• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dthrow Setups

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I'm having lots of trouble getting kills of Dthrow --> Dair. My problem isn't the DI, it's the timing. How exactly do you time your jump-->Dair following a dthrow? Character weights certainly make it harder to time overall.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
I generally had the same problem with the timing of this as well. I believe if you dash right before you jump, you'll be able to hit confirm more easily/often with Dair.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Sounding like your spacing might be causing some issues here, as well. Remember, the hitbox on Link's dAir is really wacky, not at all where it seems to be. Try and place Link's head in whatever you're trying to connect with, and make sure Link is facing who you are trying to hit. Generally, you want to be inside of what you're trying to hit as you throw out the dAir. You don't want to throw it out and try to 'chase' them with it, it's just too slow a move. You can also find success in delaying the dAir until your opponent makes an opening.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
At a tournament yesterday I was way more successful getting these kill setups. Not too sure why but it could be perhaps that netplay players have an easier time escaping hitstun. Either way I agree with what Harry said that the dashing does help. Also Fortress I'm aware of the hitbox, but sometimes I just press Y and Link just doesn't leave the ground...Especially vs fatties.

Fortress

Smash Master
Also Fortress I'm aware of the hitbox, but sometimes I just press Y and Link just doesn't leave the ground...Especially vs fatties.
I used to have that problem. I would end up just doing dSmashes on the ground when I wanted dThrow > dAir. Just means that you pressed jump too early.

Top Bottom