• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Edition! - Squirtle Shades Moveset PSA v1.1

Is this mod OP? I'm considering balances!

• Yes, with this mod I mostly find myself at an advantage.

• No, this mod has no overwhelming impact on my gameplay.

• I have not tried his mod and will change my vote when I have an opinoion.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Squirtle Shades Moveset PSA

Hi, all! This is my first major project for modding Project M. It will allow Squirtle to have an alternate move set when wearing his shades and his normal one when they break. With this mod I wanted to provide a fun incentive for casual players to use Squirtle's Up Taunt easter egg. I promise this PSA to be a rewarding experience for those who dare to don the shades.

Download:
vPreShades
-New Aerial Down Special
+Lv50 Bubble
>Practically the same as before but Squirtle quickly retreats into his shell and gains armor before unleashing a torrent of bubbles.
-New Nair
+Hydro Slam
>Squirtle slams opponent with an all-out attack. (This move spikes)
-New Dair
+Soak
>Squirtle drenches his opponent. (20% chance to plant flower)​

v1
-Updated for Project M 3.5!
-New Grounded Down Special after shades break!
+Splash
>Squirtle retreats into his shell, splashing out bubbles. (Can reflect projectiles)
-Fixed all animations
-Fixed all hitboxes
v1.1
-Updated/Rebalanced for Project M 3.6!
NOTE: As of vPreShades Squirtle isn't required to have shades on to use the moveset, however you can still put them on for the same effect.

Move List:
NOTE: Some gifs may be sped up, this will be fixed later.

Lv50 Bubble [AirDownB]

Hydro Slam [Nair]
Soak [Dair]

Splash [GroundDownB (Shades Broken)]

Known Bugs:
vPreShades
*Minor animation glitches (very minor)
*Hitbox on Bubble hits behind Squirtle due to spinning animation (might keep it for strategy purposes)
*Hydro Slam hitbox only applies to Squirtle's shell, not his body (might keep this to eliminate cheap spikes)
*Soak doesn't actually have a 20% chance of planting a flower. It will though!
*Soak animation doesn't properly face Squirtle in the right direction afterwards.​
v1
*Minor audio bugs​
v1.1
*None known, needs testing

Last edited:

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I still need help finding what controls Squirtle's shades. If anyone could offer any insight, that'd be great. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
this is cool i am looking forward to it being done and before you ask i can't give you any insight because i don't know

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Changed 'Waterfall' to 'Soak'. I didn't know Waterfall was the name of Squirtle's UpB (I thought it was Surf :))

Last edited:

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
when is next update?
Soon. I am happy to say that I got Squirtle's shades to swap his moveset. I am currently finishing up some animations and balancing his new moveset. Have you taken a look at the preShades version?

Jevedor

Smash Cadet
Neat, i will have to keep an eye on this one. I really like that new DAir

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Soon. I am happy to say that I got Squirtle's shades to swap his moveset. I am currently finishing up some animations and balancing his new moveset. Have you taken a look at the preShades version?
no, because i got busy and forgot to

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
man i wish i could help you with this but i don't know anything about making a moveset for a character or anything else for modding all i can think of is maybe i could play test the moveset for you

Last edited:

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
man i wish i could help you with this but i don't know anything about making a moveset for a character or anything else for modding all i can think of is maybe i could play test the moveset for you
Thanks for the offer, but the truth is I haven't been working on making this 3.5 compatible (3.5 release/holiday season set me back a bit). I'm going to take today to get most of it done. If you'd like, I could set up a Dropbox and upload my most current revisions (PM me for the link). I'd like some feedback as I try balancing this moveset for fun/practicality.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the offer, but the truth is I haven't been working on making this 3.5 compatible (3.5 release/holiday season set me back a bit). I'm going to take today to get most of it done. If you'd like, I could set up a Dropbox and upload my most current revisions (PM me for the link). I'd like some feedback as I try balancing this moveset for fun/practicality.
ok but how do i PM lol never figured it out and this will be the first time i have tested a mod for someone so i might seem kinda noobish when i am messing around with this so don't be surprised if i tell you stuff you probably already know

Edit: but i will help as much as possible so that this mod can get out to the public

Last edited:

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
ok but how do i PM lol never figured it out and this will be the first time i have tested a mod for someone so i might seem kinda noobish when i am messing around with this so don't be surprised if i tell you stuff you probably already know

Edit: but i will help as much as possible so that this mod can get out to the public
I'll send it to you then. Don't worry, I'll appreciate an extra set of eyes.

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
I'll send it to you then. Don't worry, I'll appreciate an extra set of eyes.
ok thank you i won't let you down and the most current revision you have do you think it would be 3.5 compatible?

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
ok thank you i won't let you down and the most current revision you have do you think it would be 3.5 compatible?
Yes, I've already done the animations. I just have to redo all the hitboxes for 3.5. I should have something ready by tomorrow

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I've already done the animations. I just have to redo all the hitboxes for 3.5. I should have something ready by tomorrow
cool really looking forward to it by the way i play on dolphin because my ssbb game wont read my sd card but everything else does

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, a new version of my Squirtle mod is available for download! You can expect compatibility with PM 3.5, plenty of bug fixes, and a whole new move! There have once again been some changes to move names (I think I'm satisfied now), ['Soak' is now 'Hydro Slam', 'Water Pulse' is now 'Soak']. I hope you all enjoy!

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
More Gifs have been added to the move list section! Please excuse the quality (I recorded these with my phone).

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Cool!How do I set it up?
Replace your "FitPokeZenigame" and "FitPokeZenigameMotionEtc" pac files in (projectm/pf/fighter/PokeZenigame/)
with the modded files you downloaded. I recommend backing up your originals in case something goes wrong.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Replace your "FitPokeZenigame" and "FitPokeZenigameMotionEtc" pac files in (projectm/pf/fighter/PokeZenigame/)
with the modded files you downloaded. I recommend backing up your originals in case something goes wrong.
This looks good. Ill be watching this thread.

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Fedora here! Just like the rest of you, I'm extremely excited for the release of PM 3.6b. I just want to know from the community if there is still interest in my Squirtle mod. The release of 3.6 of course means that the mod is now outdated in it's current state. Please let me know if I should continue updating. With updates come: Rebalancing for 3.6, Possibly new moves/ features, and bug-fixes! Thanks for your support up to this point, I hope to continue providing high-quality content for y'all to enjoy :D

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
Fedora here! Just like the rest of you, I'm extremely excited for the release of PM 3.6b. I just want to know from the community if there is still interest in my Squirtle mod. The release of 3.6 of course means that the mod is now outdated in it's current state. Please let me know if I should continue updating. With updates come: Rebalancing for 3.6, Possibly new moves/ features, and bug-fixes! Thanks for your support up to this point, I hope to continue providing high-quality content for y'all to enjoy :D
Please continue this I love using this mod. I think it needs get updated for 3.6 and I can play test again for you.

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Please continue this I love using this mod. I think it needs get updated for 3.6 and I can play test again for you.
Hello again, Yeller, thanks for the support! I'm going to update this for 3.6, but I won't be able start until Thursday because I'm on vacation. As soon as I have a fresh build for 3.6, I'll PM you the files for testing.

Last edited:

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Hello, all! As promised, I've updated the Squirtle Shades Moveset PSA for compatibility with Project M 3.6. It's available for download now, so go enjoy it! Once again, thanks to those who showed interest in this project. I hope to continue providing more quality content in the future :)

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Hi there! ☺Do you take requests?
I would, since I don't have any other projects at the moment. I won't take them here in this thread though. If you have a request, please PM me.

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
I'm currently making some changes to this project. Any feedback would be vital and appreciated during this process.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
I'm currently making some changes to this project. Any feedback would be vital and appreciated during this process.

Thank you!
Hello it's been a long time since I have been here and I am sorry about that. Are you still wanting people to test this? I am so very sorry for disapearing, but I am back. I will still test this if needed, gonna play it though anyways.

Top Bottom