and Kuz? Kat? Ok, now this interests me:

Even after he "realized he was on the wrong track", the phrasing he used indicated that he still wanted it to seem like he had legitimate reasons to suspect you, but he never said what they were
I want you to quote exactly what you are talking about, and underline the 'phrasing'.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kat and Hilt, you missed these:

I've actually skimmed recent posts so when I'm around tomorrow I can look into his ones in a bit more detail and see if anything changes, but really I just don't get why any player would manifest a read out of completely nothing, especially when he said earlier he'd be saving his vote until later in the game, which makes me think he'd at least think things through a bit more rationally, right?...
Wait Kat... Did I ever say I was going to save my vote?

Ran your posts felt really... defensive. Sure, you're being pushed for today's lynch, but even in your last post on your reads, you were hardly able to keep from gravitating each point from yourself. I can't decide if your reads were defensive in nature and you base them off of how someone interacts with you or not.
Hilt, I was the only serious thing to happen. I don't think there was anything else to be suspicious of. If there is something I missed that you think is major, I'll look at it again and tell you what I think.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Underlined, what's wrong with randomly choosing to pressure someone early game?
Nothing, as long as there's valid reason for it. At the time, I read it as him focusing on my RVS vote and not the one where I was telling my opinion on stuff.

Bold, I don't think you can hold him accountable for something he did not yet do. He made a good point, you didn't let the interaction happen, and now you can't tell if he WOULD HAVE let circus do the work for him. The only thing you can say is that he asked for an opinion before he gave one, that's it. (Explain to me why Kary doing it means he was scum trying to garner opinions for him to fake, instead of it being Town kary trying to gain info?) You don't know if he would have rid on that, or done something himself after, because it's now tainted.
yes, it was my mistake. I'll admit my fault to that.

why I found it scummy was that he first puts a vote on me. Then doesn't speak about till he asked Circus his opinon (never once sharing his own). The act in itself made it look scummy in my eyes.

Top Bottom