• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck Hunt Jump B-Reverse

Pyro-is-Magic

Smash Cadet
I was messing around with Jump B-Reverse on Duck Hunt's projectiles and found some good applications for them, BTW posting this since I haven't seen a thread talking about B-Reverse here.

B-Reverse Can- I found diagonal jump into B-Reverse Can allows as a weird counterattack/approaching option since it's very unpredictable. Has a huge risk factor since the can could be knocked back into you while in mid air. Could be a viable get-off-me option.

B-Reverse Gunmen- Amazing potential with this setup. The Gunmen will be behind you when you land so it gives you an amazing rush down setup. Not sure if B-reversing the move while in mid-air reduces lag but it definitely feels that way. Using Quick Gunmen for this is better for close range because it gives you faster protection. Standard Gunmen is probably better for combo setups when using this option.

B-Reverse Clay Pigeon- This is hard as hell to pull off but looks cool. Doesn't seem that useful however. Since B-Reversing the attack will give you forward momentum you can get easily punished for using it. Has the potential to be a better get-off-me option than B-Reverse Can if your afraid the Can will be reflected to your face.

Small thing to note but potentially big, when I tested this on Battlefield, I think I might have ledge canceled the start up lag of a B-Reversed Clay Pigeon. Needs more testing however.

Tl;Dr B-Reversing in mid air is a strong surprise tool for Duck Hunt Dog.

Performed on 3DS Battlefield. Inputs are angled full/short hop, B/Side-B/Down-B, flick stick in opposite direction to Reverse-B. Done successfully if DHD travels in the direction of the projectile. Would recommend having a trigger button set to B since you would have to slide from Y to B on the gamecube controller otherwise.

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
B-Reverse Gunmen- Amazing potential with this setup. The Gunmen will be behind you when you land so it gives you an amazing rush down setup. Not sure if B-reversing the move while in mid-air reduces lag but it definitely feels that way. Using Quick Gunmen for this is better for close range because it gives you faster protection. Standard Gunmen is probably better for combo setups when using this option.
This is great. I just tried it out on some for glory matches and it works really well. It gives great set up and covers Duck Hunt very well

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I'll have to give this more of a try. I used to be boss at B-reversing in Brawl using Wolf's lasers but haven't thought about doing this much with DH.

O1DsLeNdYwHiTe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARKANSAS-Gamer
I've always had an issue reversing down-b. I have no idea why, my brain and fingers just do not cooperate whenever I try to iniate the input. I mained Snake in Brawl; a character that you have to b-reverse ALOT with, and the only variation I couldn't seem to pull off consistently, was the down-b reversal.

Blumiere

Professional Can Pilot
I was able (after setting C-stick to Special) to get backwards momentum after firing clay while moving forward with enough momentum in the air and flicking C in the opposite direction. The disc still goes straight ahead but you jut backwards instead of the usual path. Being able to choose your air momentum after pigeon seems very useful. Maybe even bait potential? Not sure if this works with regular B-reversing.

But the above says gaining forward momentum off of pigeon, so that's probably another pigeon option I haven't figured out. I look forward to testing this out more when I get home. More options is better. :)

Top Bottom