• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Items

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Earlier this week, @Raziek and I had a moment in Robin dittos where I was able to pick up an automatically discarded Levin Sword at the same instant it hit, effectively giving Robin two Levin Swords. Figuring it was a fluke, I thought little of it.

And then it happened again.

http://www.twitch.tv/stockcancelgaming/v/4016193

@1:25:40

There's something about Robin and his automatic discard quirk that can let him pick his weapon back up at the instant it hits someone. Naturally, this creates a lot of pressure, as not only does Robin escape disadvantage thanks to the discard, he's immediately back in the driver's seat with a 15% weapon that kills at 120 as the opponent is working to get back in neutral. It's niche and situational as all hell, but if we can figure out the mechanics of this, this can lead to some new ways on how we use our Levin Sword's last use (and let us breathe a little easier if we whiff the last use), as well as our tomes, if we can pull the same things off with the tomes.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
I'm familiar with this, and I'm sure anyone who has played Robin enough. Since I don't 100% keep track of current weapon uses, I cannot imagine how effective it would be. Granted, I definitely see the pressure this sudden moment can cause and taking the immediate opportunity.

That reminds me, I'm not sure if it's lag related but there may be a "item dura" glitch with Robin whenever I'm spamming Levin Sword in the air and use it again on the ground, I discard two swords before each attack. That only happened like once or twice as far as I can remember.

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
Earlier this week, @Raziek and I had a moment in Robin dittos where I was able to pick up an automatically discarded Levin Sword at the same instant it hit, effectively giving Robin two Levin Swords. Figuring it was a fluke, I thought little of it.

And then it happened again.

http://www.twitch.tv/stockcancelgaming/v/4016193

@1:25:40

There's something about Robin and his automatic discard quirk that can let him pick his weapon back up at the instant it hits someone. Naturally, this creates a lot of pressure, as not only does Robin escape disadvantage thanks to the discard, he's immediately back in the driver's seat with a 15% weapon that kills at 120 as the opponent is working to get back in neutral. It's niche and situational as all hell, but if we can figure out the mechanics of this, this can lead to some new ways on how we use our Levin Sword's last use (and let us breathe a little easier if we whiff the last use), as well as our tomes, if we can pull the same things off with the tomes.

Thoughts?
From replaying it over and over, I think we should do a bit of frame testing on Robin's discard of the Levin Sword and his other tomes(if it hasn't been done already, I might need to check). At 1:25:40 from the video @ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan posted, Robin instantly has a item. This could be related to the timing of when you press the button for a Z-Catch, but needs more testing.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
This could be a very useful mechanic for Robin, but I feel that it's so situational that it would barely have an opportunity to be used. Granted that if we are able to find out how to how it works, we might be able to create a situation where we can use it. Though getting another tome/sword in your hands could make or break a match so I can't diss at it too much. Just seems like it's an unreliable tactic at the moment, though that can all change.

We'll need to determine what causes it and hope it doesn't get patched out here in this update.

Top Bottom