• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Jr is coming to join the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Yep, DK JR. Lol.

Origin: Donkey Kong Jr. first appeared in Donkey Kong Jr, where Mario would capture DK, and it was up to Donkey Kong Jr to save him. Anyways, he can fight, but first, STATS!

Size: 5/10
Weight: A little heavier than Olimar
Speed: 6/10, he's quick.
Strength: 4/10

Neutral Special: Tennis Racket Bash. Donkey Kong Jr's tennis racket from Mario Tennis, he swings it twice, each doing 4%

Side Special: Vine Swipe. Jr pulls out 2 vines and swings them in an X fashion. It does 16%

Down Special: Snapjaw. Jr. Shoots a blue Snapjaw that follows enemies. It does 16%

Up Special: Vine Climb. Jr. Climbs a vine for 1 1/2 seconds that can be aimed in any direction. So you can use it as a horizontal, diagonal, or vertical recovery

Final Smash: Snapjaw Fury. Vines cover the arena, and snapjaws climb on them and damage opponents with 20%. The vines also act as walls. The final smash lasts 15 seconds

Suggestions wanted! :bee:

Reznor

work in progress
I don't think most people want baby versions of characters playable in smash already
I would like baby characters playable though just so I can play as baby bowser

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I don't think most people want baby versions of characters playable in smash already
I would like baby characters playable though just so I can play as baby bowser
Dont count DK Jr as just a baby version of another character, he is the current DK's father and part of nintendo's history. He could be completely different from DK, i mean just look at the differences in staffo's list of specials. Im all for DK Jr, hes been gone for far too long and he could kill two birds with one stone, a retro and dk rep all in one. Although i understand most people arent open to the idea since they want other DK characters first, but id say at least keep the possibility open with sakurai running things.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Last appearance DK JR had was a cameo in 2010. Though the game he's most known for, Donkey Kong Jr, was a good game back then. I also know he came in Mario Tennis and Super Mario Kart as an unlockable character, but that just makes him cooler

Reznor

work in progress
Dont count DK Jr as just a baby version of another character, he is the current DK's father and part of nintendo's history. He could be completely different from DK, i mean just look at the differences in staffo's list of specials. Im all for DK Jr, hes been gone for far too long and he could kill two birds with one stone, a retro and dk rep all in one. Although i understand most people arent open to the idea since they want other DK characters first, but id say at least keep the possibility open with sakurai running things.
wait I thought DK jr. was the current DK and Cranky Kong is the original DK

Reznor

work in progress
Think about that for a second.

If Cranky is DK's grandfather, how can DK be DK Jr.?
guess thats true but doesn't that mean DK jr. is current DKs dad
because in DK country it says Cranky is DKs Grandpa and in DK jr the original DK (Cranky Kong) is DK jrs dad

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I guess DK Jr. died while giving birth to the current DK. :troll: /badjoke

CalumG

Smash Lord
This seems like another sense of character ideas that are "retro for the sake of retro" which would potentially be better suited as an assist than an actual playable fighter. Not that I've got anything against DK Jr. of course - but I wouldn't consider him particularly memorable, and I figure most of the fanbase would either be raging at the fact that there are better DK characters to choose from, or raging that there are more memorable retro characters to choose from.

I would like to see a DK Jr. stage though - and preferably with as few interruptions as possible. 75M and Mario Bros. were both stages with massive potential but I felt like I was spending more time getting attacked by the stage itself than I was getting attacked by the other fighters.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945

If they added another Kong...it would probably be Dixie...but I would love Lanky Kong in smash lol.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
guess thats true but doesn't that mean DK jr. is current DKs dad
because in DK country it says Cranky is DKs Grandpa and in DK jr the original DK (Cranky Kong) is DK jrs dad
Yeah it would make JR DK's dad, nintendo has since rewritten things to their universe. Perhaps DK Jr got lost in the jungle though? Im almost hoping the 4th character in tropical freeze is a wild looking DK Jr that survived and ended up with a pile of bananas that he treated like wilson :p.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
B - Fruit throw
Up B- Vine climb
Side B - Snap jaw swing- swings around a snapjaw on a chain
down B- lets loose a Ice/fire elemental things from the game, that circles the stage just like the item did in brawl.

A attacks could be key attacks.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
A attacks could be key attacks.
Yeah i was thinking that could work well for his side a dash attack, not sure whether or not it should be brought down like an axe, or lunged like he was putting it in the key hole. Another potential move could randomly have his side b let him just jump in his kart from super mario kart, kinda like wario's, but then again it might be too similar in that sense.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Yeah it would make JR DK's dad, nintendo has since rewritten things to their universe. Perhaps DK Jr got lost in the jungle though? Im almost hoping the 4th character in tropical freeze is a wild looking DK Jr that survived and ended up with a pile of bananas that he treated like wilson :p.

I'd actually REALLY love to play as Feral Donkey Kong Junior and his sidekick Bucky the Banana, with the 8-bit face of his father on it. On the other note, I'm fairly certain PINK Donkey Kong Junior is the current DK's father :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom