• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Editing SFX: Hurt Sounds, Varying Attack Sounds

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
In Smash Bros. 64 and Smash Bros. Melee, when a character was hit at a high percentage by a strong attack, they would make a loud screaming sound. In Melee, there were variations of screaming sounds depending on how much percentage the receiving character had and the intensity of the attack. In Brawl, they removed that feature and made it so that each character only has one, very faint hurt sound that occurs a second after being hit, yet more, heavier hurt sounds are found on the game disc unused.

How did you (PMBR) get those files to work in Project M and make them work the same way they did in Melee? Was it a difficult process? What tools did you use? I ask this mainly because I want to use this feature in Brawl as well. As much information as you can give me would be delightful.

EDIT: I also noticed how when characters use certain attacks, like smash attacks, they use various attacking sounds like 64 and Melee instead of just one designated sound like Brawl. How did you go about pulling that off?

Last edited:
Top Bottom