• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down throw D-smash chaingrab..? This is aggrevating

Buuman

Smash Ace
Okay this is really starting to bug me. When you down throw with popo...with the c-stick for example...u hit with the down smash with nana..and down throw with popo..(no knockback from the d smash) and u can regrab or whatever...what I'm not understanding is sometimes the downsmash hits out of the down throw...and the opponent gets knocked back from the downsmash...I'm not understanding this..if someone could clear this up for me I would appreciate it ALOT. Thanks

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure it's all about timing. The D-smash has to connect right before they bounce up from the throw. Try C-sticking just a bit earlier than usual.

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah its about the timing, its also good to note that the timing changes based on the weight of who you are throwing, the heavier they are the longer you have to wait. I think, correct me someone if I am wrong, that this chainthrow only works on characters you can dthrow and recatch without using the dsmash like Shiek for example. Basically you need to hit them between the time they are touching the ground and being popped up from the throw if I am doing it right.

Buuman

Smash Ace
yeah I figured >.>. Yeah it is a bit hard to switch the timing between characters, and different smashes with the down throw. Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Top Bottom