• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dreamhack Valencia - Brawl - 2000 Euros in Cash... - July 18th, 2013 - Valencia, Spain

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Ok preregister is up http://www.dreamhack.es/en/news/noticias/encuesta-smash-bros/ Here you have it. The poll will be open for like 7 days and they need to see about 100 interested players. If there's that number before 7 days they will confirm earlier so send it around and preregister asap!! (no need to be fully confirmed and stuff).

Where it says will you bring tv/wii it's supposed to be a separate question. Only put yes if you'll bring tv (which I doubt lol).
Try to elaborate a bit if you can in the reasoning for smash being in Dreamhack. Also it's important you put your nationality, foreigners coming is a deciding factor.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Marcbri why didn't you just say it was dreamhack lmao. Jesus christ way more ppl would have responded right away, dreamhack is a household name for esports

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I couldn't. I even had it put as Dreamhack in the first place but the staff who was my contact asked me to remove it. Main reason is they weren't sure about they having this tournament and it can be seen as bad publicity for them to have an event and then cancel it. I even had to take out of the main post this was happening in Valencia lol. They just wanted a private investigation pretty much.

For the people who is registering please let know everyone who is interested to preregister (no need to pay anything nor be fully confirmed). We need to show how much interest this tournament can generate!

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
There are atm about 110 registrations. woot. I hope thats enough for them >.> Still if you know interested people that hasn't done the prereg go tell them.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Apparently the staff is surprised with the amount of people but they are still checking the viability of the tourney. both me and Saturos (the staff member who's also from the smash community) are doing everything we can, but we can't speed up the process. We are both hoping for a confirmation this week.

oh you can check which other games Dreamhack offers in this site in case you are interested http://www.dreamhack.es/en

edit: Got to talk to Staco, Ally. He doesn't remember his SWF password so here's a message from him: Ally u ******, u got my FB <_<

xD

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Any updates on this yet????

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Got an answer just yesterday.

The result is no, they just didn't take us seriously.

Welp. I don't think I'll bother trying to host anything else after this. All effort gone to waste...

Mr-R

Smash Champion
what it got canceled!? but I already booked my flight 2 days ago..............

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
At least we tried. Seems like we did everything right. The organisers just sounds close-minded in this case.

Ramin I hope you are joking... :(

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
what it got canceled!? but I already booked my flight 2 days ago..............

Uh, I really hope you are joking :/

Meh, this sucks so hard, wish we were taken seriously. 130 entrants is way more than any other tourney the have but at the end of the day they didn't think they could get enough profit

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I was joking.. LMAO a terrible and not funny joke too xD

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
^ ****** ur plane shood crash next time without you dying, but you would wake up after a long coma outside in the middle of a jungle, with no survivors other than you or any way to communicate with anyone. As you walk through the hideous stank Jungle, a tiger approaches you and eat one of your leg and decides that you tasted like **** so it was better off leaving you dying by your own. with one leg less, you encounter a dead tree, dead enough for you to use one of its branch and use it as a cane. Starving like a ****, you decide it was time to go back to your natural instincts, hunting worms from the wet humid ground, licking the ants off of the leaves and wood harpooning any kind of creatures in your path while you scratch your newly formed beard that itches and drinking muddy water out of an animal footprint hole. After 3 days, you started losing hope, the jungle didn't seem to end and the more you leaped around with your remaining leg, the less you could feel it still being alive. On your 4th day, you tripped on a small pebble, breaking your last leg on another rock waiting for an unlucky impact, needless to say, the rock was okay. Out of rage and despair, you began to think, why did this **** happen to you? Why is life unfair like this? Depressive thoughts started flowing through your body. How to die? Being cripped takes alot of options out. Maybe wait for a furious creature to take a few more limbs out? The night was growing darker and darker and as you started closing your eyes to admit defeat... a light started glowing a bit further, maybe less than 1 tenth of a mile. What could that be? Heaven calling you up there? the glowing kept getting bigger and bigger as time passed, perhaps every second. A noise began to be heared, it sounded like a growling animal. The sound was getting TOO LOUD, it wasn't hope anymore that you felt, it was fear. A small bush was blocking the location of the noise, but the light was now right in front and the noise as loud as a motorcycle, something was coming, but at that point, you knew what it was... there's no logical explanation for this... it was just too late... You tried to roll to dodge it but the only thing that could be heard after a brutal scream was bones, flesh and blood being crushed and spilled everywhere, shortly after that moment, the birds began singing again...

Top Bottom