• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthbound - over

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
dadadadadadadadadada BOBOOM SLAP
TAPTAP SLAP
dadadadadadadadadada BOBOOM SLAP
TAPTAP SLAP
dadadadadadadadadada BOBOOM *piano* SLAP TAPTAP SLAP
dadadadadadadadadada BOBOOM *piano*
SLAP TAPTAP SLAP
~ Deadline in 24 Hours! ~

Votecount 2.04
Vult Redux (1): T-Spin
Glyph (2): Red Ruy, Gheb_01
Not Voting 8 - Glyph, BadWolf, Kraken Puns, Frozenflame, Glyph, Swiss, Vult Redux, TBG.

Voting Log
TBG ->
Vult Redux ->
Kraken Puns ->
Red Ruy -> Glyph
frozenflame751 ->
Swiss->
Gheb -> frozenflame751 -> Glyph
Glyph ->
Badwolf ->
T-Spin -> Vult Redux

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
First of all I want to say that Gheb is an idiot or not reading. Second, I would like Ran to be lynched but I see that's not happening toDay. Third I want someone to summerize why exactly Glyph-wagon is happening toDay.

:applejack:

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
lmao so badwolf wants ran dead when he's already dead. He says this after complaining about how nothing is happening and how much he hates that, despite the fact that he clearly doesn't even know whats going on. that's ****in priceless

Posting to say I'm alive, but there's something I need to iron out with K first, and he hasn't responded to my message in a while.

For now though, I think we can
vote: Vult Redux
better iron that out fast because you're running out of time to explain yourself and give people the chance to even consider joining your wagon reallllll fast
That is an utterly bizarre post, RR.
Not gonna bother explaining
man these one liners are so incredibly useful

maybe I should feign real activity by doin that too

oh no wait nvm now I realize that you're just saying that because you were wrong, and are too lazy to come up with some crazy backup theory to cover your ass about being wrong on Ran haha

not that we had any attractive alternative plays but yeah that probs why he doesn't elaborate lol

@ Swiss: how can you seriously advocate a glyph lynch over a badwolf lynch at this point?

@ Gheb: i can see your point a bit on this indy read that you're making but it seems like a stretch. but **** it, thatd be a sweet bonus if we nailed him as scum, but he's clearly gonna be a liability this game even if we keep him around as town

with deadline this close ill settle for removing that at this point

Vote: Badwolf

TBG

Smash Cadet
Before I decide if I want my vote on Glyph or Badwolf, (Vult Lynch is dumb) didn't you all say Glyph usually does **** on D3 onwards?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Regardless of how you felt about Swiss or other players at that time it's pretty clear that you would've supported a Vinyl lynch had that option arisen at the end of Day 1. Am I right in this assumption? If not, what made you change your mind on Vinyl?
Maybe I would have if there were more evidence and push going against him. I wouldn't try to lynch him based off that one post.

I don't think "changed my mind" is the right word. But I realized that a Vinyl lynch was on the table because no one seemed to agree or care and because of time constraints even. Also I got really excited about the Swiss wagon and optimistic about the subsequent Tcat wagon.

The main reason you weren't concerened with Glyph / frozen is simply that you hadn't had the time to take note of them until later, correct? Assuming that you would've supported a Vinyl lynch yesterDay, would you also support a lynch of Glyph / frozen now? If not, what is the difference between these cases? If yes, will you join a wagon?
Yeah and yeah. Vote: Glyph

I feel bad for this vote because I haven't read him closely to read him but I know he hasn't contributed much and that he's not posting. It seems like others are okay with this lynch too. If I get a chance later tonight I might change direction.

As you see, I'm still unsure about where you stand on most things. Despite your attempts to clarify what was supposedly weird about my questions I still don't feel like I know more than I did before and I still don't see why my question shouldn't be answered. YesterDay you made a point of Vinyl being suspect, toDay you say that you've "dropped" him. What does that mean? You dropped him as a lynch candidate? Or just as your main lynch candidate after moving on to Swiss? How do you feel about Swiss now?
I changed my lynch efforts to Swiss and then Tcat instead. I thought it would be a waste of time and counterproductive to try to convince people to lynch him with 2-3 days left. So yeah he hasn't a lynch candidate. Not because I stopped thinking that what he said was sketchy, but because no one was looking at him and deadline was coming.

It's a stupid question and it's not valid at all. Asking "but why isn't X just distancing" already contains an accusation - in this case me allegedly trying to "distance" myself from you. So his "question" is not a question at all but a way to confront me with an accusation that has no backing whatsoever. It only serves to impose the responsibility of dissolving this mess on me when it's he himself who has to point out how and why I am trying to distance myself from you to begin with

The way he asks this question is definitely a sign of him being a bad player. Rather than being open minded about how to read people he's trying to confirm his own bias of me being scummy by asking me a question that is impossible to be correctly answered. If he were a good player he'd point out how and why I am attempting to distance myself from you and see whether or not my response to him adds up. But that's not what he's doing. What he's doing is that he throws an empty accusation at me and by way of veiling it behind a question he attempts to make it look like I owe him an answer when he is the one who is ought to explain things. In other words: he's not trying to find out whether I'm scummy or not. Instead, he goes into this discussion with the intention of making me look scummy no matter what by asking such a question. That's terrible play and it wonderfully displays why most dGames townies are so easily played as tools by people like OS while simultaneously having such a pathetic record of finding scum. My response to him was legit.
I don't think so. I think asking for clarification on why you thought what you thought was very open-minded.

Actually I didn't think what he said had anything to do with you distancing at all and have no idea where you got that from.

Actually I think you misinterpreted what he said, or I did. Iirc his question was asking you why you assumed I was town because of Vinyl's flip and wasn't just pointing Vinyl out to distance from him.

I just reread the post and I think I see how you misinterpreted it. /: I don't know which is of us is right because he worded it ambiguously (reminder: it's post 870). But could you answer assuming what he actually meant was the above?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Before I decide if I want my vote on Glyph or Badwolf, (Vult Lynch is dumb) didn't you all say Glyph usually does **** on D3 onwards?
couldn't you go back into the thread wielding ctrl+f and check or something? C'mon. I have so much to do and I'm at least trying to move something along.

besides, would that information even change your vote? I do remember someone saying that, but like, so what? he hasn't done anything so far and I think it's a bad idea to let him off the hook because some person said he'd get better later.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Nothing is happening again. I hate this.
how can you justify complaining about nothing happening if you are not trying to make anything happen? where's your vote?

also see Gheb's questions in #920

why do you keep talking about Ran? he is dead.

TBG

Smash Cadet
couldn't you go back into the thread wielding ctrl+f and check or something? C'mon. I have so much to do and I'm at least trying to move something along.

besides, would that information even change your vote? I do remember someone saying that, but like, so what? he hasn't done anything so far and I think it's a bad idea to let him off the hook because some person said he'd get better later.
I could have, but I'm also re-asking the thread so I don't give a useless player a pass.

If I understand what everyone said, he's sort of like Tizzy or Shina in my head, I guess, in that he's a good player but is useless for the sheer purpose of upping his win % over a large period. If he's got a meta for being a good and content providing player as soon as D3 starts, I don't really want to lynch him based on inactivity/uselessness, since he's about to fix that. If he's not really that good D3 or doesn't always become active at that point, then I'm okay with his lynch.

And yes, that absolutely changes my vote. I don't really suspect Badwolf that much, so I'd rather lynch an inactive, but if Glyph's about to burst with content, I'm okay with lynching a minor scum read.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I just reread the post and I think I see how you misinterpreted it. /: I don't know which is of us is right because he worded it ambiguously (reminder: it's post 870). But could you answer assuming what he actually meant was the above?
The only other interpretation that makes sense to me is that he thinks you might've distanced yourself from Vinyl and thus my reasoning to gain a townread on you is supposedly weak. However, it's still up to him to show how and why you'd distance yourself from him. Asking "why isn't X just distancing" is not enough because you could discredit any case that way. I've definitely given a better explanation on why I think it's not distancing. It's sill him who's being unconstructive and has some explaining to do.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@ Gheb: i can see your point a bit on this indy read that you're making but it seems like a stretch. but **** it, thatd be a sweet bonus if we nailed him as scum, but he's clearly gonna be a liability this game even if we keep him around as town
So what exactly is the difference to Glyph?

If I understand what everyone said, he's sort of like Tizzy or Shina in my head, I guess, in that he's a good player but is useless for the sheer purpose of upping his win % over a large period. If he's got a meta for being a good and content providing player as soon as D3 starts, I don't really want to lynch him based on inactivity/uselessness, since he's about to fix that.
But that's not the case at all. Glyph isn't going to become a good player. He might make some decent post here or there that possibly proves that he understands the fundamentals of this game but I can guarantee you that he will not make up for all the things he failed to do over the first two Days.

I will say however, that I'm willing to switch to Badwolf as well. Not only is his reaction to my [legitimate] call-out way too harsh - even for his standards - but the fact that he's been pushing a playerslot that's dead while failing to drop a vote anywhere definitely shows how much he's paying attention. I've seen townies skim a bit in the past but not to that extent. I'm REALLY uncomfortable with how frozen justifies his push against Badwolf though. There's no way that there's not a scumbag between Glyph, frozen and Badwolf in my book. Vig should feel free to shoot whomever of those guys doesn't get lynched.

#HBC | ѕoup

Everyone decided that playing Mafia was a bad thing and nothing got done. The Town of Twoson would sleep peacefully.

Votecount 2.05
Vult Redux (1): T-Spin
Glyph (4): Red Ruy, Gheb_01, Swiss, Vult Redux
Badwolf (1): Frozenflame
Not Voting 4 - BadWolf, Kraken Puns, Glyph, TBG.

Voting Log
TBG ->
Vult Redux -> Glyph
Kraken Puns ->
Red Ruy -> Glyph
frozenflame751 -> Badwolf
Swiss -> Glyph
Gheb -> frozenflame751 -> Glyph
Glyph ->
Badwolf ->
T-Spin -> Vult Redux

~ A no lynch has occurred! ~

Fuzzy pickles! Deadline in 48 Hours for all Night Actions. Game will open sooner if all actions are sent in sooner.

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
We all saw what happened last time we went down the inacvtive path.

Gotta say, with Vinyl scum in mind, his interactions with G-Lifts don't feel the same as Vinyl's ineractions with possible partners in the past.

I think there's a better case to be made for Ryu + Vinyl. but thats debatable.

For now; Let's try something different

VOTE: TBG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tATf94uDH8Q

#HBC | ѕoup

Game is not open right now, Kraken. I'll have a mod edit out your post.

Do not post in here.

#HBC | ѕoup

Night passes. Two bodies show up in a pool of their own blood. It was Murder.

The tone becomes more twisted, as do the intentions for these dead bodies. What did they do to deserve this fate? Isn't this game supposed to be rated E? I hope nobody files a complaint.

TBG (Ninten, Independent Telecommuticator (Survivor)) Has been killed!

BUT WAIT IF YOU ORDER IN THE NEXT 5 MINUTES YOU WILL LEARN THAT

Swiss (Paula, Town Gifted Child) got stuffed into a suspicious closet and suffocated to death!

~ How exciting! Day of Threed begins! ~

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kraken, why didn't you vote yesterDay?

ToDay is definitely between Glyph and Badwolf.

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
pretty much the only free time I had (Rake ) was when i posted that, and Kary's been busy too, i know johns are a pretty lame reason, but thats how it is.

I'd consider glyph if he's still irrelevant / not posting real content.

Gheb, now that swiss flipped town, badwulf riding his balls , telling Y/N ?

How do you feel about putting some pressue on T-Spin ?

#HBC | ѕoup

Deadline is basically 11:59:59 3/14/13, meaning the game will be locked or the phase will end exactly at midnight.

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
so no-one is being called names toDay. We have another couple of corpses, and the roles flipped aren't giving me anything to work with. The hell is a gifted child? Not even going to ask what a telecommuticator does.

Gheb, what are your feelings on RR at the moment?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Wow, my bad on the Ran thing yesterDay.
mfw I look back.

Top people now: FF, Glyph.

I want to talk setup. I'm thinking scum team of 3 with indy. So assuming that's correct.

6 - 2 right now. So we can only mislynch once more without getting another scum. Let's be more prudent with votes shall we?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Not surprised in the least TBG was scum.
I am actually not surprised either. His noncommittal actions at the end of the last Day were shifty-as-heck.

ToDay is definitely between Glyph and Badwolf.
Good choices. Maybe talk about Badwolf a little more though? I'm curious to hear your specific thoughts on him.

Has to go:
Glyph

Probably has to go eventually but I have doubts:
FF
Badwolf
T-spin

Good to stay for now:
Kraken
Gheb
RR

Le's gooooo

Vote: Glyph

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I love it when people blatantly ignore what was going on and also didn't vote when deadline was there.

Vote: Glyph

T-Spin talk to me more, where you at right now.

Someone remind me why Badwolf is scummy.

Obvious Vig is obvious.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why I think Badwolf is scummy:

- His Ran push. I don't think saying "whoops, my bad!" is enough to shrug this one off. Considering it was his only noteworthy push I think it's pretty fair to summarize that Badwolf has spent most of Day 2 doing nothing but pretending to make input via his catch-up posts. I find it hard to believe that somebody who's been catching up on posts in such a manner would forget that Ran was killed at the same time. Conclusion: I think most of that "input" from him has to be completely fake and I really don't think that Badwolf is able to convincingly argue against this accusation.
- His reaction to my accusation. When I told him that his posts are worthless and that he should summarize his points and make it clear whom his preferred lynch is he said I had to be "either scum or an idiot". This is an extremely harsh reaction to a legitimate point - Badwolf had been pushing a dead playerslot after all and has failed to offer anything else. Considering my call-out was completely justified it paints his reaction in a very poor light. It looks more like he was lashing out after somebody was threatening to call his charade rather than him being just angry like that.
- This post:

I want to talk setup. I'm thinking scum team of 3 with indy. So assuming that's correct.

6 - 2 right now. So we can only mislynch once more without getting another scum. Let's be more prudent with votes shall we?
I reall don't like it. Especially the last sentence. Being more prudent with votes? More prudent than yesterDay, where we failed to reach a lynch? Where 4 players were not voting at all [the same amount of players that voted for Glyph]? The only thing we'd accomplish with being even more prudent would be squeezing the last bit of constructivity out of this game. This seems to be such a logical and smart thing to say but it's just wrong and looks like another attempt to feign input - to pretend that he has something to say when he has contributed virtually nothing all game. Fluffing up points like those with set-up speculation doesn't make it a worthy contribution.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And of course I'd forget another point: I'm kind of baffled at how Glyph and frozen became Badwolf's main suspects all of a sudden. Care to explain how, why and when that happened?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I'm going to really hate myself for this later. Eh, whatever.

I wasn't lying when I was claiming my PR. I had an inheritance type of power. Basically whenever any other town PR died I got their power for a Day. Which btw is kinda awesome just because Swiss just died and now I'm Day vig for one Day.

Allons-y~

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Oh really? Tell us more about the ability your acquired. What is it called? What's your role called? Character? What exactly does your inheritance ability say?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
You realize that I can tell you that I have the power, but if I give out specific details I can get mod killed right? I'll tell you that the power allows me to freeze someone and they die at the end of the Day phase.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You have a day vig power, when it looks very much likely that there already is a vig running around.

I would defiantly like you to prove this.

Aka you shooting Glyph if his claim doesn't give us a reason to keep him around.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Oh, I didn't mean to quote /exactly/. I'm just asking for more details. Like your character and the names of the abilities.

Top Bottom