• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ENTER THE HARDBODY

how swagged up is this game right now?

• swag a thousand trillion!!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • swag on a zillion!!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • incalculable amounts of swag

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • enter the hardbody more like enter the swag

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • SWAG OUT!

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • wow! strapped with the swag!

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Circus, are you okay dude? That post really just seemed like a stupor of depression and I'd feel bad even lynching you at this point. A lot of what you say is actually really good and I agree with too. I don't think a Kuz lynch can happen, and I'm not sure if I even want it.

Is there anybody you really want right now besides Kuz?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
votecount 1.12
kuz (1) - circus
ranmaru (2) - ruy kuz
kary (1) - rockin
kataefi (2) - pjb bardull
bardull (1) - kataefi
circus (4) - sworddancer. ranmaru nabe kary
rockin (1) - hilt
not voting (1) - soup

voting log
soup -> ruy -> none
pjb -> soup -> none -> kataefi
rockin -> sworddancer. -> kary
ruy -> circus -> ranmaru
ranmaru -> ruy -> rockin -> sworddancer. -> kuz -> nabe -> circus
circus -> kuz
sworddancer. -> ruy -> none -> ranmaru -> none -> bardull -> circus
nabe -> circus -> bardull -> circus
kuz -> ruy -> soup -> ranmaru
kataefi -> kuz -> sworddancer. -> ranmaru -> bardull
hilt -> bardull -> kataefi -> ruy
kary -> hilt -> rockin -> circus
bardull -> kuz -> ranmaru -> kataefi

d1 ends 3/16 11:59:59 pm est

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup, from what you say about Kary, wouldn't pushing him toward gallows tomorrow be more preferred? Would give us more of a chance to get more out of him throughout the day, instead of not leaving him any time at all.
I usually don't take my votes as 'This is the guy I'm gonna lynch today.' It's rather 'This is the guy I think we should lynch, and depending on how he responds I might change my mind.' Deadline is creeping up however, so you make a point. I feel like I'm waiting. Waiting on Kuz. Waiting on Kary. Waiting on Rockin. Waiting for this game to kick into gear and actually have something worth talking about instead of wasting our time rambling to ourselves. There's a lot of disconnection in the town and there's a lot of opinions, however nobody has really talked about them and it's like everyone has huddled and made their own groups of who they like and dislike. This isn't productive. Every time I see someone make a catch-up post, I want to gag and choke on my own vomit. Catch-up posting and all that **** isn't needed right now. This game needs foundation, not your cute wall post with nothing substantial. I look at this game and I see some people really trying, and others just skating along having a good laugh as someone tops the post-count and they feel fine with just letting that be how it is.

@Everyone 24 Hours. Kat or Circus? Someone else?

Keeping a tally on this, so please do respond.

#HBC | ѕoup

Also, just one pick. One person you'd vote right now.

I'm going to bed.

I'll be swinging the lynch to Rockin if nothing gets done by the time I'm back. I'm tired of this but I didn't want to feel like I had to push for thread power. This isn't even about that really, It's just that none of the lynches right now are really satisfying. I ****ing wish I had more time to be honest.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok Circus. I'm not interested in Kuz. I'd rather you tell me an option.

Unvote Vote: Nabe

Look at #540. It looks like Nabe trying to lightly paint a connection on Swords, yet I think it's possible Swords may be his scum buddy. Thing is, the accusation from Nabe just seems weak, and it seems light enough that it can be some sort of distraction. I also found it odd Swords didn't really vote Nabe along with me. Need to re-read Swords. Soup too. Soup is a different story though. I am putting him to slight town lean for now, because I am conflicted as to whether his waiting on Kuz and others is legit, or is him playing well as scum.

I think it would be good to re-read Soup's interaction's with Swords, and look at why he really was going at Swords.

Soup, what is your opinion on Nabe? Also, why wasn't I in your list? What is your opinion of me, I don't know if you ever gave one after the rvs shenanigans.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh ****. So I guess we aren't hypoclaiming. Everyone not here, and I don't know if we got time.

So obviously, hider, crumb or something. I dunno. Do what you think is best.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Those saying I've been defensive should consider I've only been this way where people have scrutinised my posts. I've been quite offensive in this game actually...

Anyway let's try this one more time. I'd still like Bardull gone the most because:

- The joining of the Ranny wagon despite showing questioning 2 players that made it. Wouldn't he have looked into this a little more? He finds Ranny contrived but it's not necessarily something scummy, but seems to hang on to it an awful lot (even now).
- So as a result is he perhaps a bit too concerned about his appearance? Voting record/reads show a history of attacking those that dislike his slot (Ranny/Myself/a dislike to Swords for example). He favours those that like him (e.g. Hilt). Immediately in the early game he thinks I am setting "him" up with Ran. It is a point that accuses but one very much centred around his own image, similar to his vote on Ran.
- He definitely takes ownership of his reasons to vote with lengthy posts, but the points themselves have already been said elsewhere, he's like a little inactive parrot. It comes across a little too convenient he gets behind players who have momentum behind them with lots of reasoning to boot.
- OF COURSE there's his inactivity... has he even replied to me yet? I can't progress my read if he simply says nothing to me, so I find him wasteful.

We should have wrapped this Day up earlier, because now those that have done **** all are conveniently popping in and swaying discussion, which is what has caused this scramble in the first place. Still dumbfounded why I'm being considered up for a lynch in light of about 70% of this game but alas Town might just be a masochist again a la Persona! I'll be around regardless to see what happens!

If I can't get Bardull at this point, I'll kill anyone who isn't Swords/Ran/Soup/Hilt/possibly Kary.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
mod note: death bear replaces red ruy. why have i allowed a hydra when disallowing them from original signups you ask? cuz i accidentally forwarded ruys role to rake as well. derp

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup, what is your opinion on Nabe? Also, why wasn't I in your list? What is your opinion of me, I don't know if you ever gave one after the rvs shenanigans.
I'm not certain on Nabe. I don't believe he's a good lynch and I read your mini-case on him and I happen to disagree. I actually find it odd for me because I like his jokative self-loathing play, such as where he openly states his actions or tries calling out his lack of activity/content as a means to get someone to react. Nabe would have been playing much more careful by now, and it's almost like he's asking to be looked at. I didn't add because I forgot. I have no problems with you, and I don't have any insight as to how that is because nothing has really changed wrt how you're playing. To push Nabe like this is not something you would do as scum, nor suggest such a lynch unless you were desperate to get it off your partner somehow. I don't see because you've been the one pushing this lynch and openly buddying players that you think will help you get it. It's townie.

#HBC | ѕoup

Rockin hanging onto this Kary vote yet not putting the effort into it is just as bad if not worse than any inactive player not doing anything. It doesn't show incentive to scumhunt or get this lynch, rather casually put it on someone in an attempt to look like you're doing something. I skim-read just to see if I could find anything that could prove this wrong but I didn't really see Rockin addressing this at all nor doing anything else much really. I'm also upset that he's ignoring me and I don't believe he has the best interests for this town. It would also help me on my reads much more than what's going on because the wagons that are most popular are either influenced by top posters or just asking for people to scramble on them.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rockin hanging onto this Kary vote yet not putting the effort into it is just as bad if not worse than any inactive player not doing anything. It doesn't show incentive to scumhunt or get this lynch, rather casually put it on someone in an attempt to look like you're doing something. I skim-read just to see if I could find anything that could prove this wrong but I didn't really see Rockin addressing this at all nor doing anything else much really. I'm also upset that he's ignoring me and I don't believe he has the best interests for this town. It would also help me on my reads much more than what's going on because the wagons that are most popular are either influenced by top posters or just asking for people to scramble on them.

Sheesh, I didn't ignore you. I've been focused on your earthbound game so as to catch up and play propertly. Have you forgotten about that?

anyway, the vote I have is no longer irrelevent as the post I thought Kary was voting on (which was the RVS) was actually my catch up post (at the time).

Unvote

I do have best interest for town, but I've been so busy with **** that I've been having a hard time catching up.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Soup, will get to you.

Rockin, as Earthbound seems to be in night, I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to catch up now.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice

Death Bear will bring death.

No scum will escape.

No survivors.

Content shortly.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I actually find it odd for me because I like his jokative self-loathing play, such as where he openly states his actions or tries calling out his lack of activity/content as a means to get someone to react. Nabe would have been playing much more careful by now, and it's almost like he's asking to be looked at.

That's what I would expect scumNabe to do. He would act like a jester to confuse people and make them say "ScumNabe would NOT do that!" It's also something I would expect Nabe to do upon coming back from inactivity. He avoided a lynch in Super Heroes Mafia as Mafia because of acting this way. I will demonstrate in the next post. Can you give me examples of Nabe being careful as scum, or just why you would think he would act that way?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Here is some examples from Super Heroes Mafia. Double spoiler tags come up for some weird reason.

First off, Zen mentions that an indy wouldn't want to attract as much attention as Nabe has. #2668

Zen asks in frustration, why he is playing like a jester. #2671

Example of Nabe acting like a jester. He states "I want you to vote for me because idk". Not very convincing, even when he himself wants to be lynched. #2645

Nabe states that his reasoning for not voting Radfic, is because Nabe would want to be the lynch that day. #2522

Acts confused when accused of bluffing about wanting to be the play. #2566!

Zen states that Nabe wanted to be the play, yet didn't vote himself when asked to. He also states that Nabe came out of no where with an option to vote Red Ryu after the previous day, when he had hammered Radfic "because he got tired of arguing". #2572

I think this shows what I am talking about.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Swords, I see you viewing alot. Don't have much to add now?

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
Your referencing a game 2+ years old?

Anything recent? Like my toonami mafia?

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
deadline today?

We need a lynch,

Vote: Circus

Ran you stall this to a NL, and I will end you tomorrow.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice

Look at #540. It looks like Nabe trying to lightly paint a connection on Swords, yet I think it's possible Swords may be his scum buddy. Thing is, the accusation from Nabe just seems weak, and it seems light enough that it can be some sort of distraction. I also found it odd Swords didn't really vote Nabe along with me. Need to re-read Swords. Soup too. Soup is a different story though. I am putting him to slight town lean for now, because I am conflicted as to whether his waiting on Kuz and others is legit, or is him playing well as scum.

I think it would be good to re-read Soup's interaction's with Swords, and look at why he really was going at Swords.

Why the hell are you bringing this up 24hrs at deadline, you don't like Nabe, cool, but do you honestly think on a Saturday this is a possible lynch? 24hrs before deadline? Heck we got 11 hours before deadline right now.

Stuff like this causes a NL to happen.

Leaning town on you.

Vote: Rockin
Why the **** are you doing it as well.

ugg still reading on page 4.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Death Bear, you realize there's basically not any wagons that are further along or more likely to happen than others?

I'd like to know what people are seeing wrt Circus that I'm not. Help me out here Death Bear, what's the story?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ryu I posted that really early in the morning, I really wanted Nabe and thought it might happen. I'll jump towards Circus if nothing happens though.

Soup, why is Death Bear's vote bad to you?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, Ryu. I hadn't seen Nabe act in that way ever since, so I have nothing else. What about your game?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Bardull, talk to me about Nabe, Circus, and Swords?

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
Can you distinguish your choice between Rockin/Circus/Kuz/other inactives that I'm forgetting because I just woke up?
Circus has the most votes on him, I'm still on page 4 and know nothing of what anyone has done in between this page and before.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
other half here.

reading then discussion with Ryu.

I approve of the Circus vote.

/RakeOut

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Bardull, talk to me about Nabe, Circus, and Swords?

I think I'm starting to like Swords more, but I absolutely HATE that he's giving players passes for activity and throwing suspicion towards players who aren't necessarily as active. I think it's a great way to get people to talk though, don't get me wrong, but I still think Kat needs to get plowed.

Circus, I really do need to reread him, but I don't see him as a big presence this game and thus his alignment can go either way. That being said, I have no qualms getting my hands dirty with him if he doesn't put out a strong direction before time's up.

Nabe is hard to read. I don't like that he's not sharing his thoughts more with everyone else so that he has more credibility and force behind his vote. He was also an empty presence early game. I don't want to see Nabe go too soon because I think Nabe is a baller G, but I wouldn't be against his lynch on the premise that he sits in a similar boat with Circaderka.

I figure I'll just drop a note regarding Rockin while I'm here: I actually liked Rockin's interaction with Kataefi and don't see them as being a scum pair. I'd be willing to compromise on him ONLY if Kat is guaranteed to get hardbodied tomorrow upon TownRockin flip. Like, straight up maul him bear style to oblivion. The only reason why I'd be willing to compromise on Rockin at this point though is because Rockin has been pretty inactive and it has hurt my read on his slot.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright. Talk to me about why you are starting to like Swords more? Also I forgot to ask you about Soup, and I should be good. Also, plan to move your vote?

#HBC | ѕoup

Circus has the most votes on him, I'm still on page 4 and know nothing of what anyone has done in between this page and before.
So you vote Circus, just like that? It's just really odd and certainly something can be swung in 24 Hours if we can commit.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
What an awful vote and way to enter the game.
Interesting to note.

You go for a Rockin wagon, when he is at L-6, trying to work out what Bardull tells me is an inactive problem...and this is going to solve it with what? 10 hours til deadline?

You told me we were scrambling for a lynch, so if you are opposed to the Circus route, then give me context. I asked people to tell me what was going on, and all people told me was.

"Scrambling for a lynch"

If we are scrambling for a lynch, why is everyone going all over the place? We need to organize fast and get something done.

If inactives are the problem, lynch the inactives.

If we got gold on something scummy, lynch them.

But you need to make sure this is possible and is agreeable, which based on how people are refusing to move their votes, seems pretty likely.

So Soup who is an inactive no one gives a crap about?

Otherwise the only alternative is Circus or someone with enough votes.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
So you vote Circus, just like that? It's just really odd and certainly something can be swung in 24 Hours if we can commit.
Considering this is DGames on a weekend, I find this to be unlikely.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste

Dear Ran,

you are really dumb.​

Love,​

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We got less than 24 hours, actually. Circus was a pretty big wagon at the time, so I want to know how it is odd in this case?

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
And yes just like that, because I have no clue what is going on still and I'm just putting faith people are doing the right choice.

This is at least until I can catch-up.

~

Also Rake, if you see this, I'm going to work now so feel free to do as you wish with death bear.

Top Bottom