• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 Poll! What new characters will we see?

What characters will we see revealed at E3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So. Who's it gonna be? Take your guesses. Come back. Claim bragging rights when your right! Choose your character!

hit like 4 :warioc:because I forgot him :urg:

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I voted for Metaknight, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Pac-Man, Chrom (maybe Robin though), and Palutena. I would have voted for Wario too but I didn't see him on the poll.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I voted for Metaknight, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Pac-Man, Chrom (maybe Robin though), and Palutena. I would have voted for Wario too but I didn't see him on the poll.
Yea I just realized that before you posted haha. I wish I could add him in. I'd have to remove someone from the poll. Probably Slippy. If a mod has such a power.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Went for 4 veterans and 3 newcomers.

Veterans: Captain Falcon, Metaknight, Ganondorf, Ness
Newcomers: Ridley, Shulk, Robin (Chrom was also in the mix but I didn't want to choose both)

Pékaßlu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0147-0376-7641
Slippy but no new sonic reps? What is this sorcery?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pac-Man is the only one I'm fairly certain we'll see, other than that it really could be anyone. Perhaps Mii, Palutena or Shulk too, with veterans Ice Climbers and perhaps Wario.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
In terms of newcomers I'd be shocked to see anyone other than Ridley, Palutena, Mii, Pac-Man, Shulk, or Chrom. But then again Sakurai has shocked me more than once so I'm ready to expect the unexpected.

In terms of the veterans I don't really care since the majority of the Brawl vets are undoubtedly returning at this point... Just let Mewtwo be in there somewhere please. lol

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
I see rob, CF , GaW, ness , and metaknight being vets returning
for new comers the only ones I see that have a chance at E3 are Pacman , Mii and Chrom (who might be shown)

jigglover

Smash Lord
Well we're going to see Ridley at E3 after that direct no matter what. The question is whether he will be playable or whether he will be a boss character.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm amazed that literally every character in this poll has at least one vote...I feel as though some people felt this poll was a wish list rather than true expectations.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Palutena at 50%? I'm with the half that didn't vote for her. I think she'll be a secret character for sure. I'm surprised Pac-Man doesn't have the lead.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Voted for the following.

Veterans: Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Meta-Knight

Newcomer: Chrom

Honorable Mention: Wario'll probably show up too.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Veterans:
Wario
Meta-Knight
Ice Climbers

Newcomers:
Mii
Pac-Man
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe Ridley

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Voted Falco, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Lucas (would of voted Ness but he's always unlockable), Mewtwo, Palutena, Mii, Pacman, Shulk.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That moment when someone not even on the poll is revealed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Not all of the guys are voted i exspect i just see as possible but some are yes

The will get shown.

Meta knight
Wario
Ice climbers
Mewtwo
Ridley
Pac-man
Mii
Captain falcon
(And i forgot to vote for palutena.)

Not entirely exspecting
Snake
R.O.B
Ness
King k rool

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
My prediction:

Veterans: Metaknight, Wario, Ness (Ice Climbers is possible too but they'll probably want a veteran starter to reveal between e3 and the 3ds release)

I could see Ness being a starter again as....
1. He was a starter in melee
2. Lucas is no longer new, so even if he returns he doesn't necessarily need to be a starter over Ness.
3. Ness is now officially the worldwide face of Earthbound/Mother with the virtual console release of his game. It makes more sense than ever for him to be taking centre stage.

Newcomers: Pacman, Miis and Palutena as the safe options, plus Shulk (Just because I could really see an X/Shulk in smash combo reveal) I could see the first three revealed during a smash trailer/info dump......while Shulk will appear at the end of an X trailer/info dump.

Last edited:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
My prediction for vets:
- Ness or Lucas (but not both)
- Ice Climber/s (either together or split)
- Falco (Invitational)
- Dr. Mario (as a costume for Mario)
- Meta Knight
- Wario
- Mewtwo (if he's in the game)

My prediction for newcomers:
- Palutena
- Fire Emblem character
- Pac-Man
- Mii
- Takamaru
- Shulk

And my personal hope is to see Ganondorf and Tingle or a new Zelda character as well as costumes based on other Zelda games. Specifically Skyward Sword or the new Zelda.

For reference, I do not expect 12 character reveals at E3. I just listed off all the characters that I think have a chance of being shown if they're in the game. Could be less than half that.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Remember when we thought Diddy and Dixie tag team were going to be revealed back in February? Or when we thought Chrom would be revealed in August? Or when we thought Yoshi would be revealed in March? We are REALLY good at this guys :troll:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Voted:
:ness2::lucas::falco::wolf::falcon::ganondorf:
-Because Sakurai will probably explain the extents of customization, and how he had to change some of these characters because the customization system already rendered them a bit more redundant if kept. So he'll probably break them down into details to explain the new abilities. Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are probably not going to be or move even remotely alike.

:popo:
-Because of what he had to do to balance them a bit to avoid infinite grabs, while giving them new options and possibly a new mechanic.

(Mike Jones)
-Just because it's me. :p And I'm super biased. And because I really want StarTropics to be the game Retro was working on. And this was WAY before LeakerBros. Come at me.

NEWCOMERS:
-Dixie
-Shulk

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I voted Isaac, Ridley, Robin, Ganondorf, and Wolf. Oh and you spelled "Leif" wrong. :p

TheLightningGamer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-7316-4338
I voted Captain Falcon (he's like the mascot of Smash), Meta Knight (follow up on Brawl?), and being optimistic with Mewtwo, Ridley, Palutena, Chrom, Shulk, Mii, and Pac-Man. This is very unlikely, but this is who I hope to see. Who's logical? Captain Falcon, Palutena, Ridley, and Mewtwo.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I voted Captain Falcon (he's like the mascot of Smash), Meta Knight (follow up on Brawl?), and being optimistic with Mewtwo, Ridley, Palutena, Chrom, Shulk, Mii, and Pac-Man. This is very unlikely, but this is who I hope to see. Who's logical? Captain Falcon, Palutena, Ridley, and Mewtwo.
Oh, that reminds me, I forgot about Mewtwo! :p

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I'd be pretty down for Ridley, Space Pirate, Robin, Mewtwo, Sceptile, and Anthony Higgs. I can't dislike Anthony Higgs, guys.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I voted only for Ganondorf. I see him as a possible reveal following the reveal of further details on the Wii U Zelda game. No one else seemed terribly likely. As much as I'd like Falcon to be revealed before release, I just don't see it happening.

Top Bottom