• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Teleport?

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
Im pretty sure this is a bug, but I also might've lost my mind. I've only been able to recreate it a few times, and each instance I've observed this "double teleport" has been on the left side of FD, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. (Maybe thats why its so rare for me, i've done it maybe like four times now total)

I was practicing teleporting edgehogging in multiple forms. I've caused the glitch twice while tapping back (away from the edge) using jump to float away from the edge, then teleporting back to hog the edge. What happens, as far as I can tell, is that you teleport to the edge, do not grab the edge, somehow manage to refresh your teleport, (maybe jump too? I haven't tested this) and are able to teleport onstage, or fall for a while, then teleport again to the edge and grab it. Im pretty damn sure that I am not grabbing the edge and immediately dropping (as far as I can tell), it looks like I am "hitting" the stage on a funny angle and getting my teleport refreshed, which would seem to indicate that your jump would be refreshed too. To confirm that I am not grabbing the edge, I once did it by teleporting to the edge, using a fair, thought I was going to fall to my death, and then tried to teleport again, and grabbed the edge.

I know pics or it didn't happen, but I don't really have any sort of setup for recording this. Its so rare that I don't think its really possible to control (unless I can figure out what causes it) but I was curious if anyone else had observed this. Confirmation that I am or am not high would be appreciated.

Also, should I take it to bug report or is it too rare/unimportant?

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
confirmed possible issue with mewtwo, hitting the edge 45 angled down at the right spot will cause mewtwo to reset just above the edge. possibly useful if expected, possibly threatening if unexpected. probably will be fixed sometime i would imagine as this also happens to lucario's up b.

your jumps do all refresh including hover, if you're close enough to the edge you could probably hold forward and do a very deep wavedash as well, you also end up in just the right height to do a teleport forward and land on the stage and look fast as hell so honestly i think its a neat trick.

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
Alright, cool, that pretty much settles the issue for me. Do you know of any examples where anyone abuses this, or does it consistently enough to be useful?

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Alright, cool, that pretty much settles the issue for me. Do you know of any examples where anyone abuses this, or does it consistently enough to be useful?
doubt it right now but probably some mewtwo out in the world is trying to consistently apply it to his repertoire of hilarious shenanigans so he can beat his brother up enough to make another combo video of it

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Seems to me like it's an old Brawl glitch that a lot of characters had (Marth and the 3 spacies to name a few).
Wonder if the others still have it.

CeLL

Smash Lord
This is a Brawl glitch noticeable with Fox and Falco's Illusion and Phantasm. You do indeed get your jump back, not just your up B.

I hate it when it happens to me in Brawl, because with Fox and Falco it makes it so that if you don't react immediately, you're forced to use your up B to recover, which is almost certain death against good players.

I can't imagine how difficult it would be to do it on purpose with Mewtwo, as I can't even do it with Fox or Falco in Brawl in purpose, and there's no angle to worry about with them.

Top Bottom