• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eat Your Veggies! Wart for Super Smash Bros.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Does Wart even exist? He only appeared in a dream.
Yes and no.

Yes, Wart was in a dream world in Super Mario Bros. 2.
But in his original appearance in Doki Doki Panic, he was in another dream.
Though since I am only talking about Wart and not Mamu, I will not acknowledge his Doki Doki Panic appearance.

He also appeared in Zelda: Link's Awakening, which SPOILER ALERT:
[collapse=Link's Awakening spoilers]
also took place in a dreams world.
[/collapse]

So I guess that all dreams in Nintendo games take place in a dream world, which varies in appearance depending on who is having the dream. And Wart also lives in this Dream world as a whole which explains how he is in two completely different worlds in Super Mario Bros 2., (in which Mario was dreaming about a world that looked similar to Mario games) and Link's Awakening (in which Link was dreaming about a world that looked similar to Zelda games).

So yes, he seems to exist, but only in a "not real" world.

It also really bugs me that Wart didn't appear in Dream Team. It was basically asking for Wart.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Ugh, Super Mario Bros 2.
I bought the game ao Virtual Console and was horrible at it.
At first I couldn't beat the first level.
On the rare occasion that I did beat it, I would die on the second level.
On the very rare occasion that I beat the second level, I died on the third!
And on the miraculous occasion that I beat the third level, I got killed by the boss! :mad:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
It also really bugs me that Wart didn't appear in Dream Team. It was basically asking for Wart.
Between that and 3D World and it's repeated references to SMB2, it seems 2013 was the best time to revive Wart as a character.

(also god dammit, was anything in Dream Team? That could of been the perfect time revisit old forgotten characters like Wart)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Between that and 3D World and it's repeated references to SMB2, it seems 2013 was the best time to revive Wart as a character.

(also god dammit, was anything in Dream Team? That could of been the perfect time revisit old forgotten characters like Wart)
It was Luigi's Dreams!

Why didn't he have a dream about Waluigi! It could have made him a main series character!
He surely has to have thought about E Gadd and King Boo! They could have evoke big characters.

Before Dream Team's release, I kept talking to people about how Fawful could still be in, even though
SPOILERS FOR BiS!
[collapse=Bowser's Inside Story Spoilers]he died in Bowser's Inside Story
[/collapse]

One of my theories is that Luigi could have had a dream about Fawful, and the Fawful in his dreams could somehow still have all of Fawful's real life memories, even of his own death.
And then near the end of the game, Fawful could escape from the dream world, maybe in some sort of post-credits scene.
That would be so awesome!

Oh, well. I'll just hope the best for Fawful for Mario & Luigi 5.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
It was Luigi's Dreams!

Why didn't he have a dream about Waluigi! It could have made him a main series character!
He surely has to have thought about E Gadd and King Boo! They could have evoke big characters.

Before Dream Team's release, I kept talking to people about how Fawful could still be in, even though
SPOILERS FOR BiS!
[collapse=Bowser's Inside Story Spoilers]he died in Bowser's Inside Story
[/collapse]

One of my theories is that Luigi could have had a dream about Fawful, and the Fawful in his dreams could somehow still have all of Fawful's real life memories, even of his own death.
And then near the end of the game, Fawful could escape from the dream world, maybe in some sort of post-credits scene.
That would be so awesome!

Oh, well. I'll just hope the best for Fawful for Mario & Luigi 5.
Or you know .. a dream about daisy , would have made sense since she is his girlfrend after all.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Or you know .. a dream about daisy , would have made sense since she is his girlfrend after all.
Oh yes.
She was another character that I thought should appear.

Then again, the idea of Luigi dreaming about Daisy is basically a fan-fic that writes itself. :troll:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
It's a bit of a shame that we don't see Wart anymore, at least ONE game with him as a secret boss would be cool.

In fact, I had an idea that there would be a game where Mario and Luigi are tricked into Wario's Castle, and he reveals that there is no way to get out, and he'll finally conquer the Mushroom Kingdom disguised as Mario, with Waluigi at his side. So, the first world would be Wario's Castle, and along the way Wario would send out more villains after you, including those from Super Mario Bros. 2 and the Super Mario Land series. Then, in the end, one of Wario's henchmen (I've been thinking Wart or Tatanga) somehow possesses Waluigi and uses his body as a gateway to a hostile take-over of the dimension. No Bowser kidnapping Peach, something FRESH. Heck, if you're going to kidnap somebody, at least make it Daisy. Maybe just have Peach send Mario and Luigi items or something through the mail, and then reveal Bowser's captured her again in the ending, leading up to the normal Mario games. Then, there's a hard mode where you control Wario and Waluigi (with their own unique abilities, like the Shoulder Bash and such) to reach Daisy and kidnap her or something.

Anybody else want to make this? I'm sure it's easier than making a game like Smash from scratch.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Honestly, the only way Wart could get into the game would be as an Assist Trophy or as a Boss in the best case scenario. I've always thought that some Mario characters like Wart, Tatanga or Pauline should receive more recognition in Spin-off games like the Party or Kart series though.
****. I support.
Actually, according to 3D World, Rosalina is his girlfriend now.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Really?

Does this mean... they're slowly removing Daisy from canon? Rosalina will take her place as Peach's partner in sports games? Wow.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yeah, Wart should return to the series one day. At least let him in MK, Nintendo!
Mortal Kombat? :awesome:

SAY WHAT?!?!
Really?

Does this mean... they're slowly removing Daisy from canon? Rosalina will take her place as Peach's partner in sports games? Wow.
Waluigi X Rosalina deconfirmed.
i think that was a joke .
Slow down everyone!

Rosalina may not be Luigi's girlfriend!

She is probably Toad's :troll:
Though Starbomb says otherwise.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, Super Mario Bros 2.
I bought the game ao Virtual Console and was horrible at it.
At first I couldn't beat the first level.
On the rare occasion that I did beat it, I would die on the second level.
On the very rare occasion that I beat the second level, I died on the third!
And on the miraculous occasion that I beat the third level, I got killed by the boss! :mad:
Tell me about it... Fail Nintendo FAIL! "Let's make a game easier for them stupid Americans!"

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Tell me about it... Fail Nintendo FAIL! "Let's make a game easier for them stupid Americans!"
Well, for people that are decent at 2D Mario games, it was pretty easy.
Many people, like myself, suck at 2D Mario games, so by extent we suck at this one too.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I'd support Wart in some form or another. I know he was from a "dream world," but I'm really surprised we haven't seen him in some capacity (other than a Zelda cameo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom