• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EMG Presents - Super Smash Bros. Play of the Week - Episode 13

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

Missed any hype Super Smash Bros moments during the week? Good news! The awesome people over at Even Matchup Gaming have done the research and determined the top play of last week and a runner up that's equally as cool. There's even a bonus clip and viewer submitted clip at the end too. Sweet!

Check out the best play from last week down below.

Check out Even Matchup Gaming's YouTube channel for more great Smash Bros content.
Also, be sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Twitch.
Have any suggestions for future EMG videos? Vote for clips using this form and let the creators know what they should make next.

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
As long as you don't spam shulks counter too much the length of it pretty much guarantees you will get the counter if of course you made a decent read to begin with.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Man, and there are still people who think ZeRo's a tier scrub...dude dominates everyone without Diddy anyway. Kudos to that MK for the 60% combo too. I thought he was bringing it right back then ZeRo just spiked him again.
I have no problem with people playing Diddy, but I have so much respect for ZeRo.

Last edited:

Karnage

Smash Rookie
Man, and there are still people who think ZeRo's a tier scrub...dude dominates everyone without Diddy anyway. Kudos to that MK for the 60% combo too. I thought he was bringing it right back then ZeRo just spiked him again.
I have no problem with people playing Diddy, but I have so much respect for ZeRo.
respect for zero lmao

JagoTheTiger

Smash Apprentice
Last edited by a moderator:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Lmao @ tier hate.
Maybe if you stopped playing Lucina you could win.
Maining top tier waifus is where its at.

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Warning Received
MEW TWO IS ALMOST HERE FROM HIS LONG JOURNEY TO SMASH BROS HE'S JUST PAST BRAWL WORLD A MINUTE AGO , WHILE COMING FROM MELEE

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
MEW TWO IS ALMOST HERE FROM HIS LONG JOURNEY TO SMASH BROS HE'S JUST PAST BRAWL WORLD A MINUTE AGO , WHILE COMING FROM MELEE
Exactly how I was dancing with that Mewtwo trailer being shown and the confirmation date for him being playable.

Last edited:

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
This. I've never understood the hate, I believe it comes from the fact he has focused on Smash 4 and not Melee, though I have heard he will be getting into Melee soon.

He could dominate with almost any character. Even when he is playing tourneys, it just looks like he is having fun.

Respect.

Last edited:

rekgrizzly

Smash Rookie
The thing about playing shulk is that you just have to aware of the moves you throw out cause some have some series ending lag to them

XOSugar

Smash Cadet
Care to explain instead of giving a vague one-liner bashing who is unarguably the best Sm4sh player at this time?
I didn't like him at first, but he grows on you. I really think it was just early Diddy rage that got people on his hate train.

ss3katen

Smash Rookie
NNID
ss3katen
Nerf ZeRo. Geez that kid is way too good :D

Last edited:

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
Zero is the one who inspired me to main Captain Falcon. His is so good.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
This. I've never understood the hate, I believe it comes from the fact he has focused on Smash 4 and not Melee, though I have heard he will be getting into Melee soon.

He could dominate with almost any character. Even when he is playing tourneys, it just looks like he is having fun.

Respect.
The hate came way before Sm4sh. People disliked him for being a "tier *****" because he played Fox in Melee, Metaknight in Brawl, and people insisted his Pit was broken in PM.

Besides that, the hate amped up after the Sm4sh Invitational at E3 where he stalled out the grand finals against Hbox when he was behind so he could bring it to sudden death which he won. Under Nintendo's ruleset sudden death counted and many people thought he robbed Hbox considering her would have lost under more traditional rulesets.

I personally like ZeRo as a player, I think a lot of the things people hate on him for are things you could hate other top Smashers for too.

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
I don't get it, is ZeRo a Diddy:4diddy: or a C Falcon:4falcon: main? I see him play both equally.
He mains :4diddy:, but also plays:4sheik:,:4falcon:, and :4fox:. He's just so good at reads and combos that it doesn't matter who he's using.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I don't get it, is ZeRo a Diddy:4diddy: or a C Falcon:4falcon: main? I see him play both equally.
Zero is still a :4diddy:main, as this recent video says.
https://youtu.be/Wdb31Al1y6Q?t=139
It's in Spanish, but it's easy to realize that Riserback asks him if Falcon is his main, and he responds that Diddy is his main.
However, he uses:4falcon:and:4shulk:competitively frequently as well. These three are his primary characters.

Last edited:

BuTTNutz

Smash Apprentice
Zero is still a :4diddy:main, as this recent video says.
https://youtu.be/Wdb31Al1y6Q?t=139
It's in Spanish, but it's easy to realize that Riserback asks him if Falcon is his main, and he responds that Diddy is his main.
However, he uses:4falcon:and:4shulk:competitively frequently as well. These three are his primary characters.
diddy isn't realley an original choice imo but I can still respect his choice

Top Bottom