• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EMG Presents - The Top 25 Apex 2015 Super Smash Bros Plays (Part 3/5)

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

Missed any amazing plays from the biggest Super Smash Bros tournament of all time? Or just feel like reliving some of the most hype moments? Good news! The great people over at Even Matchup Gaming are putting together a 5 part video series showcasing their picks for the top 25 plays from Apex 2015. Get ready to relive the hype, the salt and the greatness that was Apex 2015!

Check out part 3 of 5 down below, which includes some Smash 4 Luigi destruction courtesy of Boss, aMSa's Yoshi, Armada's amazing Fox and much more. The rest of the 5 parts will be coming soon, so stay tuned!

Check out Even Matchup Gaming's YouTube channel for more great Smash Bros content.
Also, be sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Twitch.
Have any suggestions for future EMG videos? Vote for clips using this form and let the creators know what they should make next.

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards and likes to rewatch old Smash sets when he's sick. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.

_gold_

Smash Master
I love watching aMSa! He always surprises me with dat Yoshi.

Last edited:

tru.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Wow...I don't think a lot of people realize how much practice and determination it requires to be able to consistently pull off these type of moves against human opponents. Considering how efficiently some of these people can create and continue combos calls for some persistence, especially against someone who has the capability to read and predict your moves. This takes some hard work. Round of applause to these guys.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Wow...I don't think a lot of people realize how much practice and determination it requires to be able to consistently pull off these type of moves against human opponents. Considering how efficiently some of these people can create and continue combos calls for some persistence, especially against someone who has the capability to read and predict your moves. This takes some hard work. Round of applause to these guys.
Yeah, that's why Smash 4's online feels like such a luxury, some people such as myself have had a hard time finding other human players to fight against in Melee and Project M, well good players anyway so I was stuck fighting the CPU most of the time so I was happy with Smash 4's online. Now, before playing Smash 4 I was already experienced with other online fighting games like Marvel Vs. Capcom, Blazblue, Injustice, ect. and I've seen tournaments for Smash and even been to two of them, so I understood how most people would think playing Smash 4's online.

I love fighting against the players who are better than me cause it gives me the chance to improve and now I can do that with Smash. Ya know, provided the game doesn't pair me up with a player who treats other human players like CPUs. *Looking at guys like the Falcon players who throw out falcon punches in positions where they'll get punished or Pit/Dark Pit players who just side special all day.*

9Tales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
9Tales_of_Hoenn
The last egg from Yoshi, looks like it missed, but really it's just strategically placed to force Falco to land with a certain trajectory so landing that KO smash is that much easier. So awesome.

Also that Boss combo <3

tru.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Yeah, that's why Smash 4's online feels like such a luxury, some people such as myself have had a hard time finding other human players to fight against in Melee and Project M, well good players anyway so I was stuck fighting the CPU most of the time so I was happy with Smash 4's online. Now, before playing Smash 4 I was already experienced with other online fighting games like Marvel Vs. Capcom, Blazblue, Injustice, ect. and I've seen tournaments for Smash and even been to two of them, so I understood how most people would think playing Smash 4's online.

I love fighting against the players who are better than me cause it gives me the chance to improve and now I can do that with Smash. Ya know, provided the game doesn't pair me up with a player who treats other human players like CPUs. *Looking at guys like the Falcon players who throw out falcon punches in positions where they'll get punished or Pit/Dark Pit players who just side special all day.*
The addition of online battle since Brawl made the series more enjoyable for people that didn't know anyone who played personally, but wanted to challenge other players (and not fight the drudgery of CPUs). Battling online on the 3DS is often difficult because the For Glory matches are random, so you could very well end up with side-special spammers all day. Hopefully there is an update in which players with similar win percentages are paired up in the future.

This is a bit off-topic, but do you think CPUs in SSB4 were made more powerful? I mean, often a level 9 in Brawl was definitely easier than they are now. I've had level 9s in SSB4 that edge guarded and created some pretty intense combos, as a matter of fact, and I never saw that with Brawl CPUs.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
The addition of online battle since Brawl made the series more enjoyable for people that didn't know anyone who played personally, but wanted to challenge other players (and not fight the drudgery of CPUs). Battling online on the 3DS is often difficult because the For Glory matches are random, so you could very well end up with side-special spammers all day. Hopefully there is an update in which players with similar win percentages are paired up in the future.

This is a bit off-topic, but do you think CPUs in SSB4 were made more powerful? I mean, often a level 9 in Brawl was definitely easier than they are now. I've had level 9s in SSB4 that edge guarded and created some pretty intense combos, as a matter of fact, and I never saw that with Brawl CPUs.
Yeah they definitely combo more in Smash 4 which makes sense cause Smash 4 seems to have the most emphasis on combos in the series, not just in terms of it's design but you can find some combos in the character trailers and stuff. I could be wrong about the reasoning though cause I don't remember how the CPUs in 64 and Melee were other than, Melee Roy really liked the grab button and Melee Ganondorf would often catch you out of a jump with his up special.

Top Bottom